Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Raikka humo

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Raikka humo

I realize that it has weaknesses. Early ability kill cards and traps. Not turn 3 early, because sometimes that's even too late. But the fact that on turn 3 I know I'm dead, there's 2 monsters standing in front of me(and not just any monsters, one is an arachnid) and I drew no early cheap kill. I remember hearing a while back something about the game shouldn't be over based on the first few turns. Well just letting you know something slipped past the devs and people are regularly locking games down on turn 3.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It is a inconsistent combo though and has the weaknesses you have pointed out. Also any board wipe can seriously punish it.
    IGN: TJ dubdub
    TG: @tjdubdub

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvsklown View Post
    I realize that it has weaknesses. Early ability kill cards and traps. Not turn 3 early, because sometimes that's even too late. But the fact that on turn 3 I know I'm dead, there's 2 monsters standing in front of me(and not just any monsters, one is an arachnid) and I drew no early cheap kill. I remember hearing a while back something about the game shouldn't be over based on the first few turns. Well just letting you know something slipped past the devs and people are regularly locking games down on turn 3.
    the thing that make that deck work is the location but if you pay attention to the meta people have already starting adding the main counter to the deck in Yahari: Vally of Doom
    IGN: Nataku Wolf

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It isn't as inconsistent as you would think. People have it down pretty well. The cards play themselves, they play their entire hand quickly, while having sacrificed little. The combos are vast that make it work. Quickly overwhelming any deck unlucky enough not to pull the right card by turn 3. It is too fast. Plain and simple.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvsklown View Post
    It isn't as inconsistent as you would think. People have it down pretty well. The cards play themselves, they play their entire hand quickly, while having sacrificed little. The combos are vast that make it work. Quickly overwhelming any deck unlucky enough not to pull the right card by turn 3. It is too fast. Plain and simple.
    im about 65% winrate with it so it not as world conquering as your screaming
    IGN: Nataku Wolf

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm not screaming anything. Simply stating that games are being won and lost based on only a few turns, which in my opinion shouldn't happen. This game should be back and forth not total domination from the very first card played. This deck has a potential start that takes away any skill involved. Being able to lock game down so early makes for a bad game. Even if it's only 65% of the time

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I used to play a rush deck, on turn 4 my opponent knew they were in trouble, turn 5 they knew they were very behind, turn 6 they knew it was over. Back then the deck(krygon) got nerfed because it was too fast. Now turn 1 Behind by one ally, turn 2 I know I'm in big trouble, turn 3 I know the game is lost. How is this not an issue???

Back then at least the krygon hurt your own allies some. This deck is pure speed boost, based on the luck of having the right cards in hand. So now all decks have to account for this one decks insane speed? That would eliminate a massive amount of decks that can be played.

Locations have been a problem from the start, a free card that gives 2 positives, draw and boost. Yeah it took a while for players to figure it out, but now that they have we can see that it gives too much advantage. Easy wins does not make for good gameplay.
    Last edited by Dvsklown; 01-08-2017 at 03:50 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'll say that I have lost to it badly. However, I have also simply run it into the ground.

Warriors absolutely destroy this deck. Crippling Blow and retreat decimate this deck. Ellos Resolve limits the effectiveness of the buffing. Boris specifically does not fear this deck. Amber is a bit slow for it but if she gets setup, she can easily retake the game.

Wulven slaughter it with NYM, DFA and Captured Prey.

Hunters can cripple it with traps and disabling tactics. Most people play fat Vic which mostly gets wrecked I would bet. Baduuru can't handle fatties but that is no different than usual.

Sure, if you are playing a midrange deck, your are probably toast. Hello Victor Players. That is the risk you take though. Same risk you take with all the Rush Mage that are out there when you play mid range style.

Every reasonably decent player knows what they need to do early game against this deck. The game is just as easily lost as it is won by turn 3 in my eyes and from my experience. Some decks just won't have what it takes to win due to how they are built. That is just how a game like this is. Sometimes, you just won't win because of the matchup.

This deck isn't what Templar discard was nor is it any where close. Too many counters available. If anything, it will shift the game play for those who do not wish to play that style towards methods they wouldn't otherwise employ. Or simply tech a few cards for more early board control.

So many ways to beat it, from popular methods, leave me to feel it is not an issue.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There's no ability to come back from behind with it. It's only purpose it to overload early to the point where there is no way for opponent to do anything. It is so much faster than many decks nerfed for being too fast. Too much based on pure luck, which favors the player of the deck. By about 30% right. I wish wulven would put there 2 cents in so I know either way. Let them take a hard look at it tell us if it based on a players ability or pure odds of the deck getting the right cards early. The game is usually won and lost based on first 3 or 4 turns. No player needed
    Last edited by Dvsklown; 01-10-2017 at 08:32 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just for argument sake, I did look up the history of a player who uses this deck and I have beaten multiple times. Just from what was available to me...
    12wins - 11 Losses (2 of those losses were to Raikka) This player is rated 320's so it has been beneficial to them. Overall win rate is only at 58%. That may or may not mean much. We don't know what this player used for all these matches.