Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Angry My wikipedia account was hacked.

On September 21st, 2016, I created a thread here on the forums stating that I added more information to the Shadow Era page on Wikipedia. You can see the original thread here http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....-Wikipedia-com, and the wikipedia page here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_Era. So recently I went on Wikipedia just to gain some information about a topic I had to write an essay on in class.

Once I realized I was still logged in on Wikipedia, I had a notification at the topic of my screen that said I had a new message. When I clicked on it, I saw this:
    Screen Shot 2016-10-01 at 5.31.12 PM.png.
    Obviously, I did not vandalize the Magic: The Gathering page. No one was at my house the day it was changed and I certainly not give me password to anyone. I apologize for any of the trouble I have caused, but then again, I wasn't the one who vandalized the page.

I eventually went on the Magic: The Gathering page and looked at the history of who edited what. There, clear of day, it said my username. I was able to view the document as it was when "I" was editing things. The main image of the website was gone, and the text instead of saying "Magic: The Gathering", it said "Shadow Era is better". Several paragraphs were taken out. I was blocked for one week from editing anything on wikipedia, I believe it will go away within the next 4 days. I did not do any of this, I respect both games and I would never vandalize or do anything of such ever. Here is what the page looks like now:

Screen Shot 2016-10-01 at 5.37.21 PM.jpg

and what it looked when it was vandalized:

Screen Shot 2016-10-01 at 5.37.02 PM.png

I was shocked when it also said I vandalized the Shadow Era page. I have not done anything, although I checked the edit long for that page as well. My name was substituted for some words and it, in my words, was vandalized. Clearly, whoever vandalized that website was talking about Shadow Era. I do not know who this hacker is, but he knows that I am affiliated with Shadow Era. I have interrogated all of my friends who play Shadow Era and they have told me that they didn't do anything to the page and that they don't have wikipedia accounts. Which leads me to writing this right now. Either someone who knows me personally did this, or someone here within our community did. I was not able to find out any information about this hacker, he/she/it did not leave any clues. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by ArchitShadowEra; 10-02-2016 at 05:06 AM.
    Bloodshed Warriors
    BSW Archit
    I sense a horde of Rampant Krygons coming your way
    I want to smack my opponents on the head with a frying pan

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi, sorry to hear what happened.
    I never used wikipedia, but often sites like that allow you to see the IPs you used to log in last time, you should try to see if it is possible in your case

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
    IGN: A1 Virpe
    Telegram: @virpe

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Looks like some dumbass called KaiLel edited it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php...ldid=741029037

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Seems like he changed things to be a jerk and then you fixed it a couple of times. Maybe he chose to get revenge by guessing your password (did you pick something obvious?).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Yeah I was pretty much correcting random jerk changes he was making. My password is a combination of random letters, numbers, and capitalized letters. I would assume its not difficult to hack.
    Bloodshed Warriors
    BSW Archit
    I sense a horde of Rampant Krygons coming your way
    I want to smack my opponents on the head with a frying pan