Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Fire Baduruu (Hot Shot)

Hey guys,
    I have finally decided to share my deck which have me great success on qm.
    I pd Baduruu and reached 363 peak rating and am now at 353.

I am using the fire theme in my deck as it lets great synergies, a strong draw engine and also lots of different tools to control the game.

This deck isn't easy to play as it forces you to play very carefully. Never sacrifice the wrong card and always expect your weapon being destroyed. Generate multiple threads and dont allow being pushed back.

Hero: Baduruu (43 + Hero)

Allys (20)

2x Grimghast
    4x Brimstone Devourer
    4x Flame Spitter
    2x Falseblood Cultist
    2x Furrious Terror
    3x Hellfire Besieger
    3x Infernus, Tyrant of the Damned

Abilitys (7)
    3x Hunters Gambit
    1x Vision of Endia
    1x The Perfect Shot
    2x Ley Line Nexus

Items(6)
    4x Snare Trap
    2x Tar-witted Scroll

Armors(4)
    4x Flameforged gauntlets

Weapons(6)
    2x Grundler's Double
    4x Emore Crossbow

This deck isn't easy to play as it forces you to play very carefully. Never sacrifice the wrong card and always expect your weapon being destroyed. Generate multiple threads and dont allow being pushed back.

Having your opponent decide what to kill first: your weapon, your draw or your allys makes this deck stromg. It also pffers solutions to most problems like stall, stealth, burn, rush etc.

Your worst matchup is maybe garth but everything else seems beatable. Last but not least my breakdown.

Deck Breakdown:

Emore Crossbow: This is your best weapon as it can deal a total of 20 dmg and even burst out 7 dmg if infernus is out. Feel free to sac one if you got 2 in your starting hand.

Grundlers Double: Your second weapon increasing the chance to draw at least one weapon at t4 to 82%. Dont forget that it ignores stealth and gives you additional draw. With 5 dura its also the better choice vs solo decks.

Flameforged Gauntlets
    This is your main draw and preferred t4 play. The Main prioraty is to set up your draw which makes early sacrifices of importent cards easier. The more you draw the higher the chance to get this card again.

Hunters gambit
    Dealing 2 dmg made this card more useful in this deck. With all your different sources of dmg it is more then just "draw 2 cards if you kill an ally". This card is very strong in late game so I do sometimes sacrifice it early when I see no possibility to play it early.

Falseblood Cultist
    Adding him up this deck has 9 draw cards. Of course he is there to combo wit Brimstone Devourer but you also need something to dig into your deck edpecially when you didnt get a weapon.

Snare Trap
    This is mainly a card vs rush and aggro decks. Never play it if you feel like your opponent has spirit warden. And also dont play it if you expect to get rid of your opponents threads without it. Better keep your infernus rather them blaying a snare trap that never gets triggered.

Tar Witted Scroll
    If you ask me, this is a laye game card. Synergizes great with all those little sources of dmg like furious terror or hunters gambit. I play this card almost never t2. However there are some expections to this rule especially if I expecr being rushed down.

Perfect Shot and Vision of Endia
    Very importent cards. There are no further explenationa

Lay Line Nexus
    Same as above

Infernus
    This is one of the reasons why fire theme is so good. Some decks absolutely have no answer to this guy as he has immunity to fire and steadfast. Also buffs almost every other card when out.

Hellfire Besieger
    First version of the deck had xxx but then i tried this guy and it was way better. The potential for 7 burst ang and the ability to bypass stealth or armor as well as the 3/6 body makes him a great addition.

Furrious Terror
    Some decks tend to swarm especially when you are up against prax or some hunter decks. With him you have a small board wipe or even some ping dmg to finish the rest with your weapon or scroll.

Grimghast and Flamespitter
    Both are preferred t3 drops depending on what you expect from your opponent. Both have good chances to survive t3 or at leasr deal dmg or prevent dmg.

Brimstone Devourer
    Dont hesitate playing him into the board. He is a great body and triggera gauntlets. But best case us to use him with cultist.
    Crusader of new Virtues
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I was playing around with a similar theme last season. I used more traps and only 5cc+ allies. I like to think that most opponents were pretty confused when I played t2 trap, t3 trap, and then dropped the gauntlets on t4. The besieger is awesome in these decks and it's a lot of fun. Wulven RD is boring. Well done, and thanks for sharing.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi,

Why LLN? What is the most frequent use for it? Also why split perfect shot and vision? I think that with vision can do the same job.
    6 bows are pretty low, won't you say? With 6 bows, how do you feel on master smith?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by segalion; 11-29-2016 at 09:47 AM.
    In the beginning the Universe was created.
    This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

IGN: TJ Segalion - Green Creatures from other planets can also go Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by segalion View Post
    Hi,

Why LLN? What is the most frequent use for it? Also why split perfect shot and vision? I think that with vision can do the same job.
    6 bows are pretty low, won't you say? With 6 bows, how do you feel on master smith?

I actually really like his 1 TPS for tournaments anyway. With just VoE people will know ALR on an armored unit spells gg for duru. The 1x TPS can throw people off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lln is a card that gives you chance in mu's that otherwise cant be won.

Against Cards like kings pride, snow saphire, armore of ages this deck has nothing to offer.
    It also does well vs other Baduruus and anklebreakers or soul seekers.

The copy of TPS and VOE is a remaining of my first build. I didnt really know whats better at that tim and so i added both cards as they do almost the same thing. Both have their pros and cons and so i leave it like this.

About the number of weapons i think its pretty perfect. Your best weapon is emore crossbow and grundlers double is only the second best choice so having it 4x would be kind of a waste.
    Also the chance of getting at least one by t4 is more then 80% and adding more weapons only increases the chance by a low percentege and its still not 100%. But having more weapons also increases the chance of getting a weapon when you dont need it signifacantly as the game progresses.
    This deck has a stromg draw. Playing Falseblood Cultist gives you 2more chances to get a bow and this deck can also work and delay the game to the moment where you get your weapon.
    Crusader of new Virtues
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This looks like fun. I'm m going to try it out.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've played with a similar deck in the past except that I only ran 2X Infernus

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How about acid jet over LLN. That leaves only AOA as a problem but also help vs JD, WOTF etc'

In the beginning the Universe was created.
    This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

IGN: TJ Segalion - Green Creatures from other planets can also go Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by egatemi View Post
    About the number of weapons i think its pretty perfect. Your best weapon is emore crossbow and grundlers double is only the second best choice so having it 4x would be kind of a waste. Also the chance of getting at least one by t4 is more then 80% and adding more weapons only increases the chance by a low percentege and its still not 100%. But having more weapons also increases the chance of getting a weapon when you dont need it signifacantly as the game progresses
    80% is a bit low imo. All you want is a tempo swing at T4 so having a 20% chance of not drawing a weapon is a big disadvantage. For most of my build I run 7 weapons in a 40 cards deck for consistency. I am not sure what to cut in your deck seems it works well for you (maybe less fatties?) but apparently you need to maintain a good board control with the allies in case you missed the weapon draw.

Quote Originally Posted by qaz92zaq View Post
    I actually really like his 1 TPS for tournaments anyway. With just VoE people will know ALR on an armored unit spells gg for duru. The 1x TPS can throw people off.
    Nice point. I wasn't a big fan of 1-off cards usually but this convinced me

Quote Originally Posted by segalion View Post
    How about acid jet over LLN. That leaves only AOA as a problem but also help vs JD, WOTF etc'
    For the same reason, you could also do 1/1/ split for acid jet/LLN

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for sharing, sounds hot