Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Ythan Redthorn. Is it "youtube" worthy?

Here is an updated Ythan Deck I make youtube videos on. However, the question is: Do people "want" to see this deck? Here it is:

|HERO|
    Ythan Redthorn x1

|ALLIES|
    Aldon the Brave x4
    Zailen Crusader x4
    Knight of Unaxio x2
    Fortified Wisp x2
    Erika Shadowhunter x2
    Braxnorian Soldier x2
    Aeon Stormcaller x2
    Viska, The Scarlet Blade x2

|ABILITES|
    Retreat! x2
    Reinforced Armor x4
    Extra Sharp x2
    The Perfect Shot x2
    A Legend Rises x4
    Net Trap x2

My strategy has always been to try to get Zailen Crusader or Aldon the Brave out as fast as I can. I almost always get Reinforced Armor, A Legend Rises, or Extra Sharp in my hand. On Turn 3 or 4, I put out Zailen Crusader or Aldon the Brave , depending on whether I want to the +1 attack buff on Aldon the Brave. My "groove" is: I cast Zailen Crusader or Aldon the Brave in, buff with Extra Sharp or A Legend Rises, Use Ythan Redthorn's ability, dealing 8 damage with Zailen Crusader and Aldon the Brave, but sometimes with Aldon the Brave's buff, I can deal 10 damage.

Around Turn 6 or 7, I put in Erika Shadowhunter to make the enemy attack/kill my low-on-health allies, allowing me to fall back on Erika Shadowhunter. Then again, I would buff with Extra Sharp or A Legend Rises and put in Reinforced Armor when needed. As you can see, my deck runs on Extra Sharp, A Legend Rises, Ythan Redthorn's ability, and sometimes Reinforced Armor.

I want a lot of people's opinion. This deck has gotten me to a rating of 210 once, but there have been some terrible, and I mean terrible draws. You can see a few of them on my youtube channel here:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx9...85mpyiJP5BTaAQ
    Last edited by ArchitShadowEra; 01-22-2017 at 06:14 AM. Reason: Accidentally pressed "Submit Thread".
    Bloodshed Warriors
    BSW Archit
    I sense a horde of Rampant Krygons coming your way
    I want to smack my opponents on the head with a frying pan

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How can we see it if that deck isnt even legal against the AI? I take it you're missing cards..?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I accidentally pressed "Submit Thread" instead of viewing it. I thought no would see it because the servers wouldn't update that fast. Sorry XD, there it is now!
    Bloodshed Warriors
    BSW Archit

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Very nice concept. I like Zailen + Reinforced Armor combo... Maybe more T2 traps to protect your early allys when going second.
    IGN: TJ Maskee - Proud member of Team Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Okay I'll be that guy. It's not that we don't want to see your videos. It's that your card evaluations are kinda bad. Extra sharp for example is terrible. Use heirloom instead. Reinforce Armor is another bad card.
    Then the next issue is play skill. Now I'm no world champion myself, but I watched the first 3, 4, or 5 videos you posted. The plays themselves are very questionable with the almost obvious outcome. Play the game some more and watch the pros play to get play sequence down. Then I'm sure more people will watch the videos. Especially if you stick to Ythan. Since he's one of the trickier or lower tier Heros. People would love to see how to correctly operate him.
    I hope this honest criticism helps you. Better to say it this way than to lead you on. I can tell you love the game and have a good heart. Good luck.
    Last edited by Megatog201; 01-18-2017 at 05:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylt View Post
    Could be better than fire snake version.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatog201 View Post
    Okay I'll be that guy. It's not that we don't want to see your videos. It's that your card evaluations are kinda bad. Extra sharp for example is terrible. Use heirloom instead. Reinforce Armor is another bad card.
    Then the next issue is play skill. Now I'm no world champion myself, but I watched the first 3, 4, or 5 videos you posted. The plays themselves are very questionable with the almost obvious outcome. Play the game some more and watch the pros play to get play sequence down. Then I'm sure more people will watch the videos. Especially if you stick to Ythan. Since he's one of the trickier or lower tier Heros. People would love to see how to correctly operate him.
    I hope this honest criticism helps you. Better to say it this way than to lead you on. I can tell you love the game and have a good heart. Good luck.
    Thanks mate! I was wondering if you know any players who use a deck similar to mine so I can spectate their matches and how the deck works. Also, I just started playing more strategically around 2016, I'm still learning the game instead of throwing everything on the board when it can be casted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bloodshed Warriors
    BSW Archit

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchitShadowEra View Post
    Thanks mate! I was wondering if you know any players who use a deck similar to mine so I can spectate their matches and how the deck works. Also, I just started playing more strategically around 2016, I'm still learning the game instead of throwing everything on the board when it can be casted.

I would reconsider your resource curve. Your hand can easily contain a bunch of attachments + high cost allies, and you wouldn't be able to play any of them. You also can't play any allies until turn 3, which, in my opinion, is too late for Ythan. I would add 7-8 2cc allies. Your deck is also rather heavy on attachments. If you don't pull Zailen, you pay full cost for those attachments. If you change all of that, your win rate should already improve a lot.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPsy View Post
    I would reconsider your resource curve. Your hand can easily contain a bunch of attachments + high cost allies, and you wouldn't be able to play any of them. You also can't play any allies until turn 3, which, in my opinion, is too late for Ythan. I would add 7-8 2cc allies. Your deck is also rather heavy on attachments. If you don't pull Zailen, you pay full cost for those attachments. If you change all of that, your win rate should already improve a lot.
    Thanks!

Bloodshed Warriors
    BSW Archit

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchitShadowEra View Post
    Here is an updated Ythan Deck I make youtube videos on. However, the question is: Do people "want" to see this deck? Here it is:

|HERO|
    Ythan Redthorn x1

|ALLIES|
    Aldon the Brave x4
    Zailen Crusader x4
    Knight of Unaxio x2
    Fortified Wisp x2
    Erika Shadowhunter x2
    Braxnorian Soldier x2
    Aeon Stormcaller x2
    Viska, The Scarlet Blade x2

|ABILITES|
    Retreat! x2
    Reinforced Armor x4
    Extra Sharp x2
    The Perfect Shot x2
    A Legend Rises x4
    Net Trap x2

My strategy has always been to try to get Zailen Crusader or Aldon the Brave out as fast as I can. I almost always get Reinforced Armor, A Legend Rises, or Extra Sharp in my hand. On Turn 3 or 4, I put out Zailen Crusader or Aldon the Brave , depending on whether I want to the +1 attack buff on Aldon the Brave. My "groove" is: I cast Zailen Crusader or Aldon the Brave in, buff with Extra Sharp or A Legend Rises, Use Ythan Redthorn's ability, dealing 8 damage with Zailen Crusader and Aldon the Brave, but sometimes with Aldon the Brave's buff, I can deal 10 damage.

Around Turn 6 or 7, I put in Erika Shadowhunter to make the enemy attack/kill my low-on-health allies, allowing me to fall back on Erika Shadowhunter. Then again, I would buff with Extra Sharp or A Legend Rises and put in Reinforced Armor when needed. As you can see, my deck runs on Extra Sharp, A Legend Rises, Ythan Redthorn's ability, and sometimes Reinforced Armor.

I want a lot of people's opinion. This deck has gotten me to a rating of 210 once, but there have been some terrible, and I mean terrible draws. You can see a few of them on my youtube channel here:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx9...85mpyiJP5BTaAQ
    there is a much better version if you're interested download telegram app and message me @dktrinolcour

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Dktrinolcour View Post
    there is a much better version if you're interested download telegram app and message me @dktrinolcour
    Vigilante wisp x4
    Twilight opportunist x2
    Entangled wisp x4
    Sorcerer of India x2
    Fortified wisp x3
    Braxnorian soldier x2
    Thunderstrike construct x3
    General of unaxio x2
    Viska, the scarlet blade x2
    Nathanias, people's champion x2
    Abilities
    Bad Santa x2
    Sinkhole x3
    Hunters gambit x4
    A legend rises x1
    You should easily make it to 300 with that deck it has reached a peak of 360+. Don't sac anything if its not necessary once you get the location your fatties will cost less and be stingy with bad Santa its a last resort for draw the idea is to make sure your allies stay on the board. Viska is your only way to reclaim the board never sacrifice her or gambit. Ill play a few games with it if you want to search my name Dk trinolcour.