Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Oggy's guide to meltdown deck building

Hello, and welcome to my guide on deck building. Now, you may be asking one of two things:
    If you aren't familiar with me: who is this Oggy guy?
    If you are: Oggy's horrible at shadow era, why on earth is he writing a guide?
    And the answer to both questions is: I'm a mediocre meltdown player (70℅ in the last 20 games, went 6-1-0 today) who would like to share some tips.

1. Don't just add every card you open. Whilst this is temptingly easy, as the game does it for you (why? I don't know), ALWAYS click clear then re select your hero.
    2. Re-roll. One of the best things in meltdown is being able to control trades. If you dont open a hero who allows you to dictate what trades with what (I.e eladwen, skervox, moonstalker) then you can change your combinations of packs until you get one! If you are in a hurry, you can pick a tier 2 hero (anything which removes creatures, the best out of these is victor, as there are lots of hunter 1 damage spells I.e poisoned arrow)
    3. Add ALL the allies. If you open less than ten, re-roll. This is crucial as allies are what you need to beat down your opponent.
    4. CotC packs are the best. I haven't discovered this on my own, but E2E pat jay wrote an excellent article on meltdown which I believe is stickied in strategy. Give it a read!
    5. Don't sacrifice if there's no need to. You win in meltdown if you can accrue value by not saccing and by going 2-1 with your cards, whilst keeping up with the tempo so you don't die and are able to beat down your opponent.
    6. Removal is premium. If you get removal, take it. You can kill an opposing threat and/or preserve the life of one of your allies, a very useful ability. Some removal (I.e fireball) also acts as reach, which is very useful.

I think that's it. Hopefully I didn't miss anything. Let me know if this helps or if there is anyway I could correct/improve it!

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Great points. You could extend them some more and give examples tho, to help new players understand. Points like:

"5. Don't sacrifice if there's no need to. You win in meltdown if you can accrue value by not saccing and by going 2-1 with your cards, whilst keeping up with the tempo so you don't die and are able to beat down your opponent."

Are pretty loaded with difficult concepts like Tempo and Sac decisions. I think some examples would be more helpfull here.
    IGN: BP AmberFade
    TG: @AmberFade

WotBP Trophy Room:Achievements
    Legendary Blademaster of Gaderi
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn