Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm not sure I follow? You'd just choose to keep whichever weapon You want to keep (in this case the JD) and then sabre goes away?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Ross014 - Intrepid Learner of Secrets
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross013 View Post
    I'm not sure I follow? You'd just choose to keep whichever weapon You want to keep (in this case the JD) and then sabre goes away?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    As of now, you get to keep JD and use Sabre ability.

So it turns out this came up about three years ago and I already agreed that we should change the ruling but never got round to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    I responded on the other thread just now, supporting the ruling, but I suppose there could be a better ruling that states:

Any time a player would otherwise have two weapons in their Support Area, one must be destroyed (selected from all destructible weapons in Standard Resolution Order).

This would still allow you to play Spectral Sabre, regardless of which weapon you have out. If you play a new weapon with Sledgehammer out, the new weapon goes to the graveyard. The pre-SF ruling where new replaces old would also still work.

We should have a similar ruling for armor, since Lythite Coating can create the same kind of situation.

Any time a player would otherwise have two armors in their Support Area, one must be destroyed (selected from all destructible armors in Standard Resolution Order).
    I don't actually love that ruling that the old me came up with though. You could play a second weapon with Sledgehammer out and it would get immediately destroyed and there would be some oh-so-brief period of having two out.

I think I just prefer what I mentioned earlier ... that if a new one is going to enter your Support Row that it will destroy the current one (or just fail to let you try to put it there if the current one is indestructible).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    As of now, you get to keep JD and use Sabre ability.

So it turns out this came up about three years ago and I already agreed that we should change the ruling but never got round to it.

I don't actually love that ruling that the old me came up with though. You could play a second weapon with Sledgehammer out and it would get immediately destroyed and there would be some oh-so-brief period of having two out.

I think I just prefer what I mentioned earlier ... that if a new one is going to enter your Support Row that it will destroy the current one (or just fail to let you try to put it there if the current one is indestructible).
    The advantage to the ruling old you wanted is it allows for thing like Wraps that have a summon effect and it is not terribly bad if they die immediately afterwards. Granted the only case other than Sabre I able was able think of at the moment only matters in meltdown (unless you really need to take a damage from Rusty long sword) but that doesn't mean future weapons and armors won't have good on summon effects and then stay in play.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I feel like you should be able to use Spectral Sabre even if you have Sledgehammer. Summoning and Controlling are two different terms in Shadow Era. You don't control something until you have it on board. The ruling is you can't control more than one weapon at a time right? Makes sense that you should be able to use Spectral Sabre then without losing your current weapon unless you use it as a weapon.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by starval View Post
    I feel like you should be able to use Spectral Sabre even if you have Sledgehammer. Summoning and Controlling are two different terms in Shadow Era. You don't control something until you have it on board. The ruling is you can't control more than one weapon at a time right? Makes sense that you should be able to use Spectral Sabre then without losing your current weapon unless you use it as a weapon.
    I feel like you didn't read my earlier post.

All cards have a controller which starts out as the person that summons them. Fireball has a controller.