28 62.22%
  • Disagree with proposal.

17 37.78%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

in the Graveyard,Amongst the fallen blades
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Wulven studios. CHANGE YOUR BUSSINESS APPROACH!!!

Now awhile ago i made a thread in suggestion section.
    About the first two sets you have made.
    COTC and DP. Suggesting you change your mind about not changing or tweaking or buffing/nerfing the old cards.

Lets face it you have a track record of making sets on a slow pace taking years sometimes. Doing this would provide benefits for your bussines such as KEEPING PLAYERS INTERESTED. From data over the years it suggests 20% of the entire cardpool is used roughly thats 120 cards correct me if my data is wrong id like to hear more accurate data if its provided. But 120 cards out of 600 used is rather pathetic. Making metas very limited.

You have hired a staff of coders recently too as well as a community manager.
    And you have a PFG you could easily have the players anaylse the meta. Test the cards. (Tweaked, reworked, Buffed/nerfed)
    And coders code it from test servers to the main server.
    Yes you have to work for the money we give. We want you to succeed and make more money amd become bigger the games like hearthstone,shadowverse and yugioh duel links. *shudders saying yugioh burns my tongue.
    The players have been demanding this for a long time i will harrass and stress this till we get our demands.
    We dont care about your crappy physicals shadowera will never succeed physically. We want digital we want cards reworked. Im sick of playing with 120-150 cards and seeing the same 120-150 cards being played in the meta. Its annoying.
    No more excuses.
    Communicate with us
    And listen to your customers.

Also fans please put your input
    Wether you agree or not we can debate this and work this out and have our voices heard.

-sincerly
    Leviosablade.
    Last edited by Leviosablade; 01-27-2017 at 02:17 PM.
    Avenger Of The Fallen Blade,
    Warriors Of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness , Reborn

LDL CHAMPION 23 APR 13
    Season 15 Ranking: 65
    Season 22 Ranking: 88

Blue Phoneix Guild Leader

JOIN THE MOST EPIC GUILD EVER: Warriors of The Blue Phoenix

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?19877-Guild-Warriors-of-the-Blue-Phoenix-Greatness-Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wholeheartedly agree with brother Levi.
    Furthermore, physical Cards can get reprinted at a later date (if there's any interest at all), or simply play the physical game with the rules already set up on them. I don't see why the cannot coexist, as physical gameplay is a completely different experience regardless.
    IGN: BP AlphaRedux
    TG: @AlphaRedux
    GMT: -4
    Eternal servant of Light and Darkness
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I disagree. Changing older cards is just a band aid fix. Whats needed is a bigger development team, and future sets being worked on simultaneous to current sets, allowing for a smooth transition between sets instead of a waiting period while other things take place.

Obviously there is a monetary cost to this, which means that wulven should really consider adjusting the prices of things, aswell as providing content that keeps newer players hooked, and want to spend money.

As an example, let's look at the price of booster packs and the pre constructed decks. Currently, you can buy a booster for roughly $1.50 which is a very fair price. However, you can spend an extra 50 cents to get you a fully functioning deck, usually with a whole bunch of format staples included. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, for the player, however what it does mean is a new player, you can enter the game, choose your free deck, and for about 5 bucks and a bit of research, you can legitimately make a deck that performs well enough to not have to spend anything else, never mind the fact that players will then flip the cards they don't want for gold to buy more cards, which is bad for wulven as a business. If they had a bigger reach and were consistently pulling in a large amount of new players, this wouldn't be an issue, but this is not the case (at least to my understanding) and is probably having a dramatic impact on the capabilities of wulven as a developer.

Before I go any further, I am by no means saying that the game should be 'pay to win'

Ultimately what wulven want to achieve is a large amount of players opening packs regularly, and also other content that gets people spending.

A start to this would be to overhaul pack prices and precon deck prices. Packs for the older sets could sit somewhere around $2 and newer sets could be priced at $3 a pack. For that to make sense and to be alluring to players, the precon decks should rise substantially in price, closer to $10 for the standard decks, and around $12-15 for the premium decks. That would provide a good starting block, from there things like class specific packs could be introduced, which again is something that would be alluring (increased odds of getting a chase card for the class you are working with) and would get players opening packs on a more regular basis.

With this, I think a slight increase in gold price for singles (particularly rares) would be necessary, in order to avoid players getting too much extra value out of flipping pre con decks. Ideally the merchant would be replaced with a player based market, but I'm not going to open that can of worms.

In essence, small changes to the way wulven does business from a monetary perspective, will make things more lucrative and allow the company to grow to a capacity where they can deliver consistently, and to a high standard, and will impact the game more positively than changing up a bunch of cards for no other apparent reason.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Ross014 - Intrepid Learner of Secrets
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I disagree with the fact that only 20% of cards are used only the basic casually players might do that but pros use a variety of cards, I hate making meta decks I don't like copying so I use the 80% of cards that players don't use
    Also for the record hearthstone is going downhill with all the haters who say the game stinks just the fact that they can't win also duel links is not all like it's hype up to be either I heard bad reports on the game

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would like them to do something, anything really...
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Isnt this just a copy of the other thread you made?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wouldn't the time be better spent making new cards? And where are you getting this 20% number from? Do you want me to actually check the card usage stats?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Wouldn't the time be better spent making new cards? And where are you getting this 20% number from? Do you want me to actually check the card usage stats?
    Id respectfully be interested in this more accurate number.
    Its a number that was determined awhile back.
    Ofc we want new cards but we are so much in the dark due to lack of communication. It makes us the older players impatient. We feel ignored and feel nothings being done.
    I sincerely am happy you replied. It shows you do read and care
    Greatness , Reborn

LDL CHAMPION 23 APR 13

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?19877-Guild-Warriors-of-the-Blue-Phoenix-Greatness-Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    It became obvious lack of development is due to finances and not time. There was actually plenty of time to make new cards since last batch was released...1 year ago! And taught by prolonged period of having no art for SF cards it can be concluded that main issue is paying for art. Sweet thing about old rarely used cards is that they already have art! So that issue is resolved from the start.

I am not really for completely changing what a card does but slight buffs and nerfs would improve the game experience greatly.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    It became obvious lack of development is due to finances and not time. There was actually plenty of time to make new cards since last batch was released...1 year ago! And taught by prolonged period of having no art for SF cards it can be concluded that main issue is paying for art. Sweet thing about old rarely used cards is that they already have art! So that issue is resolved from the start.

I am not really for completely changing what a card does but slight buffs and nerfs would improve the game experience greatly.
    Good points you have. I agree on this.
    Development is slow. And the realism is Set production takes longer then it should considering this is a source of income,thus making it a job. Whereas we the customer needs results in a timely manner. Which hasnt been met which is why we do propose this suggestion.
    Greatness , Reborn

LDL CHAMPION 23 APR 13