Close

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wow this conversation is still active.Well feasterling is great 2cc ally,but not so OP that need to be nerf.He is just better version of karash expecially with new gambit,and imo turn 6 viska is better then 2x3cc ally.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jacqui View Post
    What have you gained by playing the ally that gets killed by feasterling? You are still staring down turn 3 & 4 ally and now you have less cards in hand.
    You dealt 4 damage to opp hero for 2 cards (in the case of t2 2/3 t3 3/5). Worth it? I don't know, it depends.

If this is agaisnt puwen aldon (same thing), you would have dealt no damage to opp hero. This case could be even worse because you could not see it coming on t2.

The point is, if it's feasterling, at aleast spending 2 cards made your hero 4 point up against opp hero, while puwen aldon would make no hero HP difference.

Spending 2 cards only to lose them for nothing is not a good play. But that's not the case against feasterling because, on top of damage absorption, your allies indirectly damage opp hero.

PS. So deciding if feasterling is balanced is, you need to look at other openings like puwen aldon or karash DMT/Krygon.
    These are 2 cards combo so it's less likely to happen. However, against feasterling, you can CHOOSE to suicide you ally as meatshield and indirect 2 damage, which is something you can't do against 2 cards combo since you can't foresee it coming. Considering all this, I think feasterling is not OP.
    Last edited by Kylt; 01-09-2017 at 08:07 PM.
    IGN: Kyltz

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Feasterling is a liitle too OP

Quote Originally Posted by Kylt View Post
    You dealt 4 damage to opp hero for 2 cards (in the case of t2 2/3 t3 3/5). Worth it? I don't know, it depends.

If this is agaisnt puwen aldon (same thing), you would have dealt no damage to opp hero. This case could be even worse because you could not see it coming on t2.

The point is, if it's feasterling, at aleast spending 2 cards made your hero 4 point up against opp hero, while puwen aldon would make no hero HP difference.

Spending 2 cards only to lose them for nothing is not a good play. But that's not the case against feasterling because, on top of damage absorption, your allies indirectly damage opp hero.

PS. So deciding if feasterling is balanced is, you need to look at other openings like puwen aldon or karash DMT/Krygon.
    These are 2 cards combo so it's less likely to happen. However, against feasterling, you can CHOOSE to suicide you ally as meatshield and indirect 2 damage, which is something you can't do against 2 cards combo since you can't foresee it coming. Considering all this, I think feasterling is not OP.
    1) Even in a burn deck 1 card for 2 damage early is bad, even when counting the 1 damage off your face.

2) There is a huge difference between 2 card combos and things that can be done with 1 card. Yes IHK DMT can kill most 2 drops (notably CoI was safe from both Puwen + Aldon and IHK + DMT and IHK can never kill another IHK even with ally support) but Feaster can kill more with no follow up. Also when it comes to t3 allies Feaster can once again an basically hold the board with any other 3cc ally.

3) though this was said in a different post, saying Feaster is fine because it is only marginally better than IHK is not a good assumption. You are comparing it to what was arguably the best t2 play among human Shadow and even class options until now, saying Feaster is only marginally better is admitting it is better than card that already outclasses everything else. Plus I would argue IHK did not shape the meta in the same way Feaster does. If you want to play a 2 cost ally now it will be Feaster or something that will hopefully maybe survive Feaster. Before t2 plays were decided viable or not by their ability to compete with everything else as a whole (many allies had the same damage output as Puwen or IHK)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think Feasterling is too strong when compared to all other 2 cc allies. Part of the 2 cc allies, until feasterling, was that they weren´t able to directly kill another 2 cc aside from Twilight Opportunist (but that one is very fair because it dies afterwards). The 2 hp hero loss isn't that big a deal if it means having board control for the rest of the match, heck even if it was changed to 3 hero hp I could see people still use Feasterling for the ability to get the early board

As mentioned, up until now there was a requirement for a second card in order to kill most of the 2 cc allies. Also I find it interesting how Harbinger of the lost at 2/4 was deemed too strong and got nerfed (which at least had the requirement of discarding an ally to get to those stats if I'm not mistaken) , but one that gets to 3/3 100% of the time is fine.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    firstly it would be good to know from game developers how many new cards which are much more powerful they want to create each expansion compare to recent sets. some players afraid stagnation so they would like more cards like feasterling. some players prefer steady and analyzed development in order not to underuse previous sets cards. i personally prefer second case.

Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPsy View Post
    The 2 hp hero loss isn't that big a deal if it means having board control for the rest of the match, heck even if it was changed to 3 hero hp I could see people still use Feasterling for the ability to get the early board
    agree, i still would use him

Quote Originally Posted by Fristar View Post
    Best choice for early board control but not very OP. It costs HP to get that _2 dmg every single turn so there is a balance to it. Its not free.
    Quote Originally Posted by InsanoMango View Post
    Seriously. You don't feel it at first but five turns in, if in play, that's 10 damage... ouch!

Also, if you play mid game and have already sustained damage, you can't just use his ability without potentially putting yourself in kill range.
    it depends on deck concepts and players skills, but often 5 first turns are decisive to say who will win. so ill be more than happy by having FTA to add 10 damage for early BOARD CONTROL by damaging my HERO.this investition will pay significantly back(similar to Blood Frenzy just you pay for board control instead of draw tempo).if my feasterling survived till turn 6 and gave 15 damage points it most likely i control board, then middle game, what often leads to victory.
    Last edited by mojojojo; 01-10-2017 at 05:38 PM.

Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I feel the need to point out The way this thread evolved into the best way to play your three turns after a turn 2 Feasterling with the back and forth between us on this thread. I think we just said quite a bit about the state of this card without actually talking about it specifically.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    another 4x iinto my deck!!!!

seee u on the leader board loosers!!
    BR34K P01NT
    taking points and breaking joints 24/7
    soon to be SEF champion!!!
    [/center]

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I don't see this card as OP at all. What we all are missing here is that its a 3/3 with haste turn three that costs two life when everything is said and done. That is assuming you played it turn two as well. A 3/3 with haste is not a broken card. It just simply is not, especially when it costs 2 life and it consumes a whole turn in order to set up correctly. Hit it with a fire ball, get rid of it with a crippling blow, or captured pray etc etc etc. This card is not broken guys, come on.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by EdgeAce View Post
    I don't see this card as OP at all. What we all are missing here is that its a 3/3 with haste turn three that costs two life when everything is said and done. That is assuming you played it turn two as well. A 3/3 with haste is not a broken card. It just simply is not, especially when it costs 2 life and it consumes a whole turn in order to set up correctly. Hit it with a fire ball, get rid of it with a crippling blow, or captured pray etc etc etc. This card is not broken guys, come on.
    Im not saying that is op, but the fact that Feaster can, on its own, get rude of all 3 health allies it makes it really powerfull, especially if played turn 2 with fta.

That makes most of 3 health 2 cc allies to be less prefered in players choices. With most other 2 cc you need help to oneshot another 3 health ally.
    Member of A1 family