Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey kids , another set of 3 KipterViews with well known players and a link to my exclusive YouTube interview with ....OMG.....Gondorian! So let's see how this all reads out, hard to get theses SE movers and shakers strapped down for a few words, but I done, done it!
    Firsties goes to one fast Mo Fo! He's got wheels of steel and a motor that could put a Farrari to shame. He does donuts in the snow and has a personal line to Stephen Hawking, because he's just that dam smart. Please welcome ....

TJ SamJ

1) Please tell us a bit about yourself, where from, your age if you care to, what brought you here and how long have you been playing SE and why have you stuck around so long?

I am SamuelJ. I hail from Pennsylvania, USA. I recently turned a quarter of a century old. I found Shadow Era by dumb luck one day searching the App Store in fall of 2011 and I have been playing ever since. The thing that really got me hooked on the game was a Win-Streak challenge by Gondorian long ago. I stick around because I truly like playing the game and have a love for the community and my guild.

2) You play a multitude of decks, which means you adjust to the meta, can you explain a bit about how you come up with your strategies each season?

It is pretty simple, I play what I enjoy playing. If I see a super strong deck, I normally avoid it and look for a way to beat it consistently. I cannot stand (lol) running the same exact deck as everybody else. A lot of my decks come from guild ideas too, it's great to have a group to discuss what to play.

3) Obviously you know how to build deck and manage a season of SE, would you share a few tips on your style of this season or simply play-style management with us?

Once again, I must enjoy what I play. If I am playing a season seriously I will only play a tested deck, nothing brand new. I am more of a tournament player though, so seasons and ranking are not on the top of my priority list.

4) Painfully personal question times, no thinking its in 4 parts. Go!
    A: Favourite drink, adult or otherwise?

Chocolate milk. I love the stuff.

B: what do you enjoy besides SE?

I watch a lot of television and movies. I'm a bit of a lazy guy.

C: Blondes , Brunettes or Redheads?

Brunettes. Or the right redhead. Emma Stone or the beauty from Game of Thrones (you know nothing Jon Snow)

D: Is Eladwan Rush a brainless deck?

I think it was. Now it takes at least a little thought.

Thank you so much for your time and I'd like to give the closing statement to you, anything you'd like to say to the SE community, new players or anything, please go ahead, the floor is yours.

Have fun playing the game. No need for drama or frustration. Join a guild, make friends. Shout out to Team Juggernauts, best guild in the game!
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Otto!

Well, kids here's another SE legend I cornered for a few minutes between his botched surgeries and womanising. He likes the 3 "F's" , food , fast cars and forty card decks, hailing from Greece , he enjoys a good Greek salad , tossed, he prefers Jelly!

A1 OTTO7

1) Please tell us a bit about yourself, where from, your age if you care to, what brought you here and how long have you been playing SE and why have you stuck around so long?

Hello Kip and everyone reading, it is an honor for me to be here!
    I am Otto7, 34yo, i am from Hellas, Athens but my heritage is from warrior lands of Spartaaaaa! 
    I am a trainee general surgeon, giving my big exams in a week and by the time u read this, hopefully, i will be a consultant ☺️ I have been a commited SE player for 6 years and A1 member for 5!
    SE was my first and remains my only TCG ever played (!) competitively and A1 my first guild and a real family! When i like smth i dont usually change it and i guess i havent found anything i liked so much as to change SE

2) You play a multitude of decks, which means you adjust to the meta, can you explain a bit about how you come up with your strategies each season?

I always liked chainging decks. I get bored and like to use all heroes and test all cards. Seeing possible good combos and create power where people dont see is my favourite! This is why i enjoy multihero tournaments like Ruler of Balor that i currently compete in. I always liked Slugfest and Crown too for bringing meta-reading and skills with many heroes at the table.
    I guess after some time u get to read the rock-paper-scissors. If u play often and have the relevant experience u usually know what to bring. For example when rushmages shine, it is wise to play heroes with Soul Seaker or Soul ripper, when Elementals shine play Wulven heroes etc Tech ofc is a much more difficult thing cause it takes a complete read of games and inclusion of cards so adjusted to raise your winrate and not so many copies as to not dilute your deck.

3) Obviously you know how to build deck and manage a season of SE, would you share a few tips on your style of this season or simply play-style management with us?

This is why i usually play 40 card decks, cause i like consistency and tunning correctly. One should include so many early answers or counters based on the bad MUs. When u see u lose often to a popular Hero, then it means u havent included all the necessary gear to overcome it .
    So a combined effort of reading the best heroes for the meta and preincluding counters for possible popular heroes is needed. This isnt only talent but also a result of experience and spending time wathing what top players play

A: Favourite drink, adult or otherwise?

At winter smoked malt whiskey. Lagavulin and Ardbeg are favorites. Kavalan too. At summer hellenic Ouzo is superb to accompany seaside food!
    i am a prolific beach-voleyball player! I love going out, love beautiful women and i enjoy my work
    haha, i dunno. Based on my history blondes were more but if u ask me i am not sure to answer why 
    hahahaha, u b@st@rd , i knew u would ask smth like that. Well it didnt need too much brain to pilot during its reign days. At current meta it needs no brain anyway cause i doubt it can reach winrate above 66%

Thank you so much for your time and I'd like to give the closing statement to you, anything you'd like to say to the SE community, new players or anything, please go ahead, the floor is yours.

Haha i am not very modest anyway and with those questions everyone will probably know 
    I am happy with my till now route. If i have to pick some moments then i will pick these from "smallest" to "biggest"
    - Winning Slugfest-IV. Not only cause it is the bigest tourney ever made outside WC (100players), but cause that gave me a prize of a full alt account which was the key to understand how effective laddering happens
    - Making the so called "unbelievable" 401 rate last season with 100 games played too. Highest rank ever made in SE with true-value-system for 6 years (iirc only season1 had other system)
    - It may sound weird but i cherish longetivity a lot more than solitaded wins. So i am very proud for having made a record with 12 top10 features in ladder. Iirc second best is half as many..
    - The moment though that i feel best about was 28 November of 2011. 5 years before. The day i got recruited to A1 and all good things happened. Thanks guys, it's been a blast!! ✌️✌☺️

Thanks for the honor Kip, i would love to answer any questions u guys might have ☺️
    Last edited by Kip thorp; 10-17-2016 at 09:37 PM.
    A1 kip thorp

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Itachi!

Hear ye, Hear ye, it's yet another interview with a SE great, this one hails from India and he likes it hot! Nobody else will admit it, but you ladies know you like that. Leviosablade, Killerheart , I'm talking to you! He's, a genuine BP phenom and a humble guy, allow me to introduce.....

BP Itachi

I am From india umm 19 year old college student first i started playing coc with killerheart then i met levi there that time i mostly play Coc but one day because of killer i try shadow era its attracts me i started nearly 1 year before and i love this community thats why i am still here

Hmm i play according to tier mostly i start new season with Zal then adjust it according to other guys playing. My strategy is simple if i have to go for score then i play nearly 10 to 15 games per day or if for rating then i focus on making a winning streak at the begining of season

I prefer aggro/rush decks if u make ur mind for top scoring or for rating i prefer some versatile decks that make ur win rate always 70/30

A: what's you favourite adult beverage or otherwise?.

sorry i not drink hehe Xd
    What no water, no lemonade, no tea? Wow, you got a strong constitution

I am a player of volleyball in my college already attended nationals 2 times so i mostly enjoy playing it

Damn this one is hard question umm leemme see um blondes is best hehe

All Rush are brainless except my favoraite zala hehe Xd

Crickets? Anybody else hear them? Well knowing Itachi, I'd say he's to humble to toot his own horn, (but he would if he could and you know it!) perhaps he and Otto are setting up a Beach Volleyball game? Anybody else cringe when they get a mental pict of these guys in Speedos on the beach?
    A1 kip thorp

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I'm posting this here for Kip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Great stuff Kip, always good to hear about the other players I see every day. Keep em coming

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    I'm posting this here for Kip.

Ahh the ever resoursful and omnipotent Gondorian beats me to the pos! As it should be. But fir you SE'ers out there who haven't seen it, it's well worth the few minutes. He's a funny guy!
    A1 kip thorp

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    At first I thought this won't be good. But now I love it Good work Kip
    IGN: TJ Scout
    Telegram: @shubham1309

"Scout is a hacker we should report him" - SK Trinolcour

Team Juggernauts Recruitment Thread

Link to TJ forum
    IRC

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Love these! Keep em coming Kippy. Maybe you can get delay of game in for an interview? I Haven't seen that guy around the forums in a while
    Shadow of the Night
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Seeker of potential, hidden from the light
    Teacher from the darkness, the Shadow of The Night
    To you I bring my knowledge, hidden from plain sight
    And write it in my blog, bringing new things to the fight

IGN: BP Umbra Nox

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Heh, great stuff

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Telegram and SE

Spam vs fun?

Well kids , it's been a week an I figured I'd address a few questions and issues I've been forwarded, So today's interview is with the one and only ME ,Kip's the name, don't abuse it, trust me , it's the best conversation I've had

So the questions or statements , to put them more in focus, have been this.

How did Telegram take over or become the goto place to chat and why do we put up with all the spamming?

Well kids it's simply simple, or complicatedly uncomplicated......ok, it's a giant shrimp and so cold it's hot kinda story,,,,so grab a bucket of ice and maybe some ghost pepper chips, because you'll need both.

A long time ago in a game you know well, there used to be IIRC, or IRC, it was basically a way to chat w others, Gondorian created a way to chat, while in game, it was Awsome. You could have private chats, but no groups if I recall, and nothing at all was saved if you signed off. So it was simply a real time chat thing. Very basic, no stickers, no gifs, no history (unless you screen shot something or saved it I guess). But it was for playing and interacting. Pretty cool.
    Other formats were tried, Whatsaap comes to mind, but never took off or were never promoted. Until........

Enter out own 4 wheeled Cyborg of goodly death , Samj, well he (foolishly) introduced us to TG, well a lot of us thought it was great, many did not. And boy what a dust up it caused, A1 was already having internal issues at that point and this was fuel for the fire. We blew up, and a few of us die hards, took this App to heart , truly believing it would help SE and promoted the crap out of it. The rest is history.
    IIRC was kinda dead, never really dead, but unused or rarely used. So TG took right over after a month or two of Ajustments. Caitlyn0 and myself were logging people into it for a year or more, and others joined in and helped to add members eager to meet other players. It worked ,,,,who knew....lol....we took a shot and we got lucky.

Now , fast forward to today.....TG has caused forum use on all forums, SE, guilds and associated sites to tank. Why, well because everybody wants everything now, why wait and hour or day for a thought out responce on a forum, when you might get something right now at the drive through that TG is. It's basically fast food for the game and community. Which is cool, I love a good burger fast. Who wouldn't. But I feel a lot of us have forgotten the history and information that's archived on forums. That's just me though.

Now this brings us to another point.....Stckers, gifs, spam and related bullshyte.....personally, and really I'm only talking w myself here or about myself (haha, I know what your thinking and I know the fapping sticker your gonna post). I'm kinda tired of the sticker trains. I mean really, does 15 minutes of no talking mean that stupid frog or laughing guys or any one of a million anime related stickers just have to post? It's used up or misused comedy. A well placed sticker is funny as hell, but 20 in a row, is boring. So I've been asked, why aren't we policing this anymore, why are the TG mods doing little.

This is only my thoughts, but I know my answer. Because the caliber of player has changed....not that they can't play well, but the humor if you can call it that has just gotten a bit dull. This has driven many SE players away from the OOPs room and SE chats, I mean, it's kinda a waste of time, and it's not even funny. I think a few of us, just don't care, let the kids play kinda attitude. Why bother.
    The worste will scream free speech, lol, they could care less about that, only about doing what they want, fine, let em do it. Is it hurting anybody? No, I hope not.
    Is it drawing more people to SE?
    No, defiantly not, quite the opposite. It's driving more away, maybe not the game, but the community.

So any ways, that's it. It's only my opinion, based on a few questions, but I see no reason I shouldn't post it here see if anybody cares, which I doubt. Also looking forward to 10k sticker trains soon. But really, I find it a waste myself because there's nothing fun behind it. Simply it promotes a throw away conversation, unless you use them w a bit of thought.
    Here endeth the lesson.
    A1 kip thorp