Close

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Preview of Balance Changes for 3.16

Hi all!

A new version with some new features is almost upon us, and the World Championships are not far away, so we thought now would be a good time to address some under-costed draw cards from Shattered Fates and Lost Lands, and make a few other minor changes to Shattered Fates too.

Before I start though, I want to make a statement regarding the Seek mechanic we introduced in Lost Lands Part 1.

From the outset, players have rightfully declared the Seek mechanic to be very strong ... and we've agreed with them! But we saw it as essential for raising the viability of more tightly-coupled combo-oriented decks and we're very happy with how that's gone. However, we're not that happy with how the raw value being given by some Seek cards has made them show up in more places than we expected and/or impact balance in some unfavourable ways.

To combat this, in 3.16, we're establishing a higher default activation cost for this special type of draw, which will now be 2 Shadow Energy (as found on Aldmor Artisan and Twilight Luminary already) and we've taken away the ability to build a deck around fetching hero attachments.

Without further ado, here are the changes to tackle under-costed draw and seeking of hero attachments:

Hunter’s Gambit - Cost increased to 3cc (from 2cc). Ability changed to "Attach to target opposing ally. That ally has -2 health. When Hunter's Gambit is destroyed, draw 2 cards." (from "Attach to target opposing ally. That ally has -1 health. When Hunter's Gambit is destroyed, draw 2 cards.").

Confluence of Fate - Cost increased to 4cc (from 3cc).

Vigilant Wisp - Health increased to 5HP (from 4HP). Activation cost changed to 2SE (from 2cc).

General of Unaxio - Cost reduced to 5cc (from 6cc). Ability changed to "When General of Unaxio is summoned, you may seek an attachment that can't attach to a hero." (from "While you control a Templar ally, General of Unaxio costs 1 less resource to summon. When General of Unaxio is summoned, you may seek an attachment.").

Aldmor Scout - Health increased to 4HP (from 3HP). Activation cost increased to 2SE (from 1SE).

Whilst you probably won't agree with all of the above changes, I hope you can appreciate it's only draw and there are still just the same number of draw options for every hero ... but just more appropriately costed. (And, in all but one case, there was some compensation given for the loss rather than it being straight nerf.)

With the draw changes out of the way, we can now get onto the other changes to Shattered Fates:

Wulven Tactician - Ability changed to "While every ally you control is a Wulven ally and you control no weapons or armor, opposing abilities and items cost 1 additional resource to summon." (from "While every ally you control is a Wulven ally, opposing abilities and items cost 1 additional resource to summon.").

Gold-Laced Shield - Defence value reduced to 1 (from 2). Durability increased to 4 (from 3).

Helm of Saymeht - Durability reduced to 3 (from 4). Ability changed to "1D: Target weapon in your graveyard with cost 4 or less is returned to play with 2 durability." (from "1D: Target weapon in your graveyard with cost 4 or less is returned to play with 1 durability.").

Sword of Might - Durability increased to 4 (from 3).

Spirit Shuriken - Ability changed to "1SE: If there are at least 3 opposing allies in play, target opposing ally is killed and Spirit Shuriken loses 1 durability." (from "1SE: If there are at least 3 opposing allies in play, target opposing ally is killed.").

As always, we're interested in your views on these and I'm sure other people will be too, so feel free to post your thoughts below.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    "I hope you can appreciate it's only draw"

As draw is not so important in shadow era... (i'm ironic)

I just wait for testing it before doing any further consideration.
    IGN: 17 paxvobiscum
    Telegram @paxvobiscu

1lluminati in 7enebris
    Shadow Era Italia
    http://se-italia.forumcommunity.net/

When I was Young I played better:
    https://se-italia.forumcommunity.net...entry412546954

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reasonable changes

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    very good changes epsecially on aldmor scout because it had the most op seek ability. also good change for general of unaxio so now solo gwenneth is not so annoying anymore. cof got a needed nerf and i hope it will be more balanced now. also im glad wulven tacitician was nerfed because baduruu could lock the game so easy with resource destruction and wulven tactician and emore.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    banebow says thank you
    Why are you nerfing draw and at the same time going to increase deck min to 50? That seems strange
    I milled fat Garth with rush Loest. Twice.
    I stalled Moonstaller with Rothem.
    I played Ter with monopoly cards and 4x toll bridge and managed to win a tournament.
    I cast Portal and Kris in one turn and lived to tell the tale.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Wow Hunter gambit why not buff bane bow then now the question banebow will put a allie or only huntergambit on turn 5 its like soory huntergambit itself taking cc of allies lol

Really thanx now vic need 7 cc to haste a cat 7 cc most likely game is over for vic

Baddurru lol tactician + gambit both killed
    Lol thanx for ur time baddurru u are no more going to kill any thing

Vigilant visp lol if u guys going to buff him again same the wth nerf him
    Proud Member Of The Blue Phoenix

IGN -: BP Itachi Uchiha
    Telegram -: @itachiuchiiha

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have been around for a while and this is one of the worst patches this game has ever seen.

CoF nerf is ridiculous. There are 2 decktypes abusing this card at the moment. The first one is Vess and the second one are Lakmire decks. Your nerf does nothing to stop them from doing that. Instead you make normal attachment decks even slower and therefore worse and its not like they are in a great place in the current aggro meta. How about make the cost of it not reducable? That would nerf Vess and Lakmire by reducing their tempo for using it without ruining other decks.

Vigilant Wisp nerf officially killed many Homunculus deck builds (such as Amber ) and this card wont ever be used after this nerf. I dont see any reason to do that its not like Homunculus decks are insanely broken right now or anything. A further step to reduce deck diversity.

Gambit nerf, really? Banebow is already in a bad place and Victor needs now 7 CC to proc the bobcat combo. This card was fine as it was.

Tactician change was really good way to nerf the ridiculous RD wulven baduruu without killing the card, good job there.

Aldmore scout nerf justified aswell, now aldmore decks will have to work harder to keep their SE generation alive.

Other changes are okay-ish, sword of might will never be used in its current form tho, you should consider reworking the card.

To sum it up Wisp, CoF and Gambit nerfs are a trainwreck and I really hope it doesnt go live like this.
    Last edited by AmberFade; 10-20-2016 at 01:34 PM.
    IGN: BP AmberFade
    TG: @AmberFade

WotBP Trophy Room:Achievements
    Legendary Blademaster of Gaderi
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I thought gambit was fine as it was. The nerf was not necessary.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You only need 5cc to hastensure bobcat using pack a extra.
    Last edited by Phantom; 10-20-2016 at 01:21 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by AmberFade View Post
    I have been around for a while and this is one of the worst patches this game has ever seen.

CoF nerf is ridiculous. There are 2 decktypes abusing this card at the moment. The first one is Vess and the second one are Lakmire decks. Your nerf does nothing to stop them from doing that. Instead you make normal attachment decks even slower and therefore worse and its not like they are in a great place in the current aggro meta. How about make the cost of it not reducable? That would nerf Vess and Lakmire by reducing their tempo for using it without ruining other decks.
    Agree. This basically kills Fat vic decks. Why would I cast CoF for 4cc when I can cast WoTF? Attachment Zhanna still gets -1 with Divine connection and while there are 1cc attachments she can still abuse it. At least they could remove CoF cap.

Vigilant Wisp nerf officially killed many Homunculus deck builds (such as Amber ) and this card wont ever be used after this nerf. I dont see any reason to do that its not like Homunculus decks are insanely broken right now or anything. A further step to reduce deck diversity.
    Exactly

Gambit nerf, really? Banebow is already in a bad place and Victor needs now 7 CC to proc the bobcat combo. This card was fine as it was.
    I don't agree, this is huge help for Banebow, now going 2nd he can kill 4 health ally in T3 and draw cards. This is huge buff for him, it also helps Baduruu quite a lot. Vic will be hurt by this most.
    I milled fat Garth with rush Loest. Twice.
    I stalled Moonstaller with Rothem.
    I played Ter with monopoly cards and 4x toll bridge and managed to win a tournament.
    I cast Portal and Kris in one turn and lived to tell the tale.