Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Feasterling is a liitle too OP

I dont know how you guys think. A 2CC 3 attack ally is a powerful threat,especially on Turn 2. If it does play a 3 attack ally on T2 , there should be price to pay,while I dont think Feasteling pay enough price.
    Let's compare with other 2CC ally.
    Ironhide Karash, is powerful but it is counter by 3 attack and ability damage and most importantly it is 2 attack.
    Windrunner(Ello's Princess),3attack but 1 hp,1Hp is a high risk situation if your opponent have Dead Mage or Hunter's Gambit or Somthing Else.So here is the Risk.
    Twilight Opportinunistic , 0 attack and 4HP. 4HP on Turn2 is really stable,and it can threat the 3 HP allys such as Priest of Light. As for a potential 234 ally. It usually would be killed after its attack. So it still OK.
    Unaxio Squire , is maybe a "234 ally" in some opinion,but the "3 Attack" base on another Templar ally, and the "3attack" usually works at least after T3. So this require highly Cooperation , and dont forget it has meek.
    Avenger of the Fallen , to become a 234 or 244 needs grave resouce , and it is nearly not possible to become a 234 in T3. Also it has 0 attack on opponent's turn. This card also needs Situations.
    Sword Gobbler , is also like Avenger of the Fallen and Unaxio Squire , it needs Situation and Cooperation. And it is risky as you can not Buff it on T3 every game.

So after talking a lot , I want to say , Feastling is too OP.
    It can become a 233 at T3 WITHOUT any Situation and Cooperation.
    And you dont need to take too much risk as it has 3 HP.
    And the price for +2 Attack is just pay 2 HP. As it is an triggerd ability I can choose not to active it if it got CripleBlow or countering Black Grab.
    Also it has claw attack for Rentless Savage and Ravager alligment.

In sum,Feasterling is a Low Risk, Low Price , EarlyGame High Threat 233 ally, and it require no stict situation or cooperation. I wander if it needs to nerf as it is now dominating the 2CC ally.
    My thinking is change it into
    "2CC, 0 attack , 3 hp . Sustain 2HP . Feasterling has +3 attack on your turn. "
    The change is intend to keep its stronge early game tempo,but increase it Risk and Price.

So what do you guys think?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I must still maintain my opinion of no more nerfs or buffs and card balances be settled in next release, feasterling can still be countered with Aldmor interceptor ability, Crippling Blow, rain delay, ability damage, krygon on t4, DMT 1 damage followed by the 2 dmg from DMT the next turn, damage reduced and time gained by using armor such as the one that doesn't lose durability while in combat with allies of 3cc or less, many counter options available still that can be used
    ~ Murk You ~

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Don't really agree with this. most 2cc are 2/3. Nothing wrong with feasterling being a bit more powerful at the cost of health. Its no different to playing a different ally and then buffing it really

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Ross014 - Intrepid Learner of Secrets
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    When feasterling attack the hero he's not different then kriss or any ally with 1 attack as you hero takes 2 damages each time. When he's dealing with the board your hero takes the hit. So overall I think feasterling is very well balanced.
    Evolving Through Change

"I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met Jasmine. We ate lobster, drank Piņa Coladas. At sunset we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over and over and over?"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Merry Murker View Post
    I must still maintain my opinion of no more nerfs or buffs and card balances be settled in next release, feasterling can still be countered with Aldmor interceptor ability, Crippling Blow, rain delay, ability damage, krygon on t4, DMT 1 damage followed by the 2 dmg from DMT the next turn, damage reduced and time gained by using armor such as the one that doesn't lose durability while in combat with allies of 3cc or less, many counter options available still that can be used
    A lot of those aren't very good counters. Or even counters in general. Krygon on turn 4? Assuming what, they didn't play an ally turn 3? And if they have fta, you really think you can survive krygon t2, a t3 ally, and likely a t4 ally, all before you can get a krygon out on your t4? And DMT as a counter? You're assuming it even survives to the next turn. That's not a counter. Crippling blow is warrior exclusive, removable, and doesn't help your board presence. Rain delay is not a good "counter" as not only is it temporary, it didn't remove feasterling at all, and also slows you down as well.
    Shadow of the Night
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Seeker of potential, hidden from the light
    Teacher from the darkness, the Shadow of The Night
    To you I bring my knowledge, hidden from plain sight
    And write it in my blog, bringing new things to the fight

IGN: BP Umbra Nox

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Anyways, to me, I think the best way to balance feasterling is to have him lose 1 damage to himself, and 1 to the hero whenever he uses his ability. This gives him a limit of 2 natural activations before he can no longer be such a monster.
    Shadow of the Night
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Seeker of potential, hidden from the light
    Teacher from the darkness, the Shadow of The Night
    To you I bring my knowledge, hidden from plain sight
    And write it in my blog, bringing new things to the fight

IGN: BP Umbra Nox

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Xander Spitfire View Post
    When feasterling attack the hero he's not different then kriss or any ally with 1 attack as you hero takes 2 damages each time. When he's dealing with the board your hero takes the hit. So overall I think feasterling is very well balanced.
    What you say it is just the way to counter every 3 hp ally,but just use the word as Umber said that your analyse is not correct.

Europe Regional (Winter 2012) Champion jacqui's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by VladimirPutin View Post
    Feastling is too OP.
    I agree
    Quote Originally Posted by VladimirPutin View Post
    "2CC, 0 attack , 3 hp . Sustain 2HP . Feasterling has +3 attack on your turn. "
    I disagree

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    C'mon, festerling op? Did anyone have a negative player experience from that card? Can you name a game where festerling has gained tremendous and unfair advantage to his controller?

Is festerling better than other two-drops? Yes. Is festerling op? Hell no, for being op and thus deserve a nerf you need much more! Remember the original krygon ... :P
    Last edited by magorules; 10-18-2016 at 07:23 AM.

CotC Sealed Deck Champion busti's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Feasterling was definitely OP a few months back, I don't think the game changed enough that he isn't now. The difference between 3/3 and 2/3 is huge, if you can clear the board early with it you can bet your ass that it was worth it to lose 2HP on your hero
    A1 alliance - Evolution in theory