Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Meltdown development

Hey everyone. Not many players even play meltdown, and I can't say I don't understand why. It can get boring after a while, as normal (rated or unrated) games are a lot more deck demanding and summarize the point of the game. Any way, I have an idea which might boost its popularity a little.
    One of the best things, if not the best, about meltdown is that it makes new players, and not only, discover cards they didn't know about. For me for instance, meltdown was an eye-opener plenty of times regarding cards as a beginner. What if once you open your packs in meltdown you could introduce an option of buying a card you opened there instantly from before entering the game. While this isn't much of a changer, since you can simply remember the card and buy it afterwards, what I want to point most on is Foil cards opened this way. I suggest that if the card you want to buy is Foil, you should be able to buy it at a larger cost, such as 4 times its value or 1000 gold + twice its value or something like that. This way, "bling hunters" will look forward to playing meltdown more, and not only, + it encourages getting to show off your foils with actual game currency, not only shadow crystals.
    Waiting for your opinions . ~Ser

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hi. Thanks for sharing these ideas. The current plan for improving Meltdown is to make it a tournament format, so that you build a deck at the start and use it in every game until you are knocked out or you emerge the champ. In line with your idea, we could incorporate the option to choose cards from the deck to keep for a certain cost and this could include any foils you found. But I think actually players would be buying their packs as entry so they would keep all the cards regardless (along with any other prizes they win).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    But I think actually players would be buying their packs as entry so they would keep all the cards regardless
    I'd love for you to prove me wrong but I'm almost certain the inherent high entry cost will mean very few people will even bother with this.
    This will then result in wait times that no one will bother with.

Given the slow development of this product, I'd thoroughly think through this idea before allocating your limited resourcing. We don't want another occurrence of the 3D board debacle.

To get the most value from the Meltdown feature you have to make it appealing to the majority of players NOT just the 1%. This is a general rule you should apply where possible if you want to grow your player base and make this product profitable.
    Last edited by ShrapnelFox; 12-08-2016 at 04:05 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I halfway like your idea gondo. I like meltdown except for making a deck every time. There is another game that I play that allows you to build a deck and use it ten times before having to make a new one. The more times you win with it the cheaper the final deck cost gets. I don't have time to do it if you impose a tourney format on it though. It already has a weekly format. Adding an end of month tourney in Meltdown format instead like the last weekend or something! I might even play then. I think meltdown should also have it's own ranking page. Year a yearly comp for a ranked deck, and monthly for a 4x booster build deck ... seems nice.

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    actually with other random tourneys and comps going on that seems just about right.

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk