Close

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatog201 View Post
    Did have a negative experience playing against it earlier. Opponent goes first and played it turn 2. My turn 2 guy is a 2/3 so I can't play it. Then turn 3 dude drops a 3/4 guy. My turn 3 is a 3/5 so obviously I can't play that. Then turn 4 he plays a 2/6 ravager. I'm done. Good game sir. Any other 2 drop ally and I could have competed. But I partially blame myself for not playing turn 2 removal. Lol
    Just curious, what do you do those turns where you "can't" play your allies? You just pass your turn? In that same scenario, I play that Ally simply to keep damage off my face and deal two damage to opposing hero while formulating a plan to bounce back. Of course, sometimes your opponent just gets kick butt hand and yours stinks. Happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Fristar View Post
    Best choice for early board control but not very OP. It costs HP to get that _2 dmg every single turn so there is a balance to it. Its not free.
    Seriously. You don't feel it at first but five turns in, if in play, that's 10 damage... ouch!

Also, if you play mid game and have already sustained damage, you can't just use his ability without potentially putting yourself in kill range.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by InsanoMango View Post
    Just curious, what do you do those turns where you "can't" play your allies? You just pass your turn? In that same scenario, I play that Ally simply to keep damage off my face and deal two damage to opposing hero while formulating a plan to bounce back. Of course, sometimes your opponent just gets kick butt hand and yours stinks. Happens.

Seriously. You don't feel it at first but five turns in, if in play, that's 10 damage... ouch!

Also, if you play mid game and have already sustained damage, you can't just use his ability without potentially putting yourself in kill range.
    Playing nothing and resourcing up is often better than throwing out a card for the sake of a bit of health early

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz92zaq View Post
    Playing nothing and resourcing up is often better than throwing out a card for the sake of a bit of health early

I don't agree. I have to assume that he will have a turn 3 & 4 ally. juat resourcing for the sake of resourcing isn't any better. All of a sudden you are at turn 4 staring down three Allies on board, what have you gained? I don't think you can say either way is more beneficial. Truly depends on what you have in hand.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I don't agree. This is not "a bit" of health. We are talking about 9 health by turn 4.

Just resourcing for the sake of resourcing isn't any better. All of a sudden you are at turn 4 staring down three Allies on board, what have you gained? I don't think you can say either way is more beneficial. Truly depends on what you have in hand. Im guessing his hand was garbage and never drew anything that he could make a comeback with.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't agree. This is not "a bit" of health. We are talking about 9 health by turn 4.

Just resourcing for the sake of resourcing isn't any better. All of a sudden you are at turn 4 staring down three Allies on board, what have you gained? I don't think you can say either way is more beneficial. Truly depends on what you have in hand. Im guessing his hand was garbage and never drew anything that he could make a comeback with.
    6 health as far as im aware it doesnt have haste :P since it cant atk the turn it summoned
    IGN: Nataku Wolf

Europe Regional (Winter 2012) Champion jacqui's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't agree. I have to assume that he will have a turn 3 & 4 ally. juat resourcing for the sake of resourcing isn't any better. All of a sudden you are at turn 4 staring down three Allies on board, what have you gained? I don't think you can say either way is more beneficial. Truly depends on what you have in hand.
    What have you gained by playing the ally that gets killed by feasterling? You are still staring down turn 3 & 4 ally and now you have less cards in hand.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Nataku View Post
    6 health as far as im aware it doesnt have haste :P since it cant atk the turn it summoned
    Turn 2, summon Feasterling.
    Turn 3, summon Death Collector(He mentioned 3 att ally summoned) attack with Feasterling - 3 damage
    Turn 4, summon Murderous Hulk, attack with Feasterling & Death Collector - 6 damage

Total 9 damage.

Quote Originally Posted by jacqui View Post
    What have you gained by playing the ally that gets killed by feasterling? You are still staring down turn 3 & 4 ally and now you have less cards in hand.
    Just as much as I've gained by playing nothing. What I have done is kept the life total close, he's taken 2 per turn while I've taken none, and given myself more time. Maybe I have a bad santa pop up that fetches me retreat, Crippling blow, sinkhole, poison arrow, all consuming fear, now your mine, who knows. My shadow ability should be set and hopefully that will help as well. Will it work? Most likely not. Yet, I'm not certain I'm in better shape the other way.

Turn 4 I have 4 resources, 6 cards in hand, shadow ability set and facing down 3 Allies. Sounds good, but even if I happen to clear two allies, he is most likely going to reclaim the board next turn anyhow and I'm still behind by 9 health.
    Elementalis may have a MC or Exaltation in hand. Or, his ability is primed on turn five with Krygon ready to go.
    Banebow is ready with Ability and Gambit/Krygon.
    Skervox is... lol... Skervox...

You see what I'm saying here though. There are many more scenarios where this still plays out as a loss than a comeback win. I may be wasting my cards and have less options but is it any better than having options that will have minimal impact? Sometimes, there just isn't a way out. This game was decided basically from the opening draw. He just never drew anything that was helpful in his scenario. You just chalk that up to bad luck and first turn advantage. Part of the game.
    Last edited by SEF Mango; 01-09-2017 at 09:20 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Feasterling is a liitle too OP

You are missing the point of holding back your plays.

The idea is to have more cards when you get to higher resources to play cards with a bigger impact. Part of that bigger impact might have to be playing an ally to soak 6 damage (if it really comes to that) before making a comeback attempt with things like SE ability + Viska or 7 cost cards.

You probably lose anyway yes but you have chances which is certainly better than facing 3 allies on board with full health 6 res and 0 cards.

Playing chump blockers assuming you'll lose anyway is worse than resigning because at least with the latter you save both players time.

Last edited by qaz92zaq; 01-09-2017 at 12:20 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You are missing the point of holding back your plays.

The idea is to have more cards when you get to higher resources to play cards with a bigger impact. Part of that bigger impact might have to be playing an ally to soak 6 damage (if it really comes to that) before making a comeback attempt with things like SE ability + Viska or 7 cost cards.

You probably lose anyway yes but you have chances which is certainly better than facing 3 allies on board with full health 6 res and 0 cards.

Playing chump blockers assuming you'll lose anyway is worse than resigning because at least with the latter you save both players time.

I know full well the reason you hold back your plays. However, what is the best case scenario? You spoke of turn 6 Viska, what is the board state at that point?

You said so yourself, you probably lose anyways.

My method may not be efficient, I agree. I have less cards when I could have more. Just that I most likely don't change much by holding my cards unless I start pulling EVERYTHING I need to make the comeback.

Not that I don't understand it, I just don't play that way unless I know my deck is built with things to make a comback from that position. I have options but the game is still most likely lost and I'm going down playing a card or two from my hand while getting my answers neutralized. Even a turn 6 Viska (if I draw my 1 copy, 2 max) is likely to get thrown into my face with MC or simply pinged away by my opponents stronger board state and abilities. Also, my Shadow ability is activated but so is my opponents. If he was smart about it, he saved it to help deal with a heavy turn 6 play.

My overall point? Sometimes, you just lose. Is my "chump blockers" better? No. In fact, I'll admit it is a terrible option. I just don't thinking losing a game at turn 7 with 5 cards in hand is any different. There are times you have lost by turn 3 regardless.

Unless you have board wipe, the scenario presented to us really seems a solid loss. It happens. It doesn't mean a card is broken, it means your deck is not built to recover from losing early board state, your early game needs to be retooled, you sac'd wrong and or just had crap draw in your first 12 cards. I believe, If you have played long enough, you can see a loss develop multiple turns before it happens. You are never really surprised when a game turns. Just disappointed that you will lose.

You are right that time could be saved by just conceding. Sometimes, I'll do just that at turn 3. Same though... sometimes a game goes on till turn 8 even though I know my opponent has lost by turn 3. Either they didn't see it or figured there was a way. A turn 6,7 or 8 play can turn the tides. Flannigan is a prime example. Maybe the best. If I luck into the perfect hand to make my comeback, yes, I would lose because I played my cards. Just that chances are if you're playing one card at a time against multiple threats, you're in only a minimally slightly better position but just delaying the inevitable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Feasterling is a liitle too OP

1) The difference between a good player and an ok one is the good player finds games they should win 20% of the time and wins them 25-30% of the time.

2) If you admit Megatog played optimally and still lost t2 despite generally having a decent early game I don't see how you are arguing with him.

Last edited by qaz92zaq; 01-09-2017 at 06:15 PM.