Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

VERY difficult to gain ranking

Ok. Let's say I win 2/3 of the games I play... so my ranking should be increasing. However, approximately 1 out of 4 or 5 games I play, I end up losing due to the bloody quit button. Whether it's multiplayer sync problems, connection problems or a victim of a quit glitch cheater, doesn't matter to me. The result is the same - defeat and stalemated or dropping in rank.

In v1.26, I hope the whole quit thing can either by fixed or removed entirely. I liked it much better back when I started and there was no quit option.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Don't worry too much about rank it's just a pairing system.
    Must insert something witty here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You better dont play this game for getting a high rank as you surely will end up throwing your pc (or iphone) out of the window.

Ive built my first tier 1 deck (gewenneth) 2 days ago and played like 30 games, "lost" like 2 of them but still didnt increase my rank at all cause of those defeat bug (today i even got 2 random-defeats out of 3 games)...if you want to become a high ranked player stop playing until 1.26 is out, what hopefully will fix this shit (yes, i am kinda angry cause of 66% defeat-bug-loses today)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrigana View Post
    Ok. Let's say I win 2/3 of the games I play... so my ranking should be increasing. However, approximately 1 out of 4 or 5 games I play, I end up losing due to the bloody quit button. Whether it's multiplayer sync problems, connection problems or a victim of a quit glitch cheater, doesn't matter to me. The result is the same - defeat and stalemated or dropping in rank.

In v1.26, I hope the whole quit thing can either by fixed or removed entirely. I liked it much better back when I started and there was no quit option.
    I's use this Thread and write down the names!
    It's a known bug and should be fixed soon. Also I'm pretty sure the ranking gets resetted, so just play on, and be cool!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Games too chaotic right now to worry about rating IMO. The meta shakes and rattles with every revision. Just chill and at least try to enjoy the game a little. Isn't that what its for??

Thats why I like being a midrange player - I can play every day for a week or 2 and MAYBE see one or 2 defeat bugs, sync errors. That way I get to enjoy the game and not have to bitch about my rating.

Junior Member Brainwashcitizens's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Tk5 is right. You shouldn't worry too much about the rankings, it's justthere to pair you with eqally skilled players, as always, enjoy the game

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Shadow Era is implementing TrueSkill system (which is the same with XBox system). From the FAQs:
    Q: How are the multiplayer ratings calculated?

A: The rating system used in Shadow Era is similar to True Skill on XBox. Basically the system uses fancy mathematics to track your rating and how confident the system is about that rating. As you play more games, the system becomes more confident in its rating of you, and there is less change in your rating no matter if you win or lose the occasional match, unless there is a real trend in one direction. Eg you are suddenly able to constantly beat high-rated players, then your rating will go up to indicate that. There's a lot of info you can read about True Skill but it's a very accurate rating system, once you understand that it is a rating and not a score that is supposed to always increase.
    Shannong made an excellent post regarding this as well.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jiminee View Post
    Shadow Era is implementing TrueSkill system (which is the same with XBox system). From the FAQs:

Shannong made an excellent post regarding this as well.
    I've already gone over why I think TrueSkill doesn't really work for a game of this type and ELO is better. This assumes your skill is a constant that it can get closer and closer to with more reliability. But change your deck and your skill changes completely. That's why I think latest matches should be a much better indicator of your current skill, particularly if you've changed decks recently. Massive lost of points for trying a new deck won't be as bad if you can quickly gain it back after you've tweaked it and start winning with it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    the rating system is totally useless due to the massive amount of cheaters and exploits.
    so far only 1 of them has been banned, meaning that nothing has really been done for them.
    if you just want casual play it is ok, but anything more than that is just a waste of time.
    We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice.
    *** Yaemon - Undead Warchief of A1 Alliance ***
    This is my First SE Tournament Report