Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Returning Player - Need help getting back into competitive play

Hey, I'm Shin! I've been playing Shadow Era since it first came out, but after a few months or so I stopped (dunno why) but I decided to pick the game back up again. Although now I'm struggling to absorb all the new changes the game has had in 3-4 years, so I need help getting up to speed.

Initially, I've been grinding for Shadow Crystals (through leveling up) so I can buy a preset wulven deck. Creating a good Wulven/Shadow Ally deck is my main focus. I just find the deck fun to play with. (It's been 3 years since I touched a wulven deck, though.) I'd like if anyone could offer me some advice on building a good deck, in general. I realized that having just a measly 40 cards in my whole deck is a pretty bad setup, I just don't know how to compensate for it, in a way where I don't overflow my deck.

IGN: Shin Garugan
    ----------

The second problem I'm having (which isn't necessarily learning the game related) is that I tried the "earn shadow crystals" offer, and had completed one of the offers that require me to sign up to a site for earned crystals, but it didn't register for some reason? (If it's important to know what it is that I picked, it was some free Olay product survey/offer.)
    Last edited by Wolven Shinzo; 01-08-2017 at 10:22 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've had trouble with the earning crystals too. I say just avoid doing that. Grinding for Crystals really sucks. I worked really hard to get most of the cards when I first got into it.

As far as the deck is concerned,I recommend a more aggro approach as you will play more games and gain more xp and gold. Wulven to to be more mid or late game types, unless you are playing Darkclaw. But if you have already spent gold and Crystals on class cards, then i suggest trying an Undead or Wulven Tribal build with Moonstalker. Undead is stronger, but you may not have as many of the cards. There are many examples of both on the forum, though they may need some tweaking as they may be outdated.

Welcome back and GL
    IGN: TJ dubdub
    TG: @tjdubdub

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If your looking for certain cards gold is better so just grinding and selling cards might be a good approach unless your trying to collect every card right away

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by da shadowmoon View Post
    If your looking for certain cards gold is better so just grinding and selling cards might be a good approach unless your trying to collect every card right away
    this is good advice too. I'm glad i have over 25,000 gold now lol
    IGN: TJ dubdub
    TG: @tjdubdub

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the replies, and I've been grinding and spent my first 200 crystals on a pre-made Moonstalker deck, and it works okay-ish. It's just a little bit slow. It's not aggressive enough. And my defenses are wide open. I keep getting torn up by warriors. I might spend a little on extra shadow crystals just to get some leverage, but it definitely shows that the old wulven strategies don't work anymore. XD (Or as well as they used to.)

Ranked matches are chaos; you can win with 200/400xp and 80 gold, or 100xp and no gold. Farming gold is pretty tricky.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    True farming gold will be much easier when you have a solid deck overall advice for you build one deck first and master it then move on and make sure you have enough gold to finish a set