Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by InsanoMango View Post
    That is exactly why I brought up to have allies function like Artful Squire. Much like how Wulven has moved to make the "seek" command a universal activation cost of 2:SE, make the universal cost of allies that destroy upon summoning that they die afterwards. I think that is fair and makes sense with the precedent already set by Artful Squire.
    Wouldn't that kinda suggest that allies with haste shouldn't exist? They all have the potential to destroy something the turn they are summoned, just like Sorcerer and Vermin do.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kross View Post
    Wouldn't that kinda suggest that allies with haste shouldn't exist? They all have the potential to destroy something the turn they are summoned, just like Sorcerer and Vermin do.
    Different cards for different purposes. I don't think you can compare them. One card is completely dedicated to having an ally on board that "may" destroy something. The cards in question definitely will destroy something, possibly game altering, if the conditions are met. So I feel it is a good trade off if the ally dies. Especially if that something is a game altering item/ability like a KP.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Different cards for different purposes. I don't think you can compare them. One card is completely dedicated to having an ally on board that "may" destroy something. The cards in question definitely will destroy something, possibly game altering, if the conditions are met. So I feel it is a good trade off if the ally dies. Especially if that something is a game altering item/ability like a KP.
    Same goes for haste allies, it's just that the condition that needs to be met is different--if your opponent's ally is low enough on health and can be attacked.

Just trying to look at things from a different perspective, that's all.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kross View Post
    Same goes for haste allies, it's just that the condition that needs to be met is different--if your opponent's ally is low enough on health and can be attacked.

Just trying to look at things from a different perspective, that's all.
    Haste allies aren't an on summons destroy effect. I don't think the two are comparable at all
    Shadow of the Night
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Seeker of potential, hidden from the light
    Teacher from the darkness, the Shadow of The Night
    To you I bring my knowledge, hidden from plain sight
    And write it in my blog, bringing new things to the fight

IGN: BP Umbra Nox

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Interesting discusion. I am not sure about nerf, but itīs true that destroy key item (or atachement) and put an ally on board is hard punch against clasicc tempo decks. But those cards are necessary against mill decks. So if some nerf is necessary I am for that one when ally goes to graveyard. Still good against mill decks, and much less good against clasic tempo decks. Pls no more cards with "random" on it, Shadow Era is skill based game!!!

Those two cards are one of the reasons why warriors are not so good currently. Especially Amber is hurt by it. But some good players changed CB for retreats in Amber decks and it still works...
    IGN: TJ Maskee - Proud member of Team Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by maskee View Post

Those two cards are one of the reasons why warriors are not so good currently. Especially Amber is hurt by it. But some good players changed CB for retreats in Amber decks and it still works...
    Warriors are still strong in my eyes. I have still won games with Crippling Blow. Main difference is if I'm playing Shadow, I use them as a means to simply stall my opponent. I will kill those crippled Allies ASAP if possible. I mean, you still do so against human heroes just in case the drop a ALR.

Crippling blow is still an amazing value to cost card. Some matchups it's bad but others it just wrecks. It is because of cards like Crippling Blow that I feel it is ok for cards like Vermin and Sorcerer to exist. Being able to cripple 4 allies and not have to worry about anything just seems a bit too much.

You play around them Vermin. If you can't limit the options to less than three in time, maybe you get burned. Still don't see it as much of an issue though.
    Last edited by SEF Mango; 01-17-2017 at 11:55 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wait. Did I just read that a sorcerer/vermin will definitely kill something? Couldn't be further from the truth.
    Squire dies because it can always kill something if a card is in play that matches the cc requirements. No need for them to be in x quantity. That's why squire dies.
    These are 2 completely different effects.
    And I second the notion that they are fine because of what the above poster has said. He's right. You can't just play 4 CB and 4 of the -3/-3 card and expect to control the board with no problem. That's not very warrior like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylt View Post
    Could be better than fire snake version.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You play around them Vermin. If you can't limit the options to less than three in time, maybe you get burned. Still don't see it as much of an issue though.
    How many times do I have to say this. The fact that you "have to go around" vermin/sorcer is hurting the freedom in deck building. Get it?

Not many people seem to be getting the point right. But it's no wonder, since there are only few people left who like the current state of the game in this forum. Item ability combo deck advocates have already gone. Too late now.
    IGN: Kyltz

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylt View Post
    How many times do I have to say this. The fact that you "have to go around" vermin/sorcer is hurting the freedom in deck building. Get it?

Not many people seem to be getting the point right. But it's no wonder, since there are only few people left who like the current state of the game in this forum. Item ability combo deck advocates have already gone. Too late now.
    You are mistaking people's disagreement for misunderstanding. We are not ignorant. Everybody knows what you are saying. Many just don't see it as that much of an issue. Build your decks. I don't see an issue with playing around these cards. They don't keep me from playing what I want. If they do to others, well, can't help you there.

Will it keep your deck full of attachments/abilities/items a little more difficult to play? Of course. You can't have those decks running around unchecked. Ally based decks need to have a counter. That's what these are. I see them as essential to the game. Maybe they need a little more tweaking but a solid nerf? Still vote no.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatog201 View Post
    Wait. Did I just read that a sorcerer/vermin will definitely kill something? Couldn't be further from the truth.
    Squire dies because it can always kill something if a card is in play that matches the cc requirements. No need for them to be in x quantity. That's why squire dies.
    These are 2 completely different effects.
    My rational behind this suggestion was still with the 3+ requirement in mind. These cards can choose any target to destroy. Harder to activate yet more rewarding. This ability to target ANYTHING of your choosing just makes me feel that their death after activation makes even more sense than it does with Squire.