Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Rothem - Dead Man's Britches (Breaches)

So after posting my portal Eladwen build I set off to create a good Logan build. I quickly realized how foolish that was and switched over to Rothem, a hero I had never used before. This is what I am currently using:

Rothem

Yari Bladedancer x4
    Ironhide Karash x4
    Feasterling x3
    Sword Gobbler x3
    Yari Spearman x3
    Slingblade Demon x1

Blood Frenzy x4
    Bad Santa x2
    Smashing Blow x2
    Ascendant of the Horde x1
    War Banner x1
    Enrage x1

Jeweler's Dream x4
    Pithing Spear x2

Arthyle's Pass: Dead Man's Breach x4

There it is. It's good. Try it out if you want. Or not. Slingblade Demon is my absolute favorite part of the deck. Used in conjunction with Arthyle's Pass, Rothem's ability, and a Bladedancer on the board along with another ally typically spells GG that turn or the next. I have faced many different deck types and haven't had serious problems with any of them. You don't need anymore than a handful of resources at the most to run this thing. Don't needlessly sac cards.

I'm also working on a Vess with a similar feel, more attachments and no weapons of course, but even fewer resources needed.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like to set up my sword gobbling with frying pan beats. So good. Try it out.
    Really though... I'd suggest taking that horrible enrage out for another demon. You are trying to win with great speed. That ability is the opposite of what you want. Also needs frostmare.
    While they get meek it's possible to play them after attack or on draw or demon them for a free attack to allies if you don't win the game outright.
    Last edited by Megatog201; 10-26-2016 at 11:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylt View Post
    Could be better than fire snake version.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the suggestions. Maybe I'm not playing him right, but my games tend to drag out when playing Rothem and the Enrage has been invaluable. I keep killing allies until the opponent cannot keep up any longer and then go for the throat. I'm currently sitting at 305 and still winning 70% of my games this season, which includes trying out games with Logan and Vess. I only play a handful of matches a day, at most, but don't remember ever receiving a beat down. I've found myself even slow playing some matches recently and dropping the land, JD, and two allies on a turn with Rothems ability to retake the board. I've also added in 2 vermin, as destroying an ability and a weapon (with smashing blow) on the same turn is another big swing.

Current interation is as above except:

-1 Ironhide Karash
    -1 Sword Gobbler
    -1 Yari Spearman

+2 Rapacious Vermin
    +1 Slingblade Demon

Still working on finding my preferred ally setup.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What's your in game name? I'd like to see some good Roth games. My direction is much different. I play a meat wagon rothem From time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylt View Post
    Could be better than fire snake version.