Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lythian Sledgehammer, Rust Weevil (under consideration)

Triassen vs Viccctor

I have a sledgehammer with 2 durability out, he attacks with Rust Weevil, which dies.

Sledgehammer should have lost 1 durability from swing, and another from Rust Weevil ability, putting it at 0 and gone? (It only lost 1).
    IGN Triassen.
    Elementalis <3

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    After watching it, my only guess would be that Sledgehammer is exiling Weevil before Weevil's lose 1 extra durability effect kicks in. Not sure if it's supposed to happen that way though, especially given that it was on his turn, I would've thought Weevil would've worked first, unless I'm messing up on my SRO.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hi. There's some very subtle stuff going on here that I would not expect most people to be aware of or understand, but there is a reason for the behaviour you are seeing and I don't consider it a bug.

1. Rust Weevil takes combat damage and now Sledgehammer is due to lose 1 additional durability at the point it loses the usual 1 (to make 2 lost in total).
    2. Rust Weevil is killed and exiled. (His "on killed" ability would blow up Sledgehammer here except Sledgehammer can't be destroyed in this way.)
    3. Sledgehammer loses 1 durability from being used but Rust Weevil is no longer in play to give the additional 1 durability loss so only 1 durability is used up.

I hope that makes sense. Thanks for reporting.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So it's death before effect and not the two at the same time. I'm confused by this quote (rules book, SRO section) : "effects on cards in play are triggered even just before dying".

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    you must be joking i have heard many ridiculos explanations before but this is the worst one. it is clear stated that weapon lose one more durability and nothing about if it is exiled or its other ability failed. seems like its just faulty programming but you dont want to say it. needs to be fixed and i bet other players agree too.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mindy View Post
    you must be joking i have heard many ridiculos explanations before but this is the worst one. it is clear stated that weapon lose one more durability and nothing about if it is exiled or its other ability failed. seems like its just faulty programming but you dont want to say it. needs to be fixed and i bet other players agree too.
    Thanks for your input in this matter. I'm sorry you have missed the key part of the explanation and think that this is an attempt to avoid solving a bug.

To make it behave as you wanted would actually be much easier (it used to behave incorrectly like that and needing fixing up). The key part you are missing is that it says "1 additional durability". Which means that it is only relevant at the point the durability is normally reduced so that it can lose 1 additional durability (as is written on the card). If it said "it loses 1 durability" then sure, it could come off at the point of combat damage, and you would be right and it would also be implemented to match that.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Hi. There's some very subtle stuff going on here that I would not expect most people to be aware of or understand, but there is a reason for the behaviour you are seeing and I don't consider it a bug.

1. Rust Weevil takes combat damage and now Sledgehammer is due to lose 1 additional durability at the point it loses the usual 1 (to make 2 lost in total).
    2. Rust Weevil is killed and exiled. (His "on killed" ability would blow up Sledgehammer here except Sledgehammer can't be destroyed in this way.)
    3. Sledgehammer loses 1 durability from being used but Rust Weevil is no longer in play to give the additional 1 durability loss so only 1 durability is used up.

I hope that makes sense. Thanks for reporting.
    Shouldn't it lose the 1 durability during the combat (step one)?
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    Shouldn't it lose the 1 durability during the combat (step one)?
    No. Please see my reply above.

EDIT: If the bug tracking system were reachable at the moment (I don't know why it isn't), I'd link to the related bugs that were fixed with regards Rust Weevil about a year ago and you could read more details. The key is "additional" which means you don't get the 1 loss from Rust Weevil unless there is some other loss as well (e.g. the usual 1 loss).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So the durability is reduced at the end because the sledgehammer possessor is not the active player ?
    If it was during the turn of the sledgehammer possessor, 2 durability would have been lost, it is ?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfCyr View Post
    So the durability is reduced at the end because the sledgehammer possessor is not the active player ?
    If it was during the turn of the sledgehammer possessor, 2 durability would have been lost, it is ?
    Please see 2.4 and 3.4 from here:

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....ebook-section)