Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Idea for Determining Going First

I was thinking about this today. I'm not one of the people that really cares if I go first or second, I win plenty of games going second. Probably as much as I do going first. There are those out there that believe that going first is way to adventageous in SE. Determining who goes first in any card game is luck based anyway (and someone HAS to go first), but I think putting that "luck" in to the hands of the players would appease the issues some people have with the going first advantage. My solution: Add a rock/paper/scissors match (best of 1) to the start of the game. Each player chooses rock/paper/scissors through an icon or button that pops up automatically at the start and the winner gets to go first OR if it can be implemented, have that player choose first or second.

To those that are about to say, "But it's the games mechanics that need to change, not determining who goes first, that changes the OP'edness of going first", I would say, just wait till the entire set is released. I really think that first turn is fine the way it is with not drawing and not gaining any SE the first turn (which, after the hero changes take effect will play a bigger role in actually going first). The addition of DEFENDER helps with this too. I guess, time will tell though.
    Test Server ID: ThEReApR
    Main Server ID: ThEReApR
    Main Server Deck Tester: Stunnah

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    RUBBISH

Nonsense

Actually, I don't mind the idea. It may help to appease those that are bothered, and would also enable you to fix who goes first or second if you're playing a bo3

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Can they even program in a rock-scissor-paper mechanic? Without bugs?
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't think it will ever be implemented.

Some players can commit to the time needed for a bo3 game, but not most. Nor, would some want to play a bo3 against some people/heroes.

To quote Stunnah, "someone has to go first". And this is true regardless. Just build your deck with the idea that you can go first, or second and adjust which way you begin your game accordingly. As they continue to nerf... I mean balance the cards and heroes things will change regardless.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnAdolt View Post
    For the below response.... you have been banned.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I'd like the rock paper scissors (ropasc) to just be a side game as well. With ratings and such. I'd spend so much time grinding at that and doing commentaries. We could all argue over which is best.

The ropasc meta changes so #%^*ing quickly though.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by arebelspy View Post
    I'd like the rock paper scissors (ropasc) to just be a side game as well. With ratings and such. I'd spend so much time grinding at that and doing commentaries. We could all argue over which is best.

The ropasc meta changes so #%^*ing quickly though.
    Let's do foot, cockroach, nuclear bomb instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqIit...e_gdata_player
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    /waits for the oblig rock paper scissors lizard spock

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Mines better dammit
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunnah View Post
    I really think that first turn is fine the way it is with not drawing and not gaining any SE the first turn (which, after the hero changes take effect will play a bigger role in actually going first). The addition of DEFENDER helps with this too. I guess, time will tell though.
    Well the big advantages to going first are the following:
    1) having first play with new allies - this advantage is HUGE because it sets a pattern of your ally destroying their ally turn after turn after turn. This pattern can be overcome or even reversed but it's a steep uphill battle for the second player.
    2) Sacrificing cards - obviously this means bigger better allies, big better cards, bigger combos, first to use weapons/armor, etc.

not drawing the first turn and not accumulating SE is small beans compared to these two, but the way it stands the person who goes first gets both advantages. Split them up! If you go first, no sacrificing the first turn, or better yet, have the second player automatically start with 1 resource.

Another possible idea is adjust the exp and gold reward - if you win going second you should get more of both, win going 1st and you should get less.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    NERF ROCK NERF ROCK

/goddamn all caps filter. hit that several times in the last few days.
    //apparently i shout a lot