Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Very cool to see some alternate art coming down the pipeline! I'm looking forward to getting alt versions of Infernal Gargoyle and Bad Santa.

I'd also be especially interested in seeing how stats and analytics might help drive some of the business decisions. (I'm totally making up the numbers/percentages in my following examples) For example, Soul Seeker is present in 76% of all Hunter decks, which would make an alt version of this card highly sought after. Conversely, Dirk Saber appears in 11% of all Human decks and might only appeal to Collector's, etc.

I understand that lore, strong character flavor, or inside jokes (Fire Snake) also increase desirability of these alts, not necessarily just tournament viability, but imagine how many people would want a new art Krygon! I see that ally in almost every Shadow deck I play against...
    IGN: TJ Bayfight3r
    Telegram: @Bayfighter

Guild Member of Team Juggernauts

Honorary Guild Member: Enlisted to Endure <E2E> - A Christian gaming community

""Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father."
    Colossians 3:17

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayfighter View Post
    Very cool to see some alternate art coming down the pipeline! I'm looking forward to getting alt versions of Infernal Gargoyle and Bad Santa.

I'd also be especially interested in seeing how stats and analytics might help drive some of the business decisions. (I'm totally making up the numbers/percentages in my following examples) For example, Soul Seeker is present in 76% of all Hunter decks, which would make an alt version of this card highly sought after. Conversely, Dirk Saber appears in 11% of all Human decks and might only appeal to Collector's, etc.

I understand that lore, strong character flavor, or inside jokes (Fire Snake) also increase desirability of these alts, not necessarily just tournament viability, but imagine how many people would want a new art Krygon! I see that ally in almost every Shadow deck I play against...
    These 20 alt arts were voted upon by kickstarter backers over a few years ago. Only CotC and DP cards were available to be chosen at that time

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi Kyle,

May I suggest doing something similar to this, only with flavor text? I find it very odd/sad that even some heroes don't have any flavor! While this is only a small change, it's also very easy to implement and create (unless I'm missing something). If you don't want to devote resources to it, fine, I disagree, but fine. But as long as you're getting the community involved, this seems like a perfect task for us!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    hello!
    well, when we'll see the artcontest result? =D *excited*

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi I made the alternate sandworm art.
    any news on this contest? I haven't heard anything back besides the facebook post with all the entries

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The same here, what the news about this artcontest

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, and my questions on that thread were never answered either (such as if players would get to vote on cards with multiple entries, and also cards for which there were no entries). Just seems that they forgot about this contest.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator