Close

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShrapnelFox View Post
    Hello,

Out of interest what was the reason for 'nerfing' the ability to seek attachments that can be attached to heroes?
    Was seeking a blood frenzy or confluence of fate at turn 6 (or 5 with another templar in play), and played on turn 7 (6 etc) considered over powered?
    Hero attachments have always been inherently balanced (or at least constrained) by there being no way to find them other than luck, the limit of 4 copies and the requirement to run 4 copies to boost your luck. Unless it's a really key hero attachment, most people did not even run 4 copies because the extra copies after you have found one became redundant. Enter General of Unaxio, who can both boost the chances for those you really want (that you still run 4 copies of) and also allow you to run fewer copies of lesser ones and still find them. After careful review, we decided we didn't like the impact he was having.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Hero attachments have always been inherently balanced (or at least constrained) by there being no way to find them other than luck, the limit of 4 copies and the requirement to run 4 copies to boost your luck. Unless it's a really key hero attachment, most people did not even run 4 copies because the extra copies after you have found one became redundant. Enter General of Unaxio, who can both boost the chances for those you really want (that you still run 4 copies of) and also allow you to run fewer copies of lesser ones and still find them. After careful review, we decided we didn't like the impact he was having.
    By interpolating current changes is my call this - 3.19 general will have 8 lines of text (other seek stuff 5) and 3.20 will cancel seek
    I milled fat Garth with rush Loest. Twice.
    I stalled Moonstaller with Rothem.
    I played Ter with monopoly cards and 4x toll bridge and managed to win a tournament.
    I cast Portal and Kris in one turn and lived to tell the tale.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You have given us a very good reason why we should stick with the good old fireballs, as they will never be changed.
    Solo decks may look lame for some. But at least it was a workable playing style. Now solo Gwen and Jericho are officially certified dead.
    IGN KA Wongtinlong or Wongheungwing
    Highest Scoring Player of Seasons 28 and 29
    Favorite hero : Jericho when I use him
    Hero I hate the most : Jericho when others use him
    I have 2 full sets of SE digital cards to prepare for the 2 v 2

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by wongheungwing View Post
    You have given us a very good reason why we should stick with the good old fireballs, as they will never be changed.
    Solo decks may look lame for some. But at least it was a workable playing style. Now solo Gwen and Jericho are officially certified dead.
    Solo and semi-solo Gwen are tournament viable and commonly used in non-hero lock events.

I'm not 100% sure what you are complaining about.

Yes the change to General made then worse but they will still do what they are meant to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk