Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Amber - Queen of Yari

Hey guys. Some time ago I was looking forward to making a proper Amber deck and after 2 months, I can finally be certain of its value and wanted to share it, in case it might be useful to someone (Obviously, feel free to use it)

Hero: Amber Rain
    Yari Bladedancer x4
    Yari Spearman x4
    Yari Vanguard x2
    Xander, Yari Captain x2
    Valiant Defender x2
    Crippling Blow x2
    Retreat! x2
    Bad Santa x2
    Ellos' Resolve x2
    Blood Frenzy x3
    Enrage x2
    Frying Pan x2
    Bazaar x2
    War Banner x2
    Jeweler's Dream x4
    Pride of the Yari x2
    ----------------------------------
    Total: 39 cards + hero = 40 cards (deck).
    Mentions: The deck IS complete. Every card in the deck has been tested to be useful in various contexts. Originally played with an added Rampage , but didn't prove to be so useful overall. (although it can be used like that as well). Having used it in rated, got a maximum rating of 292 with it, but haven't used too much.
    General deck strategy: It's nothing too complicated, having to rate it a difficulty it'd be an "easy" deck to use and get used to. The potential of Amber's weapon enchanting is valued mostly only through the JD, which is used for the 2cc restoring, which, as you can notice in the deck, gives many opportunities such as the bladedancers, or enemy board solving (like retreat or cb).
    Main tactic - Start your turns slowly, you will almost surely permanently have cheap cards in your hand.
    - Build a powerful and, most importantly, consistent board of allies using the dancers and spearmen. (Who have the greatest potential among the allies, as the more they are the stronger they get).
    - The best case scenario is when you have 4cc in your 4th turn to summon a jeweler's dream (you should also be able to buff it) and use the extra 2cc wisely (given the other cheap cards).
    - Always keep your draws in mind, the deck has plenty of card drawing systems and it should be easily to build up fast.
    - The key to winning is obvious, combine all the Yari abilities and forces into a full power face attack, while cleaning the enemy board. Keep in mind Pride of the Yari can do a tremendous turn of the game if you have a proper board at the moment.
    Extras: - Remember bladedancers have a useful ability too
    - Spearmen with ellos are great defenders
    - Sacrifice duplicates, but not spearmen or bladedancers usually. (just usually, depends on the context)
    - YES, Frying pan IS useful in the deck. It's a low cost damage, while also one of the funniest cards in game. No, seriously.
    Last edited by Serqet; 11-19-2016 at 03:00 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Serqet View Post
    YES, Frying pan IS useful in the deck. It's a low cost damage, while also one of the funniest cards in game. No, seriously.
    lol, serious?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    when you say that frying pan is useful in a deck, there is something terribly wrong with that deck
    I milled fat Garth with rush Loest. Twice.
    I stalled Moonstaller with Rothem.
    I played Ter with monopoly cards and 4x toll bridge and managed to win a tournament.
    I cast Portal and Kris in one turn and lived to tell the tale.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dejvo View Post
    when you say that frying pan is useful in a deck, there is something terribly wrong with that deck
    xD Well it's more for fun purposes ^.^ Guess everyone knows they can use War Flail instead