Close

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Xander Spitfire View Post
    That's the problem, we aren't not guinea pigs for your experiment.
    since when? it has always been like this and it is a good thing they listen to the community and take advice from us. if anything this speaks against having a playtest group because the community know better what is ok and what is not.

it is so funny how some players always says this change will kill this card and so on but then when the new version hits the cards see play anyway for example the changes to cof from 2cc to 3cc and the last changes to sosilo and garina. the locations are still good but not op. and cof was still op when raised to 3cc but some said it would die. cof at 4cc is still a great card and it will be played still. and i have read some say homonculus will die now with the change to wisp but please the wisp seek ability is not the foundation of a sucessful homonculus deck. so many times i see players draw wrong conclusions and then complain about them i wonder if they even have played the game in qm.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by mindy View Post
    since when? it has always been like this and it is a good thing they listen to the community and take advice from us. if anything this speaks against having a playtest group because the community know better what is ok and what is not.

it is so funny how some players always says this change will kill this card and so on but then when the new version hits the cards see play anyway for example the changes to cof from 2cc to 3cc and the last changes to sosilo and garina. the locations are still good but not op. and cof was still op when raised to 3cc but some said it would die. cof at 4cc is still a great card and it will be played still. and i have read some say homonculus will die now with the change to wisp but please the wisp seek ability is not the foundation of a sucessful homonculus deck. so many times i see players draw wrong conclusions and then complain about them i wonder if they even have played the game in qm.
    1) cof : decks like attachment lance are dead
    2) sosiolo-garina: almost 0 players play them(at a good rating)

Sometimes a change is trully needed but ends up killing a card...
    Some might say better to promote using a lot of diff cards but imo some cards help divercity of the game and should be left itact.
    A1 - Evolution in Theory

How to join A1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i have seen several garina player at 300 rating and sosilo aramia is still strong she can even dig for burns now faster to finish late game because sosilo lets you draw instantly now. and cof lance is true i havent seen lately but that doesnt mean it doesnt work. cof lance is still good but players just dont think much and didnt even try with new 3cc cof and gave up instantly because they cant abuse t2 cof and t3 zailen + attachment anymore. and funny enough garina lance is more common now and also good. the only recent change that killed a deck was embers change and that even i predicted when it was announced.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by mindy View Post
    since when?
    That's the point. When you are being told the new version itself is the ultimate proof or not whether they were a good idea, I can't help but wonder if they know what they are doing at all. They don't have a good track record with the previous balances changes most of them leading to the death of several cards or the rise of other cards to OP level (Sledge Hammer, Stardust, Sosilo to name a few) who would be changed again (and again).

Timing is also questionnable with only a few weeks before WC.
    Evolving Through Change

"I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met Jasmine. We ate lobster, drank Piña Coladas. At sunset we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over and over and over?"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Next op draw is Hit List. I now use it in every rogue deck. T4 hit list + 2cc into rogue's mid game with AB and stuff is the best move now. IGG is often second optimal play.

Gambit is getting changed but Hit List is left untouched?
    IGN: Kyltz

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymos View Post
    1) cof : decks like attachment lance are dead
    2) sosiolo-garina: almost 0 players play them(at a good rating)

Sometimes a change is trully needed but ends up killing a card...
    Some might say better to promote using a lot of diff cards but imo some cards help divercity of the game and should be left itact.
    Attachment Lance may be dead, but that doesn't mean confluence will be. It'll just go into less aggressive decks. Sosilo and garina do see play, they're still pretty good cards. I play lyth, the least used location currently, in 300+ rating, and I win a large number of games with it. Just because top people don't like playing it doesn't make it "dead", it doesn't even make it weak. It just means top rated players prefer to play decks that are proven, and only a small number of them try playing the weird/new decks.
    Shadow of the Night
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Seeker of potential, hidden from the light
    Teacher from the darkness, the Shadow of The Night
    To you I bring my knowledge, hidden from plain sight
    And write it in my blog, bringing new things to the fight

IGN: BP Umbra Nox

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylt View Post
    Next op draw is Hit List. I now use it in every rogue deck. T4 hit list + 2cc into rogue's mid game with AB and stuff is the best move now. IGG is often second optimal play.

You can´t compare Hit List with Gambit, and less now with its change. Gambit gives you a -2 health on any player and can also be used for ally control besides its draw purpose, while Hit List does nothing until its condition is met.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra7 View Post
    Attachment Lance may be dead, but that doesn't mean confluence will be. It'll just go into less aggressive decks. Sosilo and garina do see play, they're still pretty good cards. I play lyth, the least used location currently, in 300+ rating, and I win a large number of games with it. Just because top people don't like playing it doesn't make it "dead", it doesn't even make it weak. It just means top rated players prefer to play decks that are proven, and only a small number of them try playing the weird/new decks.
    Attachment Lance is completely playable without CoF. Rogues have access to enough cantrips they dont need dedicated draw engine.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Attachment lance was not that good without COF. With COF at 3 its decent but at 4 its again non relevant
    COF at 4 also hurts Vess especially going second. You can't play t3 drop with COF no more which means COF is bad for T3 play. This makes Vess even slower and we can't say he is a T1 these days
    In the beginning the Universe was created.
    This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

IGN: TJ Segalion - Green Creatures from other planets can also go Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylt View Post

Gambit is getting changed because of recursion with Victor. 2cc for 2 cards in a vacuum is fine particularly when there is a drawback involved.