Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Missing cards!!!!

I've already sent not only one, but two emails to support today.

So what happened was, when I first started playing this game I noticed in the merchant some new cards kept showing up, so I thought maybe you level up to unlock these cards for purchase. So I buy these 2 human allies. The 2/4 with +1 attack and the 3/6 one. Then out of nowhere, not only do these cards disappear from the merchant, my own cards vanished. So that was when I sent an email to support. Now I've noticed I'm missing my "Portal" cards, again, my own cards and no longer in merchant.

What is going on? Anybody else have this problem? This is costing me a ton of gold. Not cool.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    For the "missing" cards in the merchant, it actually runs out and re-stocks every now and then. Here's the merchant description from the FAQs:
    Q: How does the Merchant work?

A: The Merchant is an NPC that buys and sells cards using in-game gold. He has a real, shared global inventory that can even be sold out. He will occasionally restock his inventory and adjust his prices up or down according to demand. This system is designed to simulate a player-run free market without the potential for abuse in a free to play game.
    As for your own missing cards, I don't know. Are you sure you didn't sell them or it's not in your deck?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok I just logged off, closed the app, opened it again, logged on.

Now I see Portal for sale in Merchant. My copies are gone, my human allies still missing, but I see the 2/4 ally in Merchant, but not the 3/6. This is ridiculous =/

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jiminee View Post
    For the "missing" cards in the merchant, it actually runs out and re-stocks every now and then. Here's the merchant description from the FAQs:

As for your own missing cards, I don't know. Are you sure you didn't sell them or it's not in your deck?

OHHHH interesting. Ok well that answers the missing cards in merchant, but not the missing cards I bought.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you could explain in more detail exactly what happened with the "missing cards", like what is missing, when it happened, etc; we'd be able to better direct you.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok I'll be clear:

1) Started playing this game last week
    2) Noticed the merchant had cards that kept going on and off, so in my mind I thought this was some sort of unlocking scheme (as someone said above, this is just the merchant controlling supply).
    3) When I saw these human allies pop up (Aldon, and the 3/6 ally, I don't remember the name anymore), I bought some.
    4) After a bit, I noticed the cards weren't on merchant anymore (still didn't know this was how the merchant worked), I had been playing with other decks that didn't use those allies. So when I decided to, I noticed they were missing. I never sold them. I don't know what happened to them.
    5) Same thing happened to some Portal cards last night.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Are you sure you bought the cards and got that prompt saying the merchant grinned or whatever? Because when you tried buying the cards, it may have been out of stock when you tried. If it is, you get a prompt saying it's currently out of stock instead. Anyways, if that isn't the case or you want to confirm, just email support@shadowera.com and they can double-check.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sry but this is complete bullsh*t,

Cause u cannot tell me that gwen wasnt few famous than after the patch.

Before the patch ALL cards were sold at the vendor, now after the patch not one, not two, a pile of are suddenly "sold off"

Haha, nice joke, only an idiot would believe in this.

It doesent bother me cause i already got my cards which are so called sold out.

But i just dont believe it, u buy a card it will be a copy of the original.

This whole thing is a joke, just because if this would realy happen you could see more cards disappear and also appear, but those cards missing never popped up since the patch and no others were gone.

I really think devs just took out a few cards they just dont like or "feel" they could be overpowered, which are not. At least the real overpowered cards are still aviable and those should be sold out for eternety, which are actualy not.

So u cannot tell me this system is true, cause the wrong cards are sold out. There other, way more popular, cards which are still aviable.

In addition i sold 2 of the 3/6 human ally (girl on green background, forgot name) and its still not aviable at the merchant.

So what, they just took out those cards, plain simple truth. Whatever the cause.
    Last edited by Stiletto; 05-06-2011 at 01:14 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This thread is really odd. Heard this kinda bug first time.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiletto View Post
    Before the patch ALL cards were sold at the vendor, now after the patch not one, not two, a pile of are suddenly "sold off"
    Cards through the merchanct have been stocked for a long, long time. Longer than I really got into the gamea and longer than you started as well, probably. This wasn't introduced by the v1.24 patch. If you're unaware of it, visit Orca's market data page, it has an API call to the merchant's stock so you can view how much stock cards have.

Quote Originally Posted by Stiletto View Post
    In addition i sold 2 of the 3/6 human ally (girl on green background, forgot name) and its still not aviable at the merchant.
    Just because you sold 2 copies of Raven Wildheart to the merchant and then went to the merchant and checked, doesn't mean it's impossible for someone that was viewing the merchant at the time to have bought the cards before you got into the merchant. The merchant restocks with certain conditions, not by players selling out of stock cards to the merchant.