Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Wulven Ally: Harmless Pup

Yoyo people,

I have an idea to help Wulven with their weak opening game. Many allies are hard to keep in play due to low HP and lack of combat/on summon/disrupting and or buffing abilities. Most beneficial early game Wulven allies are ones who are meant not to be used with Wulven Heroes... traitors...

So... without further ado...

Harmless Pup
    2CC
    Wulven Ally
    Claw Attack
    0/4

Text:
    Harmless Pup has Protector and cannot be Hidden while having greater than 3 health. When Harmless Pup is attacked by an ally, the friendly Wulven ally with highest health gains 1 attack. (Edited to Buqs idea)

So, the benefits are solely for Wulven tribe play. Maybe this card will not do so well. But I feel some kind of help is needed for the tribe to establish early board presence.

I added in the "cannot be stealth" because this felt like something that could be abused with Moonstalker. I did not want that to happen. Also, he just needed some type of weakness. Let's not forget too... he is a Pup! They can be quite... dense... hard to hide when you are a bit slow on the uptake. Poor little guy

Artwork: I see a close up front view of a puppy sitting in the middle of a battlefield. His head would be slightly tilted back and to the right while a heavy helmet is falling over the left side of his face. Both eyes are closed, left eye partially covered, squinting. He would also be wearing a breastplate with a puppy paw print on it in red, running “paint.” Of course, his tounge is hanging out of his mouth and drool is dripping from it onto the floor. Also, have some soft shadows of two figures battleing being cast over him. Remember? He doesn't know when to hide...

Flavor Text: Pups are not meant for the battle field... but the moral he brings is undeniable.
    Last edited by SEF Mango; 01-05-2018 at 07:21 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That's a lot of text on something so harmless. You sure it's not broken?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylt View Post
    Could be better than fire snake version.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't feel so only because it is class specific and you must be using all Wulven Allies. Pretty strict requirements should provide for a substantial card.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    who would send their pups to die first in battle....your a monster!!!!

-----

Harmless Pup
    2cc
    Wulven Ally - Wulven
    Claw Attack
    0/4

Text:
    Harmless Pup has Protector and cannot be Hidden while having greater than 3 health. When Harmless Pup is attacked by an ally, the friendly Wulven ally with highest health gains 1 attack.

----

I think this would be a bit better. So you have guaranteed starting protector with Pup which can be removed by reducing its health to 3 or less. He should start with 4 since this is fairly consistent with other Wulven allies leaving him vulnerable to ping damage. With this ping damage being forced toward Pup this enhances the survival of the other 4 health wulven allies usually killed by ping +3 take down options. There are also many ways for Pup to gain/have additional health so if not dealt with potentially can regain protector (Packmasters Helm).

Also having attack ramp due to combat damage seems logical too. If pup is alone on board he gains the attack value and can retaliate, if other wulven present they gain the ramp. Note this only triggers on combat damage and not ability damage which is a weakness of the alignment. This version would also work extremely well with various attachments such as Pack Alpha (on Pup).
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Check out my decks and others at Shadowera.net. Shadowera's #1 Super Fan Site!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I think you meant stealth, not hidden
    Shadow of the Night
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Seeker of potential, hidden from the light
    Teacher from the darkness, the Shadow of The Night
    To you I bring my knowledge, hidden from plain sight
    And write it in my blog, bringing new things to the fight

IGN: BP Umbra Nox

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well I can actually comprehend what that new version does so I'm all for it. Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylt View Post
    Could be better than fire snake version.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Bump!!!
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter