Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

More Vozitian Trader Buff Lobbying

Super Bump. I still stand by this and I will continue lobbying for it until Gondo tells me to shut up about it, or until SF is finalized!

Quote Originally Posted by Kross View Post
    Bump because I really think that this should be revisited. Please hear me out on this, and think about the possibilities.

I've been using this card a lot lately and I've had a chance to see the potential in this card.

Due to the recent change/buff to hit list, there is a serious potential for a whole new high tiered Rogue deck that would be insanely fun to play. ( Mark my words! )

changing it to a 2/5 would be great, but after somewhat extensive play testing, I honestly think what this really needs is a slight re-work.

The real problem that currently exists with this card is that you're somewhat forced to choose between Wily Smuggler and Vozitian Trader to play on turn 3. The Trader should be changed so that you can either benefit from an item being played before it hits the board and after, so that Smuggler is the clear choice to be played on Turn 3.

Smuggler is GREAT right now with Hit List being in existence the way it is. This should definitely not be changed. But Vozitian Trader could EASILY sky rocket this deck into the stratosphere if its re-worked.

Maybe something like:

4cc
    3/5
    When this card is summoned, return the top item of cost two or less from your graveyard to your hand. When you summon an item, Vozitian Trader gains +1 base attack

Just the right amount of strength for a 4cc class specific ally, and its clearly meant for Hit List, but could also be used for other things. This also gives it an on-summon effect, which Rogue allies are past due for after the introduction of Vozitian Orders. (Vozitian Trader and Vozitian Orders... come on now! They clearly should go together in some way) Also, an argument could be made that Rogues are past due for a viable 4cc and/or 5cc ally. If you think its too strong, perhaps restricting it to artifacts would even it out (or putting a cap on its buffs, but I don't think that'd be right considering other 4ccs). Here's the list of cards that this would currently affect:

Bazaar
    Hit List
    Twilight Eidolon
    Scriptures of the Righteous
    Crystal Shards
    Startleshell Vest
    Platinum Chainmail
    Ritualist's Headdress
    Splicer's Crown
    Boooomerang
    The Last Harvest
    Loom of Fate
    Frying Pan

That's just one idea though. The main thing is that Vozitian Trader needs to be able to be played after Wily Smuggler, or before, and still benefit from playing both cards no matter which order you play them in. What do you guys think?

Edit: Another thing to note is that this works best for Garth, as you'd need to get a kill before the Trader is played in order to get the maximum benefit. But if you really think this card is too strong, a good change to it would be:

4cc
    3/5
    When this card is summoned, if an item was played this turn, Vozitian Trader gains +1 base attack. When you summon an item, Vozitian Trader gains +1 base attack.

... or something like that. This would meet all of the important criteria for this card's usefulness, but would also allow it be used successfully in Lance builds as well.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Not sure about your suggestion exactly but I'm all for buffing rogues. Trader is very rarely used.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Why are we trying to buff rogues? Especially Garth?
    Shadow of the Night
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Seeker of potential, hidden from the light
    Teacher from the darkness, the Shadow of The Night
    To you I bring my knowledge, hidden from plain sight
    And write it in my blog, bringing new things to the fight

IGN: BP Umbra Nox

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra7 View Post
    Why are we trying to buff rogues? Especially Garth?
    I don't think something like this would result in the Rogue class/heroes being buffed (as in, now Rogue heroes are stronger than they were before), just the Rogue allies so that different types of decks can be played competitively.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    garth does not need more buff. but the rogue ally group does. trader would be best to become something that benefits only the rogue group. maybe something like if all your allies are rogue allies than items costs you one less resource to play. and of course trader would have to be unique.