Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

3.172 Dawn Raid Bugged? (confirmed, fixed in v3.173)

Hello,

I was just watching a couple of matches and saw two in a row end due to Dawn Raid. In one match, the game got stuck because to one player it looked like it was the other's sac phase while to that player it looked like it was the first player's play phase. In the other match, the game ended on its own and I got a message saying "Sync error: the game has ended in a draw." In both cases, Dawn Raid was only used to destroy one item (Bazaar in the first case, Ill Gotten Gains in the second) and was the only thing played on that turn. Hope this is helpful.
    Last edited by Sylnox; 03-22-2017 at 01:13 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for reporting this, I'll look into it

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Thanks for reporting this, I'll look into it
    To help out, I had the game get stuck after play Redux Channel. This may be an assumption because I haven't tested it, but it may be anything with multi-targeting. So I would assume Arcane Blast would have the same result. I'll try testing it and get back to you.

EDIT: Whelp I guess I'm wrong? I tried many multi-target spells like Lightning Strike and Static shock too and they didn't freeze the match. Anyways, if I notice another connection I'll let you know.
    Last edited by Demnchi; 03-22-2017 at 08:11 AM.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenstorm33 View Post
    Hello,

I was just watching a couple of matches and saw two in a row end due to Dawn Raid. In one match, the game got stuck because to one player it looked like it was the other's sac phase while to that player it looked like it was the first player's play phase. In the other match, the game ended on its own and I got a message saying "Sync error: the game has ended in a draw." In both cases, Dawn Raid was only used to destroy one item (Bazaar in the first case, Ill Gotten Gains in the second) and was the only thing played on that turn. Hope this is helpful.
    I'm wondering if you watched a match that was played on a version earlier than 3.172, since those versions were broken and the playback of the replay will also be different due to the code being changed. Did you search a player name (which probably was pre-3.172) and just try watching one of the most recent games (which probably was 3.172).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Would I have been able to watch matches in realtime of people playing on a different version? I actually saw a third instance of this happening after I posted. In both cases where the game did not end on its own, the players acknowledged the problem in chat (they both thought it was the other's turn) and were forced to end the game by offering a draw.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenstorm33 View Post
    Would I have been able to watch matches in realtime of people playing on a different version? I actually saw a third instance of this happening after I posted. In both cases where the game did not end on its own, the players acknowledged the problem in chat (they both thought it was the other's turn) and were forced to end the game by offering a draw.
    We've blocked 3.170 and 3.171 from logging in, so those probably were 3.172 but maybe they never logged out.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I play Dawn Raid myself (last version) and I happened to freeze 3 games in a row :/

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfCyr View Post
    I play Dawn Raid myself (last version) and I happened to freeze 3 games in a row :/
    Do you mean 3.172?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    If it's broke in 3.172, then at what point does it break? After targeting the first item (which triggers that item's destruction) or after targeting the second one (which takes place after the first targeted item was destroyed)?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    On second targeting.