Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Separate Deck Ratings

How about separate ratings for each deck?

Keep the existing player rating, as people know and like this ...

... but add a rating for each deck! It's weird that if i get to, say, 280 with one deck that i start there again when i switch in a new deck ... that way, we can see how each deck compares to another...

What do you think?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    +1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Would that mean the rating would reset every time you changed the deck? And with 4 slots per hero I can imagine the headache that would be to implement such a mechanism like that in the game right now... i guess a more easy thing would be to have some kind of record of how many win-losses you had with a deck, although it ain't the same thing and even that i guess it would drop low in the devs priority list.
    I wanted an image as a signature and all I got was text.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosmiker View Post
    Would that mean the rating would reset every time you changed the deck? And with 4 slots per hero I can imagine the headache that would be to implement such a mechanism
    I'm thinking of the rating as an attribute of the deck (like deck name, which we know is in an upcoming release), which is then updated after each game with that deck. This is exactly the same level of complexity as a win/loss count for each deck (update a deck attribute with a new number after each game)

User rating remains unchanged.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why not simply join a guild and sparring with guild mates, or just play with friends. You can always ask for a friendly in global chat or SE room in telegram if you target is testing new decks. This will mean a lot of work for Wulven which will delay even more the important features we are waiting so long.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Separate Deck Ratings

Playing from 0 every time I changed Hero sounds terrible.
    Last edited by FDL; 11-29-2016 at 02:09 PM.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by FDL View Post
    Playing from 0 every time I changed Hero sounds terrible.
    That's not what i propose. You keep the same user ranking across decks, which is what is used to match you up against other players. That remains unchanged. And, in addition, you have a rating per deck.

When you win/lose a game, each ranking is adjusted up/down accordingly. When you change a deck, you keep the user ranking, and pick up the deck ranking of whichever deck you switch to (which will be zero for a new deck).

That way you can see deck rankings as well as user rankings.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just a list of games played, showing which heros were used and who won would be helpful. Would have to have every single game logged forever with a searchable database. Don't know how feasable this would be. But it would allow players to look at their game history beyond 30 games. Those with the ambition could then do the math and figure out percentages. But just a list as mentioned you could quickly look through and figure out what you regularly lose to and adjust from there.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    How about win-rate per hero? Or just number of wins per hero? Should be simple to add and give reasonable value.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    How about win-rate per hero? Or just number of wins per hero? Should be simple to add and give reasonable value.
    yes, this should be sufficient. A meta breakdown of sorts.. but perhaps it should only include this info from the top rated/scoring players, if possible