Close

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz92zaq View Post
    Gambit is getting changed because of recursion with Victor. 2cc for 2 cards in a vacuum is fine particularly when there is a drawback involved.
    First of all, gambit is getting "nerfed" because it was undercosted as Gondorian says. Not because particular hero abused it or anything. It was op for the cost.

They were both 2cc 2 draw but

1. Hit list has no condition to cast while gambit requires opposing ally.
    2. It can be casted whenever you can spend 2cc, so it's better than gambit.
    3. You can choose when to activate and draw, better than gambit.
    4. Multiple copies of hit list can be activated in a turn with just one condition, which is impossible with gambit.
    5. Since you can draw cards from your ally's death , it's more versatile and still usable against solo deck, so overall better than gambit.

And then there are ways to support hit list being an item (Lily, smuggler, cloak etc.) But same can be said to gambit being an attachment so I wouldn't compare that part.

Gambit is supposedly getting nerfed (which I don't think it's necessarily a nerf) because it was undercosted. Hit list is as good as gambit, if not better so i think it should be changed to more appropriate cost or nerf the effect.
    Last edited by Kylt; 10-22-2016 at 06:35 AM.
    IGN: Kyltz

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gambit change stops T3 crusader -> T4 Bobbit, which is nice. In other respects, there are times when -2 HEA will be amazing, and times 3cc will be annoying. We will see.

Seek nerf: Yess. Yes yes yes.
    General was buffed again though, but with CoF nerf, it might not be as annoying.

CoF Nerf: It's a neutral ability that gives you things for having it. What more can you want?
    WoTF, IGG are both class specific interactive triggers. CoF is just feeding you cards.
    Lakmire ele: Hit or miss still. Just use non-retreat removal. (CB, CP, etc...). Lakmire + Ally + Exaltation + (CoF) + (Shriek) is a 3-5 card combo.

Tactician change: Good. Still powerful, still annoying, but less consistent badu traitor wildfang/hbm tactician draw draw draw smash

[Mass of item changes]: Ohey those cards exist.

Spirit Shuriken nerf: hmmmm... it'll be less annoying to go against for sure, but I don't honestly see it that much anymore. It was always just a thing to be wary of before, and it swung a few games, but not enough I feel the nerf was warranted.
    IGN Triassen.
    Elementalis <3

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Preview of Balance Changes for 3.16

Quote Originally Posted by Kylt View Post
    First of all, gambit is getting "nerfed" because it was undercosted as Gondorian says. Not because particular hero abused it or anything. It was op for the cost.

4. Multiple copies of hit list can be activated in a turn with just one condition, which is impossible with gambit.
    5. Since you can draw cards from your ally's death , it's more versatile and still usable against solo deck, so overall better than gambit.

And then there are ways to support hit list being an item (Lily, smuggler, cloak etc.) But same can be said to gambit being an attachment so I wouldn't compare that part.

Gambit is supposedly getting nerfed (which I don't think it's necessarily a nerf) because it was undercosted. Hit list is as good as gambit, if not better so i think it should be changed to more appropriate cost or nerf the effect.

I don't care what the claim is, Gambit is getting changed because people complained about Victor. Gambit is getting buffed for BB and Duru and people definitely were not complaining about Gwen and Ythan being OP (besides the fact that Ythan probably benefits from the change, though Gwen gets worse I think.)

So yes as a simple draw 2 hit list is better, the way Victor was able to use Gambit changed the equation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvsklown View Post
    Reducing the ease of drawing cards will open the use of other cards in this game. It's about time we saw some actual balancing. Cof was too damn easy and over used by too many heros. Seek got some nerf too love that. Again too damn easy. If you liked the stale meta of the past year then I'm sorry, but this game just got better.
    Could not agree more. The game was becoming stale. ( but still fun to play ) But there was little imagination and variety in deck building. It seems So many decks have become cloned. Most players quickly know their opponents deck and what they are attempting and often the outcome is based on who gets what into play first. Like tennis the game needs good volleys to be entertaining. BADURUU although very efficient, i think is boring to play, it's pretty much always the same game. GRAVEBONE has become infected with the undead. GWENNETH hides in the woods when she not doing her rain dances. the Priests clutter the board with attachments and items and then there was all those Templar Cape discard decks. I think I'll like these changes. It will certainly challenge my Tower Victor decks but that's not a bad thing. Because now it's not so easy to set up your Hero means you have to rethink your strategy and so tactics will come into play more. It doesn't benefit the evolution of the game if there is only one efficient way to play any Hero. These changes disrupt the playing field and hopefully open up new possibilities, until they get nerfed. As long as they leave Bad Santa alone I'll always have draw options

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i think neutral unilateral draw should alway be more costly than class draw so it's good to change CoF

change to gambit is an interesting one, we'll see

looking forward to class boost in LL2

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't care what the claim is, Gambit is getting changed because people complained about Victor. Gambit is getting buffed for BB and Duru and people definitely were not complaining about Gwen and Ythan being OP (besides the fact that Ythan probably benefits from the change, though Gwen gets worse I think.)

So yes as a simple draw 2 hit list is better, the way Victor was able to use Gambit changed the equation.

The recursion is still there and the card is better but it's a nerf for Victor?
    Evolving Through Change

"I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met Jasmine. We ate lobster, drank Piņa Coladas. At sunset we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over and over and over?"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The point is they are trying to minimize the effect some cards have that make the game easier. Seek IS powerful, Extreme drawing per round MAKES the game easier and isn't as fun as it used to be.

A couple of years ago only one fat garth deck existed. And now any one with 4 gambit, 4 generals and 52 cards of anything else makes a decent deck.
    Well now at least the game brings deck building, trimming and some thought process back to the game.
    And if anyone wants to play a 65 card victor, will it be a loss of tempo if he draws his cof in his opening hand and not play it t3 as he used to? Heck, he will be lucky to draw it in his first 15 cards. And there are next to no cof-dependent-close-to-40 card decks. Cof needs a lot of attachments to work and even close to 45 is really difficult. So, it is a secondary draw and not primary anyway.

Only attachment lance get hit by this. Well, make zailen's ability to work on heroes too. Case closed. Then gwen might see some play even w/o generals.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Xander Spitfire View Post
    The recursion is still there and the card is better but it's a nerf for Victor?
    It forces Victor to use it differently. Before it was pay 2 kill an ally draw 2 pay 3 is a huge difference.

There are ways he will benefit from the change but depending how people adapt it is likely a slight nerf.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylt View Post

LOL and now you can compare Hit List to Bloodmoon and Scriptures of the Righteous :-)

No, getting 2 cards from 2cc conditional card with no ability is definately not that good... Gambit was way better than Hit List, bcs it has ability to reduce ally health and it has many many combo play options.
    IGN: TJ Maskee - Proud member of Team Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It forces Victor to use it differently. Before it was pay 2 kill an ally draw 2 pay 3 is a huge difference.

There are ways he will benefit from the change but depending how people adapt it is likely a slight nerf.

I was being sarcastic. I'll be very surprised if it's not a strong buff for all the Hunter's class including Victor.
    Evolving Through Change

"I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met Jasmine. We ate lobster, drank Piņa Coladas. At sunset we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over and over and over?"