Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Winter is coming. Let's turn up the heat! (nerf discussion)

OK, so it's only just Autumn in the northern hemisphere, but after that comes Winter and allegedly we're in for a cold spell (here in the UK anyway). So what better time to have a heated debate on which cards from SF and LL need nerfing or rejigging (i.e. a nerf of one problem aspect and buff of a different part at same time) in a forthcoming update?

Feel free to suggest buffs as well, but it's my view that certain strong cards are holding some otherwise viable cards back, so maybe we don't need that many buffs to sort things out ...

Before we start, please can I remind everyone to be respectful of each other on a personal level and try to be constructive. Feel free to argue with an opinion, but don't target the person.

Thanks in advance for your contributions. Cheers!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Can you perhaps show us list of least used cards and maybe people here can come up with ideas what to do with this. Here's my thoughts:

Rest for the weary - I've seen this maybe once and that was when I was in the start of the season climb. I can imagine this working in location based deck as board control item/pseudodraw but it's too expensive and you can fit better things in deck. Maybe a 2cc ability which prevents everyone from casting location for next three turns and when it's destroyed you draw a card, like MoA, but then again, locations aren't much of a thing.
    Groundshift - can we get the original one back please?
    Gloomwielder - Aldmor have much better 3cc allies than her, so she is not used. maybe change her condition to be protector, and remove aldmor allies limit, she would make it also into non aldmor decks
    Scriptures of the departed - change to 1cc, twilight have too many 2cc allies/items already and this just doesn't fit
    I milled fat Garth with rush Loest. Twice.
    I stalled Moonstaller with Rothem.
    I played Ter with monopoly cards and 4x toll bridge and managed to win a tournament.
    I cast Portal and Kris in one turn and lived to tell the tale.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i was thinking how awesome original Krygon was the other day, great reach card for shadow decks, loved dropping two of them dealing 6dmg with 8res as a finisher, it can even stay as it is (only buffing other allies), just make it 2/2 again
    Ĉon Of Harmony,
    Warriors Of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Guide to withholding information

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    if you're still considering rejig SF, maybe then Ascetic of Aldmor atk +1; also 0SE -> 1SE

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Satanaitis View Post
    i was thinking how awesome original Krygon was the other day, great reach card for shadow decks, loved dropping two of them dealing 6dmg with 8res as a finisher, it can even stay as it is (only buffing other allies), just make it 2/2 again
    I don't think krygon is in need of any buffs at all. It's still one of if not the most used shadow ally.

Quote Originally Posted by tolerance View Post
    if you're still considering rejig SF, maybe then Ascetic of Aldmor atk +1; also 0SE -> 1SE
    Giving ascetic lf aldmor +1 attack will make it a 1cc for 1/2 with an ability. In other words, it will be strictly better than firesnake. (and while I understand harbinger of the lost has puwen stats and an ability, the discarding of your own card is viewed as a negative effect)
    Last edited by Umbra7; 10-03-2016 at 02:09 AM.
    Shadow of the Night
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Seeker of potential, hidden from the light
    Teacher from the darkness, the Shadow of The Night
    To you I bring my knowledge, hidden from plain sight
    And write it in my blog, bringing new things to the fight

IGN: BP Umbra Nox

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I dont have specific suggestions, but imo you should take a look at the twillight tribe. You released them overpowered and then overnerfed them (Aramia style), now its very hard to get anything out of them and they feel very underwhelming compared to other tribes. No one plays them at higher ranked Quickmatch or tournaments at all.
    Last edited by AmberFade; 10-03-2016 at 02:24 AM.
    IGN: BP AmberFade
    TG: @AmberFade

WotBP Trophy Room:Achievements
    Legendary Blademaster of Gaderi
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra7 View Post
    Giving ascetic lf aldmor +1 attack will make it a 1cc for 1/2 with an ability. In other words, it will be strictly better than firesnake. (and while I understand harbinger of the lost has puwen stats and an ability, the discarding of your own card is viewed as a negative effect)
    well her ability is not passive and 0SE -> 1SE would add cost on it as well. i had the impression this is one of the least used cards from SF, it even can't make into most of the aldmor decks nowadays (haven't played much during launch of SF thus no idea on it's reception back then)

and i agree krygon is good where it is

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would like to see durability for Voidwalker's Gauntlet reduced to 3, but eliminate the need to sacrifice durability to activate the ability damage match. This would immediately become an interesting card.
    IGN: RS Kohen Gadol

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    IF heroes are still in play, pls change Aramia to some sort. She was one of the most interesting heros, but now she is too weak. What about to give her ability "and gets +1 SE to your hero".
    Basically she will be same as before, but first use will be delayed. This will make her T1 again but not that much OP as before... probably :-)
    IGN: TJ Maskee - Proud member of Team Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Aramis wasnt and still isnt problem,problem are twillight tribe.You put 3 2cc twillight on board and you have board lock, all of yours alies will have somethink like 20hp.Some of cheep twilight ally ability must be reduce.