Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

What happens if health is reduced to 0 after ability is activated?

Sorry for the new post - i wanted to follow up on the previous question:

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....ack-is-started

Summary: Sindarok still attacks (and has ability triggered) even if attack is 0 due to Consuming Fear, due to 1) SRO and 2) Sindarok ability actually triggers on entering into attack (not starting the attack)

[this is another "interesting" case where the wording / intuition don't align to what actually happens - "when that ally attacks" meaning something else]

Next question:

Let's say Ascetic of Aldmor / Twilight Herald has Consuming Fear attached. She triggers the ability ... does the same thing apply, and the ability resolved (as it's on the ally) and then the attachment resolves and kills the ally?

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Since Kyle is looking into these now, I'll leave the main question for him, but I would like to respond to your parenthetical comment:

Quote Originally Posted by trevorJacobs View Post
    [this is another "interesting" case where the wording / intuition don't align to what actually happens - "when that ally attacks" meaning something else]
    However long an attack lasts, it is still an attack, so as soon as you have started an attack, you have attacked. The wording fits with what happens.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Twilight Herald with Consuming Fear: You can start an attack (>0 atk), the "enter combat" will trigger first, so Consuming Fear will kill TH. TH is dead before it can proceed with the attack, so no damage will be done to the target ally. I have done this before by mistake