Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by trevorJacobs View Post
    Any thoughts on this Devs?

I have been playing meltdown a lot lately ... and i think more people are using the "cancel" exploit to get really strong decks. This is un-fun. Today i played against the same player a few times, with really strong decks including one that had:
    - Banebow (best MD hero)
    - 2x retreat
    - 2x life infusion
    - Black Garb
    - Night Prowler
    - Defender's Oath
    - Ogloth
    - Set-fire-to-hero ability
    - Loads of strong allies (marshland sentinel etc.)

Feels this is an unlikely combo to come up with

Got to close the "cancel and draw new packs" problem!
    I think we both know that your "lucky" opponent was me. And I don't agree with you this time.

Maybe I should thus open up my own insights on this matter:
    - First of all, I admit that I do use this "cancel" exploit if the cards/heros really look bad (most likely you do too?). But as meltdown is score-based I rarely do it more than one time if at all.
    - Secondly, even I know that that certain deck could have been easily beatable - it was nothing like amber+ ?*teeth+ss. I had almost none draw in the whole game (until the end when I had control already).
    - About your "really strong cards": two retreats - how's that uncommon? almost any small burn/instakill card would have been a better choice to have to maintain board control. Guardians oath, oh well, there are so many better alternatives like AB etc. And Night Prowler, I almost always take it if there will be even a sligh chance to "annoy" my opponent, sorry But it is clearly just only a win-more card anyways. Only strong ally that I had was ogloth, sentinel can not be considered in that category in any way.
    - Banebow is overall strong but for synergy purposes a lot of the other herpoes are way better.

Btw, for that game I know I didn't use this exploit. I suggest that if you think my deck was so op, you should learn how to counter those with other cards.

No hard feelings though

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by trevorJacobs View Post
    Any thoughts on this Devs?

I have been playing meltdown a lot lately ... and i think more people are using the "cancel" exploit to get really strong decks. This is un-fun. Today i played against the same player a few times, with really strong decks including one that had:
    - Banebow (best MD hero)
    - 2x retreat
    - 2x life infusion
    - Black Garb
    - Night Prowler
    - Defender's Oath
    - Ogloth
    - Set-fire-to-hero ability
    - Loads of strong allies (marshland sentinel etc.)

Feels this is an unlikely combo to come up with

Got to close the "cancel and draw new packs" problem!
    This is hardly a really strong deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by aRa View Post
    I think we both know that your "lucky" opponent was me. And I don't agree with you this time.

Maybe I should thus open up my own insights on this matter:
    - First of all, I admit that I do use this "cancel" exploit if the cards/heros really look bad (most likely you do too?). But as meltdown is score-based I rarely do it more than one time if at all.
    Haha - it was indeed you!

You're right that the deck was not totally lucky / unbeatable - that's not really my point though ... the fact that this is do-able is wrong in the first place! Perhaps i felt a bad beat on that game ... but i seem to be encountering more and more "above average" decks. Certainly not having a go at you - just using this example to highlight that it should be changed.

- Secondly, even I know that that certain deck could have been easily beatable - it was nothing like amber+ ?*teeth+ss. I had almost none draw in the whole game (until the end when I had control already).
    - About your "really strong cards": two retreats - how's that uncommon? almost any small burn/instakill card would have been a better choice to have to maintain board control. Guardians oath, oh well, there are so many better alternatives like AB etc. And Night Prowler, I almost always take it if there will be even a sligh chance to "annoy" my opponent, sorry But it is clearly just only a win-more card anyways. Only strong ally that I had was ogloth, sentinel can not be considered in that category in any way.
    - Banebow is overall strong but for synergy purposes a lot of the other herpoes are way better.
    Yeah fine - we could debate various strengths / combos in Meltdown - that's why i love the format. And feel slightly let down that it can be "gamed" by those with lots of time.

No hard feelings though
    Me neither

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just because you don't feel like taking some extra time to to make a good deck, you want the maker to change the game? You are choosing to spend your time as you wish. Might want to reconsider putting In a few minutes to find some good combos to run as well.