Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Elementalis Exaltation/Bloodthirsty

Here is my current deck. It's pretty close to what I consider to be the Elementalis standard deck with a few minor deviations. I would like some input on what to improve upon it.

Elementalis X 1

Fire Snake X 4
    Feasterling X 4
    Infernal Gargoyle X 4
    Rampant Krygon X 4
    Voracious Arachnid X 4
    Death Mage Thaddeus X 3
    Murderous Hulk X 3 or Wulven Tracker X 3

Bad Santa X 3

Exaltation X 3
    Bloodthirsty X 3
    Mind Control X 4

40 Cards.

I have been using Feasterling instead of other 2 cost options because I feel it works very well with Bloodthirsty on the third round to use it's ability to get that first kill on your opponent's weanie card. I like Fire Snake for a similar reason.

I prefer Murderous Hulk (who doesn't) but sometimes I've played the deck with Wulven Tracker because of the frustrating lack of draw.

Any advice on how to improve this deck? (including adding up to 2 additional cards... for instance, sometimes I add 2 Shadowspawn cards, 2 Shadow Font cards, 2 Boooomerang cards, etc.)
    Last edited by liquidbabylon; 12-19-2016 at 08:31 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Shadowspawn yes,keep hulk over wulven tracter,and last but not least you have fire snake couse they are op or just for fun?
    For draw you can use cultist,stardurt extractor.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    drop santa, add extractor for draw. you need at least 2x vermin
    I milled fat Garth with rush Loest. Twice.
    I stalled Moonstaller with Rothem.
    I played Ter with monopoly cards and 4x toll bridge and managed to win a tournament.
    I cast Portal and Kris in one turn and lived to tell the tale.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I know y'all probably know better than I do, but... at a cost of 4 + waiting a round before you can even draw one card + how easy it is to nullify Stardust Extractor, this seems like a really awful way to rely on draw. I know Bad Santa helps the other guy as much as myself, but more often than not (at least in the 270-290 rating range where I lurk) I lose matches because I'm out of cards, and drawing one per turn, hoping the next one is what I need. Mind Control is such a big table turn that I've won many more games with a Bad Santa + Mind Control than I have so far with any consistent luck using Stardust Extractor as a source of draw. I'm not saying it's not a great card, just not a must have, and I've struggled more leaning on it for draw than I did occasionally popping a Bad Santa at the right time.

I like Cultist for draw, but only in my discard-style deck, not this one.

I like Rapacious Vermin, I just never seem to get use out of it so I don't include it in my current deck. Still experimenting with this card at the moment.

Shadowspawn is great against certain decks so sometimes I do swap this in.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You should look at the world championship decks if you haven't yet. 2nd place was a very good Elamentis deck. There are some similarities to yours and some differences. I'd look at both to try and figure out what you want to do that is different.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So yeah, I might be re-tooling this deck again after seeing some of those things. Thanks. Relentless Savagery looks kind of nice.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadows R Us View Post
    You should look at the world championship decks if you haven't yet. 2nd place was a very good Elamentis deck. There are some similarities to yours and some differences. I'd look at both to try and figure out what you want to do that is different.
    Here's the deck in question for reference.

Hero: Elementalis

Allies (27):
    4x Rapacious Vermin ~120g
    4x Feasterling ~400g
    3x Infernal Gargoyle ~100g
    2x Death Mage Thaddeus ~200g
    3x Rampant Krygon ~300g
    3x Grimghast ~300g
    4x Murderous Hulk ~300g
    4x Stardust Extractor ~120g

Abilities (13):
    1x Relentless Savagery ~900g
    4x Shadowspawn ~100g
    1x Energy Discharge ~200g
    3x Mind Control ~310g
    4x Exaltation ~300g

41 cards ~ 10090g

Interesting in that the deck seems very ... ordinary (for lack of a better word). No obvious tricks or gimmicks that cause the deck to stand out at first glance.

No ironhide karash as well. Only 1 relentless savagery. I guess that's what separates the pros from us. Knowing what to leave out as much as what to include.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk