Blog Entries
    It’s always nice to see the real people behind the memes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    3.5 "Gravebella Beatdown" || KillTrend's Live Commentary
    A1 Elder
    Ingame Handles: A1 Killtrend

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey Shadow Era, time for contestant number two, I decided you all need to know a bit more from the top 8! So, without further ado, the guy who tells you to bend over and cough, the Dr Death himself, right outta Greece, it's Mr Wall-o-text himself....

A1 Otto7

1) What are ya , what's a little about yourself besides SE, where ya from, when and how did you start playing Shadow Era?

I am Othon, i am a surgeon from Hellas. I am 35, i like beach volley and smoked whiskeys )
    I started playing 7years ago and never looked back. I joined A1 6 years before and by now i am its oldest active member.

2) well ya made it to the biggest a show in SE the WC finals, did you really ever imagine getting here?

Yes it's my 3rd time.
    Always a bridesmaid never a bride, eh? . Well your consistent, I'll say that for ya!

3) you've played a long time, but with the constantly changing meta how did you decide to bring your deck?

I expected mages and elementals which is a doable MU for Serena. Also i didnt expect Moon which is a terrible MU. I teched my deck to counter trolls (Aeon, Kion), fatties and homuncs (garb after entangled/growth) and early dmg (knight, swordthief and willy served in that)
    I wanted a weapon hero but Baduruu was weaker than before and the other were overwhelmed by the meta
    Ofc i tried my deck at ladder. Although i had more success with wagon slimPrax, i knew that WC will habe certain heroes. So even if Prax did better at QM, i took my chances with what would do better vs opps that were expected in WC

4) after the qualifiers and the 32 man playoff for the finals , were you still satisfied with that deck choice? And if not what would you have brought?

Yes i was. I know my deck and i wouldnt change anything cause it was already tested through so many games. For example i could say i could bring Spelleater Bands to counter DD or Gauntlets to counter Prax. But that would be another deck with less consistency. I like consistency and suggest to my friends to always trimm the most.

5) When you finally were one of the finalist, top 8 man! How did ya feel about your match ups?

I knew from tourney start that my deck was weak to A1 H1tach1’s BB. It was the only one i wanted to avoid. And i expected to beat everyone else. I am disappointed that day2 i lost 6 games and my opps had empty hand and board and topdecked leathal 3-4 times, while next turn was leathal from my side. They are great players and ofc luck is always part if the game. But that shouldnt effect my crisis about my deck. I knew my weaknesses and strengths.

6) You have been a member of this community for X yrs, can you give us your thoughts on this gaming community and game and if you wouldn't mind give any SE player out there a few tips on how you managed to get there?

Watching top players helps, deficating time help, training helps etc etc etc
    Without wanting to advertise, i wouldnt be here without A1. Life within a guild takes u to your top capabilities. If anyone listens to me and wants to be really strong asap, go and join a guild guys.

7) I really want to know as a Finalist if the WCs, was the whole chase to the World championships worth it, to you? I know you got great prizes. But the fun, the challenge, the cheering and boos , was it worth it to run this far?

I am a gamer and i love SE. SE and A1 have been my first and only TCG and guild. If i hadnt quallified, i would have been here the whole weekend to help my guildmates amd scout opps for them like they did for me, providing awesome boost!!

8) What's your favorite card in the game?

Hunter’s Gambit is the most versatile card imo and the only card that fits every deck out there.

9) If you could make any card for Shadow Era (OP as balls or not) what would it be and what's it text and flavour text say?

The Baduravager was one of my signature decks and caused nerf of Obelisk, rejig of Gambit. Also a deck really hard to play. Gave me pleasure to see people unable to make it work equally  I would make Obelisk into smth usefull. If not for Obelisk i would make sleeves and playmats with my picture.

Well that's a roundabout way of not answering the question, but the judges will accept it.

10) Best card artwork in game?

Tidal wave, Jasmine and Kion all for different reasons.
    Let me guess what Jasmines reason is? Lol

11) SE has come a long way since 2016 WCs, we have new cards a campaign and an AI that's not totally brainless, plus we have the "Board of Directors" -cue Darth Vaders theme song-
    How are you feeling about how SE if growing and if you could give a bit of advice to the dev team or the Board, what would it be?

I've been a proud part of all pfgs till now. I know the effort the Design Teams puts into the game. It took so long for them to be in those places and the game nearly collapsed, but now we have in charge people that i trust and believe in. I will grant them time and i am very optimistic
    Also i will buy some tokens to help the game advance and cause i like the prizes too )

12) Would you please give our readers/viewers a few words of wisdom about your experience and how you came to compete this way? Your philosophy of winning?
    And maybe include that selfie of you in the Mankini all you Greecians wear?

Watch top raters, play a lot, train a lot. Play to win, play T1 decks, not crap T3 heroes just cause “hey it is fun to win with Nishaven and Logan”. And most important, join a guild! If u r good enough, send A1 an application, u may be our new WC

Well A1 Otto7, I'd like to congratulate you once more on a fine showing in the 2017 WCs and thank you for your time! You've got some great tips for new and older players and it's always great to see one of the original players still make a splash at the WCs! Here's hoping you'll be there again next year!
    Last edited by Kip thorp; 12-21-2017 at 07:51 AM.
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Kip How did you limit Otto to only 3-4 rows of reply?

Great interviews!
    IGN: 17 paxvobiscum
    Telegram @paxvobiscu

1lluminati in 7enebris
    Shadow Era Italia
    http://se-italia.forumcommunity.net/

When I was Young I played better:
    https://se-italia.forumcommunity.net...entry412546954

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by paxvobiscum View Post
    Kip How did you limit Otto to only 3-4 rows of reply?

Great interviews!
    A lot of editing!
    Thanks Pax
    A1 kip thorp

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey ShadowEra, I was just messing around with my cat, "Truffles the Loaf". And she got me to thinking, I should chat with another player so keeping with the kitty cat theme, I hit up that lady of the pussycat club.
    TJ Catalina

1) So , where ya from , what do ya do, for a living and for fun?
    I am from Carinthia, that's in Austria i am working as an medical assistant for a gynaecologist for about a year now. Well in my free time I am a lot in the nature, Carinthia is a great place for swimming, hiking and skiing. Also I am a pro shopper

2) How did you get into SE and why have ya stuck around this long.
    I can't remember in which year I downloaded SE the first time. I think it was close to the beginning... There weren't a lot of heroes this time. I started to play SE bcs I was really bored at work. So I searched for a game to play until nightshift. The main reason I am still around is the great community, a few players are close friends now.

3) what's your fave hero and deck style to play?
    Eladwen Frostmire!!! Rush for life!!!
    A lady after my own heart! Good choice!

4) Do you have any favorite cards and card art? And please don't mention the cat cards, you've got more than you deserve already!
    What u mean we have enough cat cards??? That's not true! Bobcat and Panther! Thats not enough... We need a cat hero and more cat allies to stop this Wolfes -.-\
    My favorite card Art is Elizabeth Winterborn. She looks incredible with her awesome thights/socks. And Infernus, Tyrant of the Damned bcs he was my first foil card lol

5) So your nickname is the Crazy Cat Lady of SE. Please tell us in your words how you came to get that title and do you feel it's deserved?
    who called me Crazy Cat Lady??? No idea why people call me like that...
    Well I'd say it's your constant cat stickers and defence of the feline sensibility? But that's just me

6) Well you've transformed from just your average player into the unrewarding jobs of Global Chat mod and TG admin. Why did you get involved in these positions and how do you feel about being part of both?
    There were more Mods added and I asked if can be one too. That's the story behind it lol main reason is that i like the community and wanted to help.

7) Well after those words, what advice would you give to newer players or even established players who want to get more involved in the SE life?
    Newer players should join us on Telegram. It's a great community and u have the chance to communicate with the players and ask for help or joining a guild.
    Well for the established players I can only ask for staying active and playing the game. A lot of things changed and SE is growing up.

8) Ok, there's always two sides to a coin, I hope we've covered what you like about SE, but now I wanna hear about what you feel are the bad parts. Players? Gameplay? Interface? Whatever you think I want the bad stuff, the real dirt!
    Only thing I was really pissed about was the bad support. It was frustrating. And the lack of new cards... I mean come on... Two cat cards?

9) If you could change anything in the way you've progressed (like start over) , either in the community or yourself what would that be?
    u mean in game? I don't think I would change anything. In my life a lot of things

10) Now create your own card time, give us a card w all the stats. Favor text included, or I'll write it for ya.

image.jpg
    Last edited by Kip thorp; 01-27-2018 at 05:22 AM.
    A1 kip thorp

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Good as always but i feel like the interviews get lost in the same thread and they be more visible if you make individual threads. It's not like there is more important stuff you wouldn't wanna bury.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BP Colosal View Post
    Good as always but i feel like the interviews get lost in the same thread and they be more visible if you make individual threads. It's not like there is more important stuff you wouldn't wanna bury.
    I agree with this. I think each interview deserves its own thread - maybe a master thread with links to each would be good tho.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor