Close

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dejvo View Post
    Wohoo, spoilers. But you start with warriors???? What kind of person plays this abominations.

War giant looks seriously op. There are already plenty of ways to give this beast a defender and even if without it with it has huge health and you will need to sacrifice at least 2 allies to kill him. Even gwen with rapid fire can't kill this beast in one turn. Tala, Amber and Vess are going to be T0.5

EDIT: whoa it doesn't even have unique? Are you kidding me
    Gravebone will be T.0
    Evolving Through Change

"I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met Jasmine. We ate lobster, drank Piña Coladas. At sunset we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over and over and over?"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Is Here View Post
    i feel like Chaos Engine will help Logan more than it will help Ter Adun.
    Gravebone joke aside I agree with this. Despite what's being intented Chaos Engine won't help Ter Adun as much as Logan and likely Vess. Ter doesnt need draw. His ability is overcosted in the game now and the rest of the Warriors have access to item hate as well so he's shorthanded compare to them. What he needs is board control tool that works with his ability.
    Evolving Through Change

"I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met Jasmine. We ate lobster, drank Piña Coladas. At sunset we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over and over and over?"

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Does anyone want to play shadow heroes? BTW there's also plenty of attachments for steadfast. TPS, Transmog, MC, Tidal are the only way to deal with this, and first two usually don't come 4x in decks. (I don't count disable attachments as I expect people to have way to deal with this). where do I sign to pfg and break this guy?
    You mentioned Gwen specifically. Also, Shadow Hunters can use TPS.

As for breaking this guy, I'm sure you would be a great addition to the PFG when we re-open the doors, so make sure you apply when we're looking for people. Thanks!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    You mentioned Gwen specifically. Also, Shadow Hunters can use TPS.

As for breaking this guy, I'm sure you would be a great addition to the PFG when we re-open the doors, so make sure you apply when we're looking for people. Thanks!
    Well I mentioned Gwen as she can deal most damage in one turn with weapon (ok, maybe rothem with berserker edge and ability can do 9, but that's not going to happen in T6-7). What I am trying to say is that this guy is now best 6cc warrior drop (except for Viska vs solo hero) and the combination of damage reduction, huge body and ally exiling seems too strong. Maybe compared to other things coming up this might be mediocre
    I milled fat Garth with rush Loest. Twice.
    I stalled Moonstaller with Rothem.
    I played Ter with monopoly cards and 4x toll bridge and managed to win a tournament.
    I cast Portal and Kris in one turn and lived to tell the tale.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ええな
    個人的にはPriestが楽しみやな

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by AKKYO View Post
    ええな
    個人的にはPriestが楽しみやな
    In English please. Google translate above comes up with:

"Yeah I
    I personally Ya fun Priest"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Well I mentioned Gwen as she can deal most damage in one turn with weapon (ok, maybe rothem with berserker edge and ability can do 9, but that's not going to happen in T6-7). What I am trying to say is that this guy is now best 6cc warrior drop (except for Viska vs solo hero) and the combination of damage reduction, huge body and ally exiling seems too strong. Maybe compared to other things coming up this might be mediocre
    Shouldn't the 6cc Warrior ally be the best 6cc ally that Warriors can use? It's debatable whether this is the case, but I don't see it as a problem if War Giant is their best choice of 6cc ally.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I love the new cards!

However, I take issue with this statement:

"As an added bonus, this should boost the Ravager alignment with any Shadow Warrior, but we expect Ter Adun to get the most value from this in the same way that Jericho was boosted by Lingering Essence."

While Essence did help Jericho tremendously, it was Embers of the Just that gave him an archetype that was playable. Then you nerfed Embers, and now POOF, no Jeri. Essence was only good for Jeri so long as he has something worth destroying. How about we don't make the same mistake with this one, eh?
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlanketEffect View Post
    Then you nerfed Embers, and now POOF, no Jeri.
    I appreciate you don't have access to the stats to confirm, but actually Jericho is still played our target amount at 250+ rating (approx 1/32 of all heroes are Jericho) and his win-rate is quite close to 50%.

Having said that, I am open to potentially reverting Embers back to what it was before now that we have the possibility of chess clocks and automated tournaments with time limits and 50-card minimum on the horizon. He was definitely a problem before with the pre-nerf Embers, but maybe he would be OK with that Embers in the new environment. Watch this space but also don't hold your breath!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You know, somewhere between absolute nerf and obnoxiously too strong, the truth might lie. Perhaps don't "put it back to the way it was" and instead, since you know that's too strong, tweak it and do something like make it go back to the deck instead of the hand. Or, don't; you're the designer.

My point is that a great card was made that created an entirely powerful archetype, and then that one card (Lingering Essence) was made fairly obsolete, considering the one card that was worth destroying with Jeri's ability got nerfed to the point of being irrelevant.
    Last edited by BlanketEffect; 10-05-2016 at 06:01 PM.
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.