Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallantir View Post
    Hey, I am new to the game and really enjoy it a lot.

One question:

Camouflaged foe gives you a 'krugal ally'. It does not say 'hunter' ally so there is no synergy with i.e. Rain of Arrows. Was this intended?

Thanks for clearing that up for me.
    Hi. It's a Hunter card that changed from trap to ally, so it is still a Hunter ally.

To answer a question a bit further up: Beetle Demon Bow is not a Hunter card (it does not say Hunter in the type line) so does not become a Hunter ally (just as Soulbound Armor does not become an Elemental ally) but it does retain its Bow attack when it becomes an ally, so it will work with Sneerkrug.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Sneerkrug - 3cc Hunter Ally - Krugal - Unique - 2bow/4HP - Defender. Other friendly allies with Bow attack can't be attacked while Sneerkrug is undamaged.
    I think the design of this card is terrible. So first was attacking, then was defender to prevent from attacking, then wulven predator and ythan to prevent from defender, then this to prevent from predator and ythan ... Is there any limit of iterations? Won't there be a card soon with text "allies cant prevent other allies from attacking allies protected by protector" ??? I just don't think we need this.

On the plus side, I loooooove camouflaged foe, best design ever.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by magorules View Post
    I think the design of this card is terrible. So first was attacking, then was defender to prevent from attacking, then wulven predator and ythan to prevent from defender, then this to prevent from predator and ythan
    I think you've confused defender (does combat damage to attacker first when defending) with stealth (can't be attacked).

But as with Valiant Defender and Eleanor, this is not stealth. As you say, there are explicit counters for stealth, but this is not stealth and that's deliberate. Sneerkrug is so loud and obnoxious that he demands attention while unwounded, so his other gang members can't be attacked until then.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i dont think rain of arrows can work if you have one ally that is exhausted because it says you have to exhaust all your allies after using it. so you can not summon an ally and then play rain of arrows to get immediate effect that counts that ally in damage calculation. so it is not as strong like some players think.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    I think you've confused defender (does combat damage to attacker first when defending) with stealth (can't be attacked)..
    Ouch! I mistaken defender with protector, I'm sorry!

So, it has defender and something similar to protector.

I love this game, but I am a bit worried about the redundacy of effects. Freeze and Disabled are basically the same, but there is also Sword Thief, Medusil and Rosecult with effects that are a fraction of the original ones. Poison and Burning are exactly the same too, now we have stealth opposed to princess of ellos, valiant defender and now Sneerkug ...

I see too may things too similar between them, and imho as new cards are created this redundancy should be fading, not increasing.

Would it be so different to make Sneerkrug give stealth to friendly allies with bow attack? You could balance it in other ways if you want it to keep the same power level, but it would be simpler and more readable. Do you need it stop having its effect when damaged? Why not when killed, thus removing the "while not damaged" instance?

I see it too complex for too little reason.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by magorules View Post
    Ouch! I mistaken defender with protector, I'm sorry!

So, it has defender and something similar to protector.

I love this game, but I am a bit worried about the redundacy of effects. Freeze and Disabled are basically the same, but there is also Sword Thief, Medusil and Rosecult with effects that are a fraction of the original ones. Poison and Burning are exactly the same too, now we have stealth opposed to princess of ellos, valiant defender and now Sneerkug ...

I see too may things too similar between them, and imho as new cards are created this redundancy should be fading, not increasing.
    Having these different versions of similar effects can be a good thing also. Disable and Frozen may do the same thing, but they aren't considered the same thing to every card. Like Alignments they create the ability to have cards that interact with them. Shatter Ice and Krugal Butcher being great examples. Krugal Butcher can't kill a Frozen ally, but Shatter Ice can. Shatter Ice can't kill a disabled ally, but Krugal Butcher can. Changing which cards these effects can be used on is a great tool and also much more flavorful in my opinion.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lost Lands Part 2 Hunter Class Spoilers

Master trap setter into krugal trapper might be a good synergi. Would allow for two allies and a trap on board at t2. Give hunters a more aggro feel to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoops just looked up trapsetter. Thought his ability was cost 0. No synergi there until t4.
    Last edited by Ballyworld; 10-20-2016 at 04:58 PM.
    IGN: E2E BallyWorld
    Common Hero: Victor, Serena, and Gwyn

Resident Sapper and Proud Member of E2E: Enlisted to Endure.

"For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found." Luke 15:24
    "This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." Romans 3:22-24

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    Krugal Butcher can't kill a Frozen ally, but Shatter Ice can. Shatter Ice can't kill a disabled ally, but Krugal Butcher can. Changing which cards these effects can be used on is a great tool and also much more flavorful in my opinion.
    It's still basically the same. Krugal Butcher can only kill poisoned or disabled allies, it's a hunter ally ... And hunters can only poison or disable allies, not freezing or burning them.

With mages there is a bit more of space (they can burn, disable, poison, freeze ...) But more or less, they usually freeze and not much more.

In any case, I see the worst offender in Sneerkrug; make him give stealth as long as he's on the battlefield, and it will be basically the same with less than half the rules text.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mindy View Post
    i dont think rain of arrows can work if you have one ally that is exhausted because it says you have to exhaust all your allies after using it. so you can not summon an ally and then play rain of arrows to get immediate effect that counts that ally in damage calculation. so it is not as strong like some players think.
    They don't have to be unexhausted. They just can't have attacked. If it said: "Exhaust all friendly allies: ..." or it was worded like Assassination then being unexhausted would be a requirement. The whole idea of this card was to be able to drop allies and use this card to get something from them even without haste, as mentioned in the article. Beyond that, you can use it later if attacking is less preferable to ability damage.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    if thats the case then maybe this card will be too strong but i look forward to trying it out. and i like that krugal lookout has a great synergy with change of plans so you cna benefit much from enemy that have full ahnds. now i just hope there will be more synergy with change of plans in the future. maybe an expensive ally that has reduced cost for each card you have drawn this turn. that way you can gamble with change of plans and hope you draw the expensive ally.