Close

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Shuriken Nerf

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylt View Post
    Yeah. I like that there's no 3 or more, but this one is better than current one.

I like suggestion of 2se so far. Or simply making it to 2 durability could work. Shuriken is sort of throwing knife like weapon in real life. It doesn't feel right for me to have high durability.
    I think dropping it to 2 Durability sounds like a good idea. Keeping everything else the same. It is still a strong removal for 4CC and 1SE. Basically it is Transmogrification Curse for Rogues and Hunters but with the ability to still smack something else for 1 damage. Still combo well with Vic or Garth.

EDIT: thinking about this, if you drop the durability, think the restriction would have to be altered. Just my gut feeling. Maybe 2 or more allies? Not sure but just feels like it would need to be reworked. That's just my gut though. Who listens to their gut?...
    Last edited by SEF Mango; 01-30-2017 at 07:22 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by InsanoMango View Post
    I think dropping it to 2 Durability sounds like a good idea. Keeping everything else the same. It is still a strong removal for 4CC and 1SE. Basically it is Transmogrification Curse for Rogues and Hunters but with the ability to still smack something else for 1 damage. Still combo well with Vic or Garth.

EDIT: thinking about this, if you drop the durability, think the restriction would have to be altered. Just my gut feeling. Maybe 2 or more allies? Not sure but just feels like it would need to be reworked. That's just my gut though. Who listens to their gut?...
    I think 2 durability is an ok change. But the wording has to stay the same. 2 or more would be a buff for sure.
    IGN: TJ dubdub
    TG: @tjdubdub

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What's the point of 2 durability? Why not make it an ability then? The only heroes being able to do some extra damage with 2 dura are Victor and Garth, who are the heroes all of you are complained for!
    Devoted Protector of the Phoenix's Ashes
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Bounty Price series: The mercenary challenge | The toll bridge | The Conq's tea
    Other tournaments: Battle of Ages | The Fighting Buddy | The War Games
    BP Bobbypim's expansion: Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Coming of Dragons
    Useful links: Colosal's guide for TO

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How about making it the counterpart of marksman, thus an instakill on summoning if 3+ allies and then nothing else?
    IGN: A1 Virpe
    Telegram: @virpe

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by samu313 View Post
    How about making it the counterpart of marksman, thus an instakill on summoning if 3+ allies and then nothing else?
    This is interesting... an on summon ability yet no other ability? So, just a 1/4 weapon afterwards? Or would you up the attack?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by InsanoMango View Post
    This is interesting... an on summon ability yet no other ability? So, just a 1/4 weapon afterwards? Or would you up the attack?
    At that point can probably become a 2/3 weapon since will be basically vanilla, i don't know.. not up to me to come with the complete solution
    IGN: A1 Virpe
    Telegram: @virpe

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't think it's that op. I think it's a very strong card, just like tidal wave is a very strong card. I think rogues need help getting the board back once behind, and I don't think the condition is often met multiple turns in a row, with subsequent trades and whatnot. If I was going to nerf it however, I would do it the way someone else suggested.

1SE: If the opponent has three of more allies, the allies damaged by Spirit Shuriken this turn is killed.

I don't know whether it should be the FIRST ally is killed, because for them to get double value out of it would require both a card giving them a second attack, and the enemy having 4+ allies, not to mention not working on gargoyles ect.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    After playing lazy fat vic a bit, Ive changed my opinion although only slightly.

I literally only think shuriken is 5% less responsible for the decks success than i did before. It's still everything i said before, but i do think a combination of gambit, anmor, and vics ability are to blame for the colossol trainwreck of overdraw and npe that vic is.
    Proud Member of Team Juggernauts

Top 8 finish in WC 2017
    2nd place finish in WC 2016
    10th place finish in WC 2015
    Top 32 finish in WC 2014

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by streetsahead View Post
    After playing lazy fat vic a bit, Ive changed my opinion although only slightly.

I literally only think shuriken is 5% less responsible for the decks success than i did before. It's still everything i said before, but i do think a combination of gambit, anmor, and vics ability are to blame for the colossol trainwreck of overdraw and npe that vic is.
    The fact shuriken exists already does half (if not more) the job. Sure, you might not have used it, but opponent had to always play the game with shuriken in mind, leading them vulnerable to normal board fight.
    IGN: Kyltz

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Current version of Shuriken is acceptable after previous nerf.
    Going 1st in SE always has an advantage in board control with cheap allies and Shrunken at least allow players going 2nd a way to counter that situation. Most players will not put 4pcs in their deck making it harder for them to draw Shuriken either.
    At least leave it out from next balancing list and re-assess by the time LL2 is ready for a release