Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have to say limiting the wc to only those who can make it the weekend following thanksgiving is just bad planning. I among many others will be traveling for the holiday and won't have the entire weekend to donate to SE. I suppose asking for a different weekend is out of the question? Sorry Nana I can't come to thanksgiving I have to play cards.

This is too limited should have been something like a monthly pop up where winners make the wc. Now only players from this one weekends and a few other tourneys make it in. If I would have known this was the wc I would have entered all those other tourneys that had the wc ticket.

I agree the best players won't be found using this method. Just the best players from that weekend, who could make it.
    Last edited by Dvsklown; 10-19-2016 at 10:14 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvsklown View Post
    I have to say limiting the wc to only those who can make it the weekend following thanksgiving is just bad planning. I among many others will be traveling for the holiday and won't have the entire weekend to donate to SE. I suppose asking for a different weekend is out of the question? Sorry Nana I can't come to thanksgiving I have to play cards.

This is too limited should have been something like a monthly pop up where winners make the wc. Now only players from this one weekends and a few other tourneys make it in. If I would have known this was the wc I would have entered all those other tourneys that had the wc ticket.

I agree the best players won't be found using this method. Just the best players from that weekend, who could make it.
    Exactly

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gondo,
    I like the format. Thanks for setting this up. It is great that there are more ways to qualify than ever before.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No way a pop up regional will attract enough business. .. you wouldn't even need skill to get to wc ... u would just need available for 6 hours ... really not a fan of this format for regionals and wildcard

I'm hoping you rethink this all through ... no disrespect but alot of us are not happy at all ... it's not being fair to the busier players
    Duelers Ascent : Leader
    Tellegram : @DaEzio

DA Website : http://duelistascent.simdif.com/

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

There should be some other qualifying events as well, but since I do not know when they will be I have only announced these key dates. Mid-week in early December sounds like it will work for some people, so we'll see what we can do - the hope is to use the automated tournament system in game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultim4te M4yhem View Post
    No way a pop up regional will attract enough business. .. you wouldn't even need skill to get to wc ... u would just need available for 6 hours ... really not a fan of this format for regionals and wildcard

I'm hoping you rethink this all through ... no disrespect but alot of us are not happy at all ... it's not being fair to the busier players
    WC isn't for the busier players anyway. The final is a 2 days event after all so you will have to be available for that as well.
    Evolving Through Change

"I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met Jasmine. We ate lobster, drank Piņa Coladas. At sunset we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over and over and over?"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Xander Spitfire View Post
    WC isn't for the busier players anyway. The final is a 2 days event after all so you will have to be available for that as well.
    Yeah but the difference is that only 32 have to make sure they can make the tourney for world champ. Regionals includes every single player that would want to play. So now all of the SE community is expected to have that weekend off.

Compare the formats from this year to last. 7 weeks of battling to whittle down to the top players statistically versus a single elimination pop up. Which do you think would find out who the best players of the year are? One loss and done? Rough!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Yeah but the difference is that only 32 have to make sure they can make the tourney for world champ. Regionals includes every single player that would want to play. So now all of the SE community is expected to have that weekend off.

Compare the formats from this year to last. 7 weeks of battling to whittle down to the top players statistically versus a single elimination pop up. Which do you think would find out who the best players of the year are? One loss and done? Rough!
    Hi again. I took off single-elimination from the format yesterday. We will likely use either Swiss with cut to top 8 or use double-elimination.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi! Is the whole format posted somewhere? Bo?, #of hero?, etc? I looked but couldn't find anything but date.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hi! Is the whole format posted somewhere? Bo?, #of hero?, etc? I looked but couldn't find anything but date.
    No. I've confirmed what I can at this stage to give a heads-up on dates, rather than wait for more details to be firmed up.

Some feedback on the Grand Finals format last year would be appreciated - whether you liked it or not.