Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lightbulb Forum and game account linking!

After all the headaches and confusion having the game account and forum accounts totally separate, I'm pleased to announce that we are finally moving forward with plans to connect the two.

Imagine, being able to log into the forums easily, using your Shadow Era login email and password.
    Your name here will be instantly recognizable to your game account, and perhaps will even show some of your stats to others as they browse the forums.
    Content flowing the other way will also be possible, allowing people to preview some of the threads going on over on the forums right from within the game, encouraging more people to visit the forums and engage with the community.

To help with this process, if you would like your game account linked to your forum account, please ensure that your forum name matches your player name in the game. If it does not, please email support@shadowera.com requesting a change of your forum name.
    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Sakura `*✲

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If forum names and game names do not match, will one take priority and become both automatically? If so which one?

oh yeah also sound like a really great feature to implement!
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Check out my decks and others at Shadowera.net. Shadowera's #1 Super Fan Site!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Buqs View Post
    If forum names and game names do not match, will one take priority and become both automatically? If so which one?

oh yeah also sound like a really great feature to implement!
    You have to cha ge your forum name by yourself to make them match by emailing support.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    but what happens if you don't? will my app explode?

note i've submitted request prior to asking questions just curious what will happen since there will be some folks who do not do this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    what about Guild tags? My IGN is same as forum name, but with TJ tag. Some players changes guilds...
    IGN: TJ Maskee - Proud member of Team Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It seems like a great feature!
    I just want to ask if there is a way to "protect" your account if you have used a different email address for the forum and in game. How would you be able to cross check that he/she is indeed that guy and doesn't impersonate someone else?
    If you only allow to have the same email address, then is it possible instead of all of us sending emails to change usernames here to do that automatically?
    Devoted Protector of the Phoenix's Ashes
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Bounty Price series: The mercenary challenge | The toll bridge | The Conq's tea
    Other tournaments: Battle of Ages | The Fighting Buddy | The War Games
    BP Bobbypim's expansion: Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Coming of Dragons
    Useful links: Colosal's guide for TO

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok, I can answer some of the technical questions here.

Either your email or forum name should match your game login email or player name, respectively.

If they do match, your forum name, email and password will be synced with the game credentials and from then on will always match the game account. Eg when you change your guild and pay to change your player name, your forum name will also be updated.

If they do not match, your forum account will not be able to be accessed anymore. When you try to log in to the website with your game credentials, you will then be creating a new forum account.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Ok, I can answer some of the technical questions here.

Either your email or forum name should match your game login email or player name, respectively.

If they do match, your forum name, email and password will be synced with the game credentials and from then on will always match the game account. Eg when you change your guild and pay to change your player name, your forum name will also be updated.

If they do not match, your forum account will not be able to be accessed anymore. When you try to log in to the website with your game credentials, you will then be creating a new forum account.
    excellent response. Thank you!
    EveryThing Changes

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Wait. So, since my IGN and email are not the same as what is being used here, I wont be able to access the forum unless I change one of them?
    Last edited by Kross; 01-12-2017 at 07:00 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kross View Post
    Wait. So, since my IGN and email are not the same as what is being used here, I wont be able to access the forum unless I change one of them?
    Yes, that's pretty much exactly what I said