Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

[Theoretical/Experimental] RD Priest

BECAUSE EVERYONE LOVES RD, RIGHT?
    This was originally a zhanna experiment in disorderly deck direction, but I never got anywhere satisfactory with it.
    Flipping through and naming decks, I came back and really wanted to make plague priest work.

So... test time.

===
    Hero: .... really, all the priests have arguing points to be used.
    Zhanna can heal allies, lending them board value.
    Jericho removes BF/CB and other annoying control effects. His ability is however kinda expensive.
    Threbin adds raw swinging power for those bigger annoyinger things. Something is going to get through you eventually.

3x Puwen: basic body. Possibly switch for Blake/Eleanor: 3 attack makes for decent early control. Undecided.
    3x Aldmor Interceptor: Renewable control.
    3x Darklight Apprentice: Burn through SE like nothing. Seriously. Between draw and control, SE generation is a must.
    3x Aldon: Hi.
    2x PoTL: SE disturbance. Hold that early lead.
    3x Devoted Knight: Resources will be destroyed. More resources!
    3x Eternal Troll: Again, control. Self-regenerating board pressure, combined with denying enemy abilities, gives trolls value.
    2x Tainted Oracle: Drawwwww. Elizabeth is another option - but she doesn't offer an attacking body.

3x Ice Storm: For those annoying allies you need to poke a little at. Or mass control. TW at 5 is kinda expensive, and this is one sided. Zail's Hymn is another option.

2x Focused Prayer: You'll need it. This deck isn't that reliable.

3x Plague: RD IS FUN GUYS.
    *I don't know where else I can cut cards. While plague is powerful, it gets most value letting the opponent reach 4 resources, where cobraskin can be played when they're at 3. It's also 4cc, and you won't really ever need the 4th in game.. consistency, against overall value.

4x Cobraskin Wraps: rd rd rd. Maybe 3, by the same logic as above.

4x Wizent's Staff
    2x Glass Chalice of Knowing
    1x Disruptor Field: Might go up to 2.

Total: 41 + Hero
    =====
    The way this deck currently plays, you *need* early control. Is it possible to build higher? Maybe.
    Games tend to last long enough that I end up somehow with 7-8 resources. But early game consistency is key, and early KP is dead.
    Forgiveness helps with that, and with SE needs, but I don't know what I'd cut for them.

There are two possible paths I could take building this: Aldmor allies, or Templar.
    Aldmor has more soft control with interceptor, se maintenance with darklight, and disruptor. Could add scouts and chieftians for a bit of power.

Templar has more direct hitting power. Sabreen, Avenger of the Fallen, Zealous Mystic. Crusader for attachment acceleration. Goes toward becoming standard templar with RD control.

===

I've never actually played Fat Zhanna, so I don't know how the playstyle compares. If you have suggestions, go ahead.
    As of now, this deck plays hard early control, then holds it while denying followup.

===

[Apply organization here. I'm bad at this thinking thing.]

===

Thoughts:
    There are no Sandra's. You always want to be higher in resources. First time to 4cc, she's useful - gives a body as well, unlike cobraskin. But if the timing isn't right, she's a poor body for 4cc.

No TW. Again, games tend to drag on long enough you could use them, but I don't know how useful they are. I never got into priests.

No heavy finisher. It would help end games faster, and thus keep opponents from building resources high enough to be bothersome.

I don't really want to play RD badu, because RD badu is expected...
    IGN Triassen.
    Elementalis <3

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Plague is best used on t8 with another plague. If opp is at 6res, they go down to 2 while you are at 6. Other than that, plague does not guarantee anything great compared other 4cc cards. Double plague is useful in almost every match up though. And can be used in any priest deck independently without other RD cards.

Try adding 4 plague in standard 39 priest deck. Double plague into nathanias or king's pride then haste allies is the winning combo.

Also 4 chalice is a must since it raises the chance of t3 devoted knight going first.
    IGN: Kyltz

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Plague is an intriguing card but it's really not all that good. It costs your opponent 2 resource (2 cards in other words) but it also costs you two cards, one resource and then plague itself. Not to mention it's a big tempo loss at the 4cc spot.

You don't know how useful tidal wave is?!? Let's put it this way.. It's an auto include now and forever that's how useful it is.. In a plague deck it's even more valuable because you lose tempo / board control playing plague.. so Tidal remedies this nicely.. Not to mention that after using plague it's a bit harder for your opponent to restock the board.