Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alendar View Post
    Great cards!

But when Thoughtful Investment is dead even if it was an ally without abilites - it will destroy the resouce anyway.(what we can't say about clockwork solder that will die without abilites.)
    If it has no abilities then the text is treated as blank, so it won't destroy a resource when it dies as an ally. You can already try this via Wand of Izikus.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The new cards are definitely an interesting bunch and I like the direction the mage class is going. My only concern is with this new ice-themed ally "Popsickle".

He can be seen as a kiruth except, like a regular ally, can attack the hero. As a 2-cost, Popsickle won't be particularly able to ward/kill off other 2 or incoming 3-cost opposing allies so it isn't the safest bet for early board presence. For taking down opposing allies, this is where it's ability would come into play but realistically speaking it won't be much help early or late game.

In terms of early gameplay, the closest time to start freezing allies is Freezing Grip on turn 3 and would then take a total of 2 turns for Popsickle to kill your average 4hp ally. This doesn't seem to viable in my opinion as there could be other options for allies and even bulking allies. Although Popsickle would survive hits from opposing allies, it won't from early gameplay cards like Snare trap, NYM or buffed 2-cost allies (Backstab).

Late gameplay may be more difficult to really utilize Popsickle. For good use you would need Popsickle on the board, untouched, to play Voice of Winter, Suspended animation (good combo IMO), or Forgotten Horror. Sure Popsickle is going to be useful but really how useful? It will only be doing a total of 2 damage to a single ally and if you plan on using early buffing methods to really put a dent in your opposing allies, then you better be playing a stall deck to be able to get the whole Popsickle + Buff + Freeze opposing allies.

Sorry for the semi-long critique but I enjoy the Ice-themed decks and this is something I wouldn't add in my decks unless I am getting rid of Kiruth, who will at least give me another body on board with the help of "Lyth: Kristan's Ridge".

I know buffing him would probably make him a little too strong, but if anything I predict Popsickle will see a rejig. Unless someone would show me how to use it effectively that I have not thought of Still love the other cards and can't wait to see the other spoilers!
    IGN: SL Pocketsoul

"It's dangerous business gambling with your soul"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Popsickle - 2cc Mage Ally - Undead - 1ice/4HP - 0: Popsickle attacks target opposing frozen ally if able.
    Equal to a Brutalis with a minor perk.
    Maybe a slight buff is still needed being mage specific card. (All 2 cc cards seem under powered against Warrior's Blade Dancer)
    0: Until the end of your turn Popsickle gains +1 attack and attacks target opposing frozen ally if able.

Subdue - 3cc Mage Attachment Ability - Attach to target opposing ally. That ally has Sustain 1HP and -2 attack. Allies adjacent to that ally have -1 attack.

Leash of Life - 3cc Mage Artifact - While an ally is adjacent to your hero, that ally has immunity to enemy attachments and +1 health and its abilities cost 2 less resources to activate.
    Not a fan of the new “position” based cards. If we’re copying this mechanic from Heathstone, will be adopting the mechanic of determining the position of where we play the cards as well? The concern being SE has some unintuitive logic, which could be extorted if you have the ability to manipulate card positions.

Disarming Personality - 3cc Mage Ability - Target weapon with X base attack becomes a readied ally with X base attack, health equal to its durability and no abilities.
    I don’t see much value in this currently. Would be useful if it was:
    Disarming Personality - 5cc Mage Ability - Target weapon with X base attack becomes a readied ally with X base attack, health equal to its durability, has no abilities and you control the ally.
    Living Ice Wall - 3cc Mage Artifact - While Living Ice Wall is a frozen ally, it has protector. 0SE: If Living Ice Wall is an artifact, it becomes an ally with 2 ice base attack and 5 health and it is frozen for 2 turns.
    Undecided. I think with the 2 turns of being frozen it may need +1 (or more) health. Wait and see on this.

Tempest Runebearer - 3cc Mage Ally - 1electric/5HP - Ability damage to Tempest Runebearer is reduced by 1. While ability damage has been dealt this turn, Tempest Runebearer has +2 attack.
    Likely to have its place it some Shadow decks.
    Suspended Animation - 4cc Mage Ability - Target item in a graveyard is returned to play under your control as an ally with 2 ice base attack, 3 health and no abilities: all opposing allies are frozen for 1 turn.
    Seems quite overpowered. Gaining a 2/3 ally (2 cc worth) and freezing all opposing allies (thus only costing 2cc) with the requirement of an item in the grave. (easily achieved and the item can be resued after the 2/3 ally is killed)

Overall not overwhelmed by the new Mage specific cards. It is good to see some ice themed mage deck support as well as a focus on control over burn.
    Last edited by ShrapnelFox; 11-21-2016 at 04:36 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ShrapnelFox View Post
    Not a fan of the new “position” based cards. If we’re copying this mechanic from Heathstone, will be adopting the mechanic of determining the position of where we play the cards as well? The concern being SE has some unintuitive logic, which could be extorted if you have the ability to manipulate card positions.
    I agree. I don't think these types of position based mechanics fit well with SE since SRO is already so reliant on positions.. Adding this seems to thematically conflict with SE's foundation

Quote Originally Posted by ShrapnelFox View Post
    Undecided. I think with the 2 turns of being frozen it may need +1 (or more) health. Wait and see on this.
    Maybe, but dont forget that Aramia can put this thing in play for free

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If it has no abilities then the text is treated as blank, so it won't destroy a resource when it dies as an ally. You can already try this via Wand of Izikus.
    I wrote it because I have tried. And all is playing as i sayed. Maybe I need to try in 3.16...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by neratza713 View Post
    Living Ice Wall - 3cc Mage Artifact - While Living Ice Wall is a frozen ally, it has protector. 0SE: If Living Ice Wall is an artifact, it becomes an ally with 2 ice base attack and 5 health and it is frozen for 2 turns.
    -mediocre at best. A free ally for aramia every 4 turns. AT LEAST make it 4/5 and frozen, so that cards like Rejuvenating Ritual might see some play.
    If you want to use Rejuvenating Ritual to good effect, try out my Witch Doctor Eladwen deck. In fact, a few of these cards would fit very well into that deck I would imagine.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    we are back #switchtomindlesseladwin
    ign: SK Frost2

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The ice theme got me really interested in LL Part 2. Looking forward to the new set.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    very good items for aramia.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ohh buddy im loving it. Bring on all the mage cards. Awesomnessz!!!

Sent from my LG-V496 using Tapatalk