Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 24 of 24
  1. #21
    DP Visionary aRa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Finland - Suomi
    Posts
    43
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by trevorJacobs View Post
    Any thoughts on this Devs?

    I have been playing meltdown a lot lately ... and i think more people are using the "cancel" exploit to get really strong decks. This is un-fun. Today i played against the same player a few times, with really strong decks including one that had:
    - Banebow (best MD hero)
    - 2x retreat
    - 2x life infusion
    - Black Garb
    - Night Prowler
    - Defender's Oath
    - Ogloth
    - Set-fire-to-hero ability
    - Loads of strong allies (marshland sentinel etc.)

    Feels this is an unlikely combo to come up with

    Got to close the "cancel and draw new packs" problem!
    I think we both know that your "lucky" opponent was me. And I don't agree with you this time.

    Maybe I should thus open up my own insights on this matter:
    - First of all, I admit that I do use this "cancel" exploit if the cards/heros really look bad (most likely you do too?). But as meltdown is score-based I rarely do it more than one time if at all.
    - Secondly, even I know that that certain deck could have been easily beatable - it was nothing like amber+ ?*teeth+ss. I had almost none draw in the whole game (until the end when I had control already).
    - About your "really strong cards": two retreats - how's that uncommon? almost any small burn/instakill card would have been a better choice to have to maintain board control. Guardians oath, oh well, there are so many better alternatives like AB etc. And Night Prowler, I almost always take it if there will be even a sligh chance to "annoy" my opponent, sorry But it is clearly just only a win-more card anyways. Only strong ally that I had was ogloth, sentinel can not be considered in that category in any way.
    - Banebow is overall strong but for synergy purposes a lot of the other herpoes are way better.

    Btw, for that game I know I didn't use this exploit. I suggest that if you think my deck was so op, you should learn how to counter those with other cards.

    No hard feelings though

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    271
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by trevorJacobs View Post
    Any thoughts on this Devs?

    I have been playing meltdown a lot lately ... and i think more people are using the "cancel" exploit to get really strong decks. This is un-fun. Today i played against the same player a few times, with really strong decks including one that had:
    - Banebow (best MD hero)
    - 2x retreat
    - 2x life infusion
    - Black Garb
    - Night Prowler
    - Defender's Oath
    - Ogloth
    - Set-fire-to-hero ability
    - Loads of strong allies (marshland sentinel etc.)

    Feels this is an unlikely combo to come up with

    Got to close the "cancel and draw new packs" problem!
    This is hardly a really strong deck.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    639
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by aRa View Post
    I think we both know that your "lucky" opponent was me. And I don't agree with you this time.

    Maybe I should thus open up my own insights on this matter:
    - First of all, I admit that I do use this "cancel" exploit if the cards/heros really look bad (most likely you do too?). But as meltdown is score-based I rarely do it more than one time if at all.
    Haha - it was indeed you!

    You're right that the deck was not totally lucky / unbeatable - that's not really my point though ... the fact that this is do-able is wrong in the first place! Perhaps i felt a bad beat on that game ... but i seem to be encountering more and more "above average" decks. Certainly not having a go at you - just using this example to highlight that it should be changed.

    Quote Originally Posted by aRa View Post
    - Secondly, even I know that that certain deck could have been easily beatable - it was nothing like amber+ ?*teeth+ss. I had almost none draw in the whole game (until the end when I had control already).
    - About your "really strong cards": two retreats - how's that uncommon? almost any small burn/instakill card would have been a better choice to have to maintain board control. Guardians oath, oh well, there are so many better alternatives like AB etc. And Night Prowler, I almost always take it if there will be even a sligh chance to "annoy" my opponent, sorry But it is clearly just only a win-more card anyways. Only strong ally that I had was ogloth, sentinel can not be considered in that category in any way.
    - Banebow is overall strong but for synergy purposes a lot of the other herpoes are way better.
    Yeah fine - we could debate various strengths / combos in Meltdown - that's why i love the format. And feel slightly let down that it can be "gamed" by those with lots of time.

    Quote Originally Posted by aRa View Post

    No hard feelings though
    Me neither

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    245
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Just because you don't feel like taking some extra time to to make a good deck, you want the maker to change the game? You are choosing to spend your time as you wish. Might want to reconsider putting In a few minutes to find some good combos to run as well.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •