Close

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Shuriken Nerf

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BP Cerddorion View Post
    It's called advantage, design, or just plain luck. Sometimes you can go a whole game with out seeing a copy of any card that you may need. I get the point of this thread. This is a versatile card. No need to nerf it just because it can turn the tables in a close late game. Have we forgotten the two poster children for totally unbalanced cards, i.e., Embers and Sosilo? Shuriken isn't anywhere near that bad. If Shuriken was so good, then a Vic deck or a Garth deck would live in the #1 spot on the ladder every month.
    The World Championship isn't top tier enough? To say Vic isn't atop tier hero is ridiculous. Garth has been until this season. But the main problem is in Vic.
    Last edited by TJ dubdub; 01-08-2017 at 07:27 PM.
    IGN: TJ dubdub
    TG: @tjdubdub

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I still do not see the issue here. Tidal Wave is WAY more efficient. What's more, the way you get around Tidal Wave is the same way you get around Spirit Shuriken. Only play 2 allies...
    Currently 53-20 in organized play for 2018

Black Templars - No Remorse, No Fear, No Pity

Cerddorion
    Quote Originally Posted by Brady View Post
    The World Championship isn't top tier enough? To say Vic isn't atop tier hero is ridiculous. Garth has been until this season. But the main problem is in Vic.
    hmmm....i know my eyesight is bad, but i could have sworn i never wrote vic isn't top tier......

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BP Cerddorion View Post
    hmmm....i know my eyesight is bad, but i could have sworn i never wrote vic isn't top tier......
    would you say best hero? because I would

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BT InzektrHornet View Post
    I still do not see the issue here. Tidal Wave is WAY more efficient. What's more, the way you get around Tidal Wave is the same way you get around Spirit Shuriken. Only play 2 allies...
    TW is 2 sided, gets rid of your allies too. If you only play 2 allies then it is easy to be swarmed by vic with anmor. you need threats to deal with his. Also, just playing 2 allies puts you in the same position as him killing 1 off. either way he is gonna have you at 2 and probably 1 ally if he uses his ability, while still having his own threats on the board. Not every class needs a board wipe either

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I know an even better way to play around Shuriken but I don't know if I want to say it out loud since no one knows about it apparently...

And to answer to this topic since I am afraid we will see many nerfs again with no reason. No I don't think it needs a nerf (the previous one was more than enough). Just to point out how wrong the comparison with Marksman is: you say that Shuriken kills an ally and also deals 1 damage. Markman kills one ally and gives a 4/2 body! So it can deal up to 4 damage and in unlimited number of turns if he is not killed. And Shuriken costs 1 SE and 1 dura at the same time. I can't see how it's better than Marksman.

I want to see some games where the OP Shuriken turned the tide around. And I can't think of any deck playing more than 2 copies of it. If it was that OP why does not anyone play 4x in Rogues and Hunters?

Vic is a good hero but not T1 imo. at least not in tech tournaments since it's a hero that can be teched quite consistently. Also, Burnout winning the WC with Victor has nothing to do with Shuriken. If one card was OP that is Anmor's Call LoL! Vic and Garth are good because of their abilities and the good draw they get from them combined with Gambit and IGG respectively. They both can lose massively without them even if they have 4 Shurikens at hand
    Last edited by BP Holy Punisher; 01-08-2017 at 08:31 PM.
    Devoted Protector of the Phoenix's Ashes
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Bounty Price series: The mercenary challenge | The toll bridge | The Conq's tea
    Other tournaments: Battle of Ages | The Fighting Buddy | The War Games
    BP Bobbypim's expansion: Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Coming of Dragons
    Useful links: Colosal's guide for TO

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Brady View Post
    TW is 2 sided, gets rid of your allies too. If you only play 2 allies then it is easy to be swarmed by vic with anmor. you need threats to deal with his. Also, just playing 2 allies puts you in the same position as him killing 1 off. either way he is gonna have you at 2 and probably 1 ally if he uses his ability, while still having his own threats on the board. Not every class needs a board wipe either
    I think the issue here is anmor call as you have pointed out in your comments justifying why shuriken is OP in Vic deck not shuriken.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Punisher View Post
    I know an even better way to play around Shuriken but I don't know if I want to say it out loud since no one knows about it apparently...

And to answer to this topic since I am afraid we will see many nerfs again with no reason. No I don't think it needs a nerf (the previous one was more than enough). Just to point out how wrong the comparison with Marksman is: you say that Shuriken kills an ally and also deals 1 damage. Markman kills one ally and gives a 4/2 body! So it can deal up to 4 damage and in unlimited number of turns if he is not killed. And Shuriken costs 1 SE and 1 dura at the same time. I can't see how it's better than Marksman.

because marksman procs once and that's it...and dealing 2 damage on any given turn is about 100 times easier than removing 3 durability or removing a weapon on any given turn. I honestly feel like Im being very condescending even replying to this...it seems petty simple to me

I want to see some games where the OP Shuriken turned the tide around. And I can't think of any deck playing more than 2 copies of it. If it was that OP why does not anyone play 4x in Rogues and Hunters?

game 5 of wc finals. I had 4 allies on board, they were all cleared from an empty board by vic.

Vic is a good hero but not T1 imo. at least not in tech tournaments since it's a hero that can be teched quite consistently. Also, Burnout winning the WC with Victor has nothing to do with Shuriken. If one card was OP that is Anmor's Call LoL! Vic and Garth are good because of their abilities and the good draw they get from them combined with Gambit and IGG respectively. They both can lose massively without them even if they have 4 Shurikens at hand
    Right, they are good without them. Why give the best control hero's in the game access to easier cheaper contol?

I keep reading it's necessary vs agro, I'd argue it's far too effective. It's a great tool early game. It's a great tool midgame. It's a great tool late game. It's great in mirror matches. It's great vs agro. It's great vs midrange. It's great vs control. I don't care what it costs, I don't care that it uses se to activate. It's far too good against everything in every circumstance
    Proud Member of Team Juggernauts

Top 8 finish in WC 2017
    2nd place finish in WC 2016
    10th place finish in WC 2015
    Top 32 finish in WC 2014

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipw123 View Post
    I think the issue here is anmor call as you have pointed out in your comments justifying why shuriken is OP in Vic deck not shuriken.
    i personally don't mind a little ramping. other games do it and i think it is ok.
    If we kill anmor, we will kill vic, and I don't want that to happen either
    Last edited by TJ dubdub; 01-09-2017 at 12:31 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My biggest problem with it is that i view it as a board wipe. Every other wipe in the game has some negative effect on the controllers board. They have to work to get around those effects to get the most value for the card. With this, there is no backfire. I think the 2 se would both slow the tempo of the deck, and reduce the likeliness of back to back turns of clearing your whole board.

As i said in the initial post, i don't want to kill the card, just make it more appropriately priced. The effect will not be changed in any way and it will still slow down aggro. It just won't be as strong in the mid to late games when Vic needs his ability to draw.
    Last edited by TJ dubdub; 01-09-2017 at 12:29 AM.