Close

Junior Member Piercing Serenity's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Consolidated Place to View nuances of game rules

Is there a place I (or anyone else) can go to learn more about how different words, terms, and punctuation are defined by shadowera? I ask because I found myself learning many small nuances about what card wording means by reading through individual card ruling posts, and that was inefficient.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    not sure if it's up to date but there is a rulebook http://cf.shadowera.com/shadowera_rulebook_v1.0.pdf

(these rules still all apply but the are things like "seek" now that arent in there)
    A1 - Evolution in Theory

How to join A1

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    The release of the updated rulebook is long overdue and I apologise for that. The game itself defines how things work, so you should be able to learn from using the cards or observing how they work when they are used against you.

I think that's why we've gotten away with not re-releasing the rulebook yet. Any behaviour that doesn't make sense can be raised for a Card Ruling or maybe a Bug Report.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Will be fine to have rule section in WIKI for every card separately too. WIKI can be very nice thing, but for now its almost empty...
    IGN: TJ Maskee - Proud member of Team Juggernauts !

Junior Member Piercing Serenity's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    The release of the updated rulebook is long overdue and I apologise for that. The game itself defines how things work, so you should be able to learn from using the cards or observing how they work when they are used against you.

I think that's why we've gotten away with not re-releasing the rulebook yet. Any behaviour that doesn't make sense can be raised for a Card Ruling or maybe a Bug Report.
    I understand that you can learn the nuances of the game by playing it - I've been playing off and on for a good while now. But surely even a compilation of the rules that have been explained in the Card Ruling section would be better than players learning something new because - as is almost always the case - the cards did not work as they expected. It's just a set up for NPE.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Piercing Serenity View Post
    Is there a place I (or anyone else) can go to learn more about how different words, terms, and punctuation are defined by shadowera? I ask because I found myself learning many small nuances about what card wording means by reading through individual card ruling posts, and that was inefficient.
    Hi Serenity,

You’re not the first person to 'seek' for such a thing!
    See the 'facts' link in my post signature and feel free to add anything you've learnt which hasn't been added already by someone.

Hope this helps with learning all those quirky behaviours of the cards.