Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

What Rares and Epics to pick up first?

Hey everyone, for the digital game, I have play sets of all common and uncommon cards. I'm saving collecting the legendary cards for last. I currently have at least one copy of every rare and epic card and about 13k gold remaining. What rare and epic cards should I be considering picking up play sets of first?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi, and welcome!

For starters, it looks like you posted this in the wrong section--this section is intended for topics encompassing the physical game, not the digital one.

A mod should be able to move it!

In regards to your question: "What rare and epic cards should I be considering picking up play sets of first?"

It all depends on what your goal is. If you just want to collect all of the cards, then it doesn't really matter which ones you get first. One could argue that you should get the rares and epics that are more popular than others, because those could end up being out of stock in the market quicker than the other cards, but the problem with that is:

1. There is no sure fire way of determining which cards are more popular. I believe the merchant adjusts the prices depending on popularity, though. So higher cost = higher popularity ~ out of stock more frequently.
    2. When cards go out of stock, they come back in stock eventually. Not sure what the frequency on that is, though. Also, the merchant could gain more copies of a card without automatically replenishing its inventory if a player(s) sells the card. (Note: People are usually willing to do this for you when asked. I suggest joining the Shadow Era Telegram chat. See the "New Players" section for more details.)

Furthermore, if your goal is to collect the rares and epics that you need for specific types of decks, then I would first figure out what cards you will need for the decks you want to play, and start by buying the ones most important (i.e. the ones that directly contribute to your strategy or win condition, the ones that appear most in the deck lists you want to create, etc)

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable on how the merchant works will correct/add to what I've said if need be, but either way, I hope this helps.