Close

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    For real now, consider this is a 6drop that is completely dumb. It is, literally, only good at attacking. Are you sure a 6drop that does not affect the board when it comes in and whose use is pretty much just attacking allies (3 attack for 6 resources is quite bad for going to the dome) is not just a "win more" card? If you are behind, it does nothing (costing 6, it'll probably be your only threat and, thus, it'll get removed). It does not help establish a board unless during slower games because it costs 6. It is good at breaking parity, I'll give you that. If you are ahead, dealing 3 to the face is not much and many other cheaper cards, including allies, could efficiently remove allies and deal more direct damage.

If I am paying 6, better do something ASAP, like General of Unaxio. I do not think this card is gakebreaking: it's not the kind of card that seems to win you losing games because it costs 6, does jack shit, and there are lots of no damage removal around, like Crippling Blow.
    Last edited by Hallgrimsson; 10-11-2016 at 05:54 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think so far fatties in Shadow Era have been very underwhelming and overall their impact on the meta is really low. Aside few exceptions that can barely qualify as a fatty like Brax Soldier (good tech card but a boring fatty) and Viska (again good tech card but overall very boring) we dont see them much. Pushing their power level is a good thing for SE so we know where threshold for them is. That is still unknown territory, since early game allies have gotten much more attention.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seedog View Post
    The meaning of OP doesn't mean there is no counter to a card.

It just mean it's cost/value out trash other cards at the same cost.

Sosilo can be removed by Groundshift, but it does not mean that it is not OP.

If Wulven can listen to more voices from players, you would save a lot of time from balancing stuff and focus on further development.
    Thanks for quoting me out of context! I was referring to him saying Gwen had no chance, as was already explained above.

I listen to everyone, btw, even if they are telling me things I already know.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    War giant a bit op

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallgrimsson View Post
    For real now, consider this is a 6drop that is completely dumb. It is, literally, only good at attacking. Are you sure a 6drop that does not affect the board when it comes in and whose use is pretty much just attacking allies (3 attack for 6 resources is quite bad for going to the dome) is not just a "win more" card? If you are behind, it does nothing (costing 6, it'll probably be your only threat and, thus, it'll get removed). It does not help establish a board unless during slower games because it costs 6. It is good at breaking parity, I'll give you that. If you are ahead, dealing 3 to the face is not much and many other cheaper cards, including allies, could efficiently remove allies and deal more direct damage.

If I am paying 6, better do something ASAP, like General of Unaxio. I do not think this card is gakebreaking: it's not the kind of card that seems to win you losing games because it costs 6, does jack shit, and there are lots of no damage removal around, like Crippling Blow.
    Did you read the description? It has 8 health and 1 damage reduction. That makes him toughest ally (you need 9 dmg to kill him in one strike) and if he deals damage to ally that ally is exiled - so you either attack him with steadfast allies (not much of those) or you will lose your allies when trying to remove him. Which allies can remove other allies - you have arachnid and olgoth who are limited, you have aldmor chieftain who needs 3se. This one just needs to attack, his 3atk overcomes even sandworm and darkath
    I milled fat Garth with rush Loest. Twice.
    I stalled Moonstaller with Rothem.
    I played Ter with monopoly cards and 4x toll bridge and managed to win a tournament.
    I cast Portal and Kris in one turn and lived to tell the tale.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dejvo View Post
    Did you read the description? It has 8 health and 1 damage reduction. That makes him toughest ally (you need 9 dmg to kill him in one strike) and if he deals damage to ally that ally is exiled - so you either attack him with steadfast allies (not much of those) or you will lose your allies when trying to remove him. Which allies can remove other allies - you have arachnid and olgoth who are limited, you have aldmor chieftain who needs 3se. This one just needs to attack, his 3atk overcomes even sandworm and darkath
    Or, you can, y'know, use cards that don't kill through combat damage, or that disable, or that turns its attack to zero, or that returns to hand...

I wonder if you really did your analysis and considered the removal that is available for each class, or just went with the easy circlejerk reaction. "It just needs to attack" (more like "the only thing it can EVER do is attack"), for a 6drop, does not make the cut for most decks. I know, personally, of my 39-card deck, I have at least some 15 cards to deal with it without letting it attack more than once, and I'm a goddamned Amber. I'm not even a hero that is favored on removal.

Stats on a vacuum mean nothing. Spending 6 for absolutely no gain if your opponent can answer the turn after (and they SHOULD if their deck is any good) is a massive, MASSIVE loss of tempo. Enough to lose you the game. If your deck can abuse the Giant (say, you give some other hard-to-remove ally steadfast/protector), yea, it is good, but then you have to build AROUND it, and thus you are making concessions in other areas that will weaken your deck in some aspect. And, then, the card becomes fine, just like any other strategy.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh war giant control finisher

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Or, you can, y'know, use cards that don't kill through combat damage, or that disable, or that turns its attack to zero, or that returns to hand...

I wonder if you really did your analysis and considered the removal that is available for each class, or just went with the easy circlejerk reaction. "It just needs to attack" (more like "the only thing it can EVER do is attack"), for a 6drop, does not make the cut for most decks. I know, personally, of my 39-card deck, I have at least some 15 cards to deal with it without letting it attack more than once, and I'm a goddamned Amber. I'm not even a hero that is favored on removal.

Stats on a vacuum mean nothing. Spending 6 for absolutely no gain if your opponent can answer the turn after (and they SHOULD if their deck is any good) is a massive, MASSIVE loss of tempo. Enough to lose you the game. If your deck can abuse the Giant (say, you give some other hard-to-remove ally steadfast/protector), yea, it is good, but then you have to build AROUND it, and thus you are making concessions in other areas that will weaken your deck in some aspect. And, then, the card becomes fine, just like any other strategy.
    ok lets say ur playing vess t6 war giant..will to fight...ellos resolve...mindless ferocity...and bloodthirsty ......what ally can survive that ?
    ign: SK Frost2

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by frost09 View Post
    ok lets say ur playing vess t6 war giant..will to fight...ellos resolve...mindless ferocity...and bloodthirsty ......what ally can survive that ?
    Well, I took the bait...

For starters, you attached 4 things.

"My opponent had a nutty draw and survived to T6 with the horrendous board advantage needed to be able to do this ridiculous T6 play! What do I do?"

Congratulations, you killed an ally for the cost of 4 cards (the giant+3 attachments), 6 resources and 3 shadow power. Literally any kill spell will down him. You didn't even consider Assumed Command or Blackened Heart as a way to protect the massive amount of resources you just pumped into a single ally. A mere Crippling Blow would solve the issue, for 2 resources and 2 cards (the ally that got killed and the CB itself) I took care of this "cute" play you just did.

For real now, this comment and the previous show that you don't know jack shit about cardgames, or even having a thoughtful discussion not fueled by outraged, circlejerky posts. Thus, I will simply refuse to spend any more amount of my time to respond to your posts, since they don't contribute nothing. A pity.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    For real now, this comment and the previous show that you don't know jack shit about cardgames, or even having a thoughtful discussion not fueled by outraged, circlejerky posts. Thus, I will simply refuse to spend any more amount of my time to respond to your posts, since they don't contribute nothing. A pity.
    You could have just left this part out you know.... You can make your points without being so hostile as well. Everyone will have a different opinion on any card and there's no reason to bash people over the way they think, especially over a card that (besides pfg members) no one has yet to play. That way of responding also hurts your points greatly and makes you seem less convincing. This is even coming from a guy who thinks you're kinda right, War Giant doesn't seem OP to me at all for similar reasons that you yourself have posted.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel