Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    in the Graveyard,Amongst the fallen blades
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Wulven studios staff. I have a suggestion for our game.

First off id like to thank you all for improving your staff and game. Its been nothing but positivity in my eyes. In the past i was very skeptical. But you have proven to the community that you are willing to meet the fans half way.
    Now down to bussiness.

We all know sets take time to make and push and im sure LL2 is being released soon. I suggest to revamp some of the old cards with buffs and nerfs. I wont make examples here becasue im not here to argue about some cards being broken. Or not even wanted for gameplay. That's a topic we should disucss if you actually agree to this.

What would this do? And how would it impact the game?

•itll bring old memories and nostalgia of the old art into the game making all the cards that are unused playable.

•itll keep us the fans happy. Happy=money. Which keeps you in bussienss and keeps us happy. Win/win.

•for some cards in the forseeable future itll balance the game. So we dont have to nerf so much of the new cards but at the same time the cards will still be viable.

•itll give new player opportunity to use all the older cards and fill them with options to join the elite.

I can keep going. But you are smart enough to even think of the other possibilities since it is your job. We all have a passion for the game both devs and players.
    I know for sure this will improve the game and keep up the spark all old players once had. And give interest to newer players. And see some older art on the board. Keeping the game fair and balanced.

Sincerly,

Leviosablade
    Last edited by Leviosablade; 01-16-2017 at 06:34 AM.
    Avenger Of The Fallen Blade,
    Warriors Of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness , Reborn

LDL CHAMPION 23 APR 13
    Season 15 Ranking: 65
    Season 22 Ranking: 88

Blue Phoneix Guild Leader

JOIN THE MOST EPIC GUILD EVER: Warriors of The Blue Phoenix

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?19877-Guild-Warriors-of-the-Blue-Phoenix-Greatness-Reborn

in the Graveyard,Amongst the fallen blades
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    P.S Also to add. Maybe a makeover to some of the cards to do differnt things as well
    Avenger Of The Fallen Blade,
    Warriors Of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness , Reborn

LDL CHAMPION 23 APR 13
    Season 15 Ranking: 65
    Season 22 Ranking: 88

Blue Phoneix Guild Leader

JOIN THE MOST EPIC GUILD EVER: Warriors of The Blue Phoenix

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?19877-Guild-Warriors-of-the-Blue-Phoenix-Greatness-Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Shadowera has lot of very interesting cards with good effects which is not played just because they are overcosted. To remake some old cards is super good idea. There is only one, but big problém. First two sets (CotC, DP) is already printed, and Wulven decided that printed cards are set to stone.
    Solution can be to remake them in some special new set (edition) of cards (after SF maybe) and give them new names... so it will be brake of the rule of not making "strictly better" card, than before. But that rule was already broken (Old Iron Dagger vs Weevil-tipped Crossbow) and this will help the game. And we all know that even with wery small powercreep that ShadowEra has, this rule have to be broken in future.
    IGN: TJ Maskee - Proud member of Team Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I just never understand this. Cards in other games get errata. Why is this any different?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylt View Post
    Could be better than fire snake version.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i agree - there are so many cards in the first couple of sets that have interesting mechanics / great art / useful themed interactions that never see an outing because they are too expensive, or missing a tribe alignment. Wulven should re-think the rule on printed cards never changing, given the failed attempt at expansion from digital to physical, and embrace the up-sides of a digital-only game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I really dont know who cares about physical cards anymore after that repeated printing/shipping fiasco. Its not worth dragging the digital aspects of the game down. Such missed opportunity for illogical reasons.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    deathbone - do 4 damage on death

keldore - make 2/5

bad wolf - 2/5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Check out my decks and others at Shadowera.net. Shadowera's #1 Super Fan Site!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Katrin - reduce cost of summon and ability
    Chimera - reduce cost
    Cobra Demon - reduce cost
    Campfire Stories - reduce cost / make it "all allies gain 1 health"
    Honored Dead - reduce cost (can't believe this costs 4!)
    Drain power, urgent business, selfishness - all could come back into use!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It would be a good idea to remake some of the old cards and break the no-errata rule. This rule was made because of the physical cards, but the digital version of the game is for me the dearest, and it should not have it's quality compromissed because of the physical cards.

There are some things that should be adjusted in the first sets, as was mentioned by NachyoChez in the past, he thinks there were mistakes in the first sets with regards to lore: giving proper names to allies that are not unique, and not relating the cards to the overall history of the game. Not only that, but I also note some incongruencies, like Molten Destroyer's attack not giving fire damege, where his art strongly suggest he does so. Also, if I remenber correct, Gondorian said it was a mistake to have made allies with no abilities like Puwen, Blake, Fire Snake and Brutalis.

Breaking the no errata policy will also make the design of the game more flexible. What if in the future the Design Team is unable to introduce a new mechanics into the game because this mechanics combined with some other previous cards make up for an OP combination? It is impossible to predict what the game will be like ten expansions ahead, what if at that time a card from the very first set is impossibilitating the introduction of a new mechanics into the game?
    Last edited by cas; 01-19-2017 at 12:21 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    I really dont know who cares about physical cards anymore after that repeated printing/shipping fiasco. Its not worth dragging the digital aspects of the game down. Such missed opportunity for illogical reasons.
    6 - 12 months ago, I would've disagreed with you. But now that it has been officially announced that the physical game is being put on hold, it doesn't make much sense to me for Wulven to still follow the "no errata" rule. I admit, it would have been awesome if Shadow Era would've been able to pump out set after set without having to ban or change a single card. Unfortunately, things didn't go as planned.. so it makes more sense to move on and improve, rather than hold on and hinder.

The top priority should be getting new players in and keeping people from leaving, imo. If that can be done without changing a single card in the old sets, then great. But it seems silly to say updating cards that have been printed is out of the question, at this point.