Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

returning player, a bit disappointed

I'm glad that nothing much has changed except for the location cards and the aldmor class. What I'm disappointed about is nerfing aramia coz she is the only hero I use. I run a deck of 120 cards (used to be 180+ before the 120-card limit was put to effect) and I was able to make it work in the past (maybe 60-40 win rate) and I'm pretty sure I was the only one with that deck/play style and that old players might remember me and (my fat deck lol) if they have faced me before. As you can see I play for fun and I don't care about optimizing my deck to just 40 cards or following the meta to maximize my win rate. With her ability cost now, my play style is very much ruined and I guess I have to stick to the meta now if I want to make it work. I remember burst type aramia used to be the shit in the good old days- fast game, high win rate.

I'm not asking for the devs to revert that change, I just want to know why for I think her ability being at 3 is already balanced. In fact, I remember that after increasing fire gauntlet's(the bread and butter of burst types) cost to 4, even less players were using her because other heroes are simply much better than her if we're talking about maximizing win rate. Please let me understand why =(

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by keele View Post
    I'm glad that nothing much has changed except for the location cards and the aldmor class. What I'm disappointed about is nerfing aramia coz she is the only hero I use. I run a deck of 120 cards (used to be 180+ before the 120-card limit was put to effect) and I was able to make it work in the past (maybe 60-40 win rate) and I'm pretty sure I was the only one with that deck/play style and that old players might remember me and (my fat deck lol) if they have faced me before. As you can see I play for fun and I don't care about optimizing my deck to just 40 cards or following the meta to maximize my win rate. With her ability cost now, my play style is very much ruined and I guess I have to stick to the meta now if I want to make it work. I remember burst type aramia used to be the shit in the good old days- fast game, high win rate.

I'm not asking for the devs to revert that change, I just want to know why for I think her ability being at 3 is already balanced. In fact, I remember that after increasing fire gauntlet's(the bread and butter of burst types) cost to 4, even less players were using her because other heroes are simply much better than her if we're talking about maximizing win rate. Please let me understand why =(
    I think she was too powerful with Twilights, calling in items for them. True that today very little people use her, but she s still not that bad. I'd say it s rather due to the fact few have bothered to reinvent decks for her after the change, which in fact is a major effort. My guess is she would work very well with Aldmors and their items so maybe that s the way you can go.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hi. Welcome back. I'm sorry the game hasn't really moved in a direction you liked. I'm hearing that you play for fun and your style is primarily based around fat decks. I can see why you would not be happy at the Aramia change and what you are looking for now is some explanation from the developers.

Well, there's two main issues as to why Aramia needed to change. Firstly, the value for the 3SE was too high previously - we left it like that because we didn't know for sure that it was too high, it wasn't doing too much harm and we knew we could properly balance at a later date if required (we hit that later point now and properly balanced it at 4SE). Secondly, whilst it can be a certain type of fun to play a huge deck, we don't really want to encourage it because actually it's not generally that much fun for your opponent - we want the game to be enjoyable for both players, ideally.

Hopefully there are other aspects of Shadow Era you can find fun without needing the fat deck style with Aramia.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Were you running an aramia wisp deck? Nothing unique about that ...

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by highmystica View Post
    Were you running an aramia wisp deck? Nothing unique about that ...

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk
    He did say 180+ fat deck now down to 120
    IGN: Nataku Wolf