Close

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    5-14 Just now
    Amber
    BELKRAM

My first run in with a cheater. I crushed him with Majiya. Was expecting a win... Then, defeat! Could not have been a sync problem because it happened pretty fast with no warning.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by von Ziegler View Post
    It would be a Really Good Thing (tm) if 1.26 could incorporate some way of letting us know what happened... I am certain I did not see a timer come up - should I have? Even if the Defeat screen could at least incorporate some indication that this was a defeat caused by timeout, or something...
    I believe Kyle is working on adding better descriptors for defeats, no promises on 1.26 but we can hope its done in time.

Quote Originally Posted by RunDevilRun View Post
    5-14 Just now
    Amber
    BELKRAM

My first run in with a cheater. I crushed him with Majiya. Was expecting a win... Then, defeat! Could not have been a sync problem because it happened pretty fast with no warning.
    Sorry RunDevilRun, it looks like you lost from a timeout in this situation as well.
    Last edited by rumsey; 05-14-2011 at 05:38 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I really don't think so. I have lost that way before, and it shows me the countdown. This game, there was no countdown. Just an instant loss. And come on, I was literally one turn away from winning.

But, oh well. It definitely seemed like a cheat to me.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wasn't there a thread about something people were doing that was forced timeout to cheat?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So Rumsey, was I cheated or not? You were able to find out for those others...

I gave you the time and date there in my previous post, and the suspected cheater.

Cheers,
    BL00DY

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by RunDevilRun View Post
    I really don't think so. I have lost that way before, and it shows me the countdown. This game, there was no countdown. Just an instant loss. And come on, I was literally one turn away from winning.

But, oh well. It definitely seemed like a cheat to me.
    It may have appeared that way, but it wasn't. There is a bug where the wifi timeout message does not appear and that's something we're looking at. I looked at his game history and there was only one other game where he had won from an opponent timeout and it was quite awhile ago. Also, he has proportionate losses from recent games all played to completion.
    So this is one of those cases where things aren't always what they appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Shardeus View Post
    Wasn't there a thread about something people were doing that was forced timeout to cheat?
    I made mention of a forced sync exploit, but that's not the same thing. There isn't a way for their client to tell you to time out because that is handled by your client, not the server.

Quote Originally Posted by BL00DY View Post
    So Rumsey, was I cheated or not? You were able to find out for those others...

I gave you the time and date there in my previous post, and the suspected cheater.

Cheers,
    BL00DY
    Bl00dy, we have this thread and others like it in our backlog at the moment, we are working through the top20 lists to remove all cheaters. I answered a few right after they were posted because I happened to be at the PC and knew they were online, but we will eventually go back and check all the ones in this thread. I will try to see if I can find the post you're referring to.

edit: BL00DY, it says you timed out from the server as well. Why would he cheat you before you even got a chance to sac a single card, he doesn't gain any xp, rank, or gold this way... The only reason would be to purposefully ruin the game for others, but then he would have lots of expired games in a row and yours was the only one around that time? I will keep an eye on it but for now I don't see anything compelling.
    Last edited by rumsey; 05-14-2011 at 09:17 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Frustrating Defeat! Glitch

I have had this bug happen to me a couple of times today. Once while I was playing on my iPhone 4, and once on my home PC. Inexplicably, it comes up Defeat! and it has always happened when I am winning. No XP is gained or anything. It's very strange & frustrating. I hope the playing community can get some good answers as to what is going on, because it's really annoying when you are robbed of a victory like that for no reason. Thanks for your time & attention.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Rocky Barks
    Nishaven
    0018 -5 GMT
    5/15/11

What a piece of shit on this one, had his whole hand drained with night prowler, he dropped an aeon which was going to die immediately , and him the turn after, bam defeat.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Glad to see you Runsey at work. I just wish there werent so many invalid complains for you to deal with =P
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    PUTAKTI
    Majiya
    1:00PM GMT + 8
    5/15/11

I was defeated with the timeout, so piss because of the rating go down