Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Returning player from 2011. A few questions about the game

I was a brat who played in 2011 before any expansion came out and I have a few questions about the game before I get fully back into it

1. How much of a "power creep" is there with the expansions?

2. Should I buy only booster packs or also decks if my goal is to have 4 x every card in the game? Or is there a better tactic? I have some resourcess from back then (bought a few cards when physical copies just hit the market with a lot of bonuses) and I would like to know if they will be enough, or if I am gonna have to grind and if so, how much. Currently I am sitting at 5k crystals and 10k gold. I also have at least 4 copies of every "call of the crystals" card.

2.1 If it turns out I am way too far from being able to get all the cards I am going to have to go and dig for the 6 year old codes that came with the physical cards. Would those still even work?

Also, does anyone remember the Darkclaw deck (before he got nerfed) where you would just endlessly heal/avoid damage and just slowly kill your opponent by nibbling at him? Does anything similar exist?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    2.1 yes they do at so will add details later
    IGN: Nataku Wolf

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There has been a little power-creep with each set. You will probably need to rejig your old decks to deal with the changes. For example, attachments used to be practically invulnerable, but now there are multiple ways to remove them, including allies' on-summon effects or abilities.

The last I knew, buying Raikka's Shadow Mage class deck and selling surplus cards yielded the most gold.

The booster packs give you a chance to get foil cards, and can be fun to open, but the class decks are likely to yield more gold.

You can definitely use the codes to get crystals.

Welcome back.
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome back.

Be sure to read up on Locations

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....Type-Explained

Also, Buqs Tribe Guides on Shadowera.net are very helpful

http://shadowera.net/?s=tribe+guide
    Last edited by Kross; 01-16-2017 at 11:22 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome back!

With your 5k SC, buy Rakkia decks for 250 SC sell all cards you don't have 4x of. That should net you about 7200 gold per deck. Then rinse and repeat as many times as you need. You'll get a ton of cards w that. Plus your codes should work fine.

I think it was Moonstalker your talking about not Darkclaw, but maybe I'm wrong, there's been a lot of tech cards added, so if you have counters , no deck is a sure bet.
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome back to the game!
    Re your codes, they should work, I don't see any reason why not. If they don't work, you can always email support and they usually respond within 2 days

Re cards. What others said above, Raikka decks are the best value as far as I remember (check this: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....l=1#post541072). But I would advise you something slightly different. Check all the hero decks contents and buy first whatever combination helps you to get the most cards you are lacking. Then with the rest SC buy Raikka decks and sell any excess cards. I think this combination will give you cheaper cards since you always sell yours at half the price.
    Devoted Protector of the Phoenix's Ashes
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Bounty Price series: The mercenary challenge | The toll bridge | The Conq's tea
    Other tournaments: Battle of Ages | The Fighting Buddy | The War Games
    BP Bobbypim's expansion: Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Coming of Dragons
    Useful links: Colosal's guide for TO

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for all the replies. Time to get back into the game